Tony Scott On Tony Scott (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Tony Scott On Tony Scott (20/8/2012 11:33:05 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Whistler -> (20/8/2012 11:33:05 AM)

"But I love the adventure and excitement. I mean, we had four bulletproof cars stolen. We had kids turning up shirtless at 3am on crystal meth carrying Uzis. We just said, ‘Fuck it — take the cars."

That's crazy, I had no idea the Man on Fire shoot was so dangerous. RIP Tony, you'll be sorely missed.

Count Karnstein -> tony scott - amazing director (20/8/2012 12:57:04 PM)

true romance and crimson tide are two of my favourites

RIP tony

MuckyMuckMan -> RIP Action Maestro (20/8/2012 9:40:53 PM)

A very sad day to lose one of the best action movie directors of all time. OK he misfired from time to time (Domino, Top Gun, Days of Thunder) but he's also made classics such as True Romance, Man on Fire, Crimson Tide and the ultimate guilty pleasure of The Last Boyscout. R.I.P. Tony you'l be incredibly missed.

Garth_Marenghi -> @MuckyMuckMan (21/8/2012 4:22:49 AM)

Top Gun is hardly a misfire - it's the first film mentioned in every obituary for the great man. It still has the best aerial action ever committed to celluloid. Loved reading this again, Empire, thanks. It reminded me what a lovely down-to-Earth, no-nonsense guy he was, and how many happy hours at the cinema he provided me with over my lifetime. Cinema just became a bit more boring now he's gone.

kielerkai -> I love TRUE ROMANCE (21/8/2012 9:01:43 AM)

It's in the top 10 of my top 500 best movies ever.

Josh91 -> Where's Enemy of the State? (21/8/2012 10:13:33 AM)

Where's Enemy Of The State? It is very odd that it is not listed.

PANDAPOP1 -> THE FAN, ENEMY OF THE STATE, SPY GAME (21/8/2012 1:49:36 PM)

It really bugs me that The Fan, Enemy of the State and Spy Game were all left out. The Fan is probably his most underrated film, Enemy is a cracking action film and Spy Game is brilliant!! Please, please include them!!!!

Lol78 -> Wait a minute...... (21/8/2012 8:11:08 PM)

Top Gun was literally HEROIC when it came out. Yes, it was a flamboyant copy of An Officer and a Gentleman (at the time) - bloke joining Naval Airforce, motorbike, dead mate etc, but for a 10-15yr old boy, this was extreme high jingoistic action with no homo-erotic mention at the time. Listen, all films suffer aging at some point, but growing up in the mid-80's this WAS rock n roll

As per previous posts, this type of balls-out film making will be sorely missed, especially as you can see from 80's, thought the 90's to the 00's.....the guy just got better and stronger then the previous outing

God bless, TS

Joe Cohen -> Things Are Missing! (21/8/2012 8:13:54 PM)

There are several films missing from this list, Enemy of the State, Spy Games whats going oh here?

only1brams -> Always remember (22/8/2012 8:42:15 PM)

You sometimes forget how many great films people direct until they pass away. Tony may not have been recognised by Oscars, but no one can deny that he will be recognised by the public, the people that matter when it comes to films that he was the master of action and entertainment.

Avengers12 -> Deja Vu...where is it...?? (24/8/2012 2:14:53 PM)

where da heck's Deja vu..?? i think of all Tony-Denzel collaborations THAT's the best one, second only to Crimson Tide. it's got Denzel, a Batman (Val Kilmer), the new girl from Mission: Impossible 4 (the pretty and pre-mom Paula Patton) and Jesus friggin' Christ Himself (Jim Caviezel).

the plot's not that original and intriguing, nonetheless. it's got cool action set pieces and Tony's style didn't go TOO overwhelming that it distracts from the story, like it did with Man on Fire and Domino.
i'm sad Tony's gone now...but, i wish he coulda done another collaboration with Tom Cruise in a reunion project.

sredd -> Revenge? (25/8/2012 5:40:21 PM)

Where's 'Revenge'?!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI