RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (16/12/2012 8:34:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Iniesta has actually been better this year (also the best player at the Euros along with Pirlo). Shame there's absolutely no chance of him winning the Ballon d'Or though.

yeah, he's been great - his ability to buy space with a drop of the shoulder is a thing of beauty. I think even Messi would like him to get the Ballon d'Or.

Messi, so blessed with talent and so willing to give kudos to others. When I think of Ronaldo, Zlatan and Bendtner, it is surely this facet which binds them all [:D]

He's still got a couple of games left this season hasn't he. Are they playing Deportivo again? I see that Falcao filled his boots against them at the weekend.

heh heh. Next week should actually be tasty enough - Barca play Atletico Madrid and Barca's defence are bound to cough up a few chance for Falcao.

Power, pace & skill. Quality goal.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (16/12/2012 9:15:12 PM)

[sm=worship.gif] Another one for Messi. Quality game this one.

Two

MOTH -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 9:00:16 AM)

Some brilliant goals in that game. Pity Falcao couldn't get more service in the second half, as Barca took control. But at least he got that goal to shows his wares.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 11:35:32 AM)

Some really beautiful football and outstanding goals yesterday. I'm actually half hoping that Falcao doesn't move on as he's most of that Atletico team right now. But I think it is inevitable that he will. Just hope its not Chelsea as I see no evidence that by being in that team he will become a better player or even maintain his current standards.

All credit to the set up of Barca (kind of like Liverpool of old) that the team hasn't skipped a beat since Pep left. There have been defensive frailties and its clear they rely on Puyol too much for their foundation, but I'm not sure these problems won't have appeared under Pep.

I just hope that someone close to Arsenal is political enough to put it to Pep that the Barca team (mostly assembled before him) is so good anyone could do that job and he needs a challenge that is not City / Chelsea / PSG / Anzhi - I'd not mind him at Utd tbh but I don't see that happening.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 11:57:45 AM)

Great player Falcao.
I think he'd be perfect for the PL and Chelsea,though I think it'll be better if he went to a club that was more grounded interms of management.
But saying that I don't think Manchester United would be interested,Arsenal would'nt afford his transfer fee or (most likely) ridiculous wage demands,and that leaves only Chelsea or City who if also interested could create an interesting and manic war of the billionares attemps to sign him for there clubs in January.That alone would be enthralling and entertaining[:)]

Now onto Messi.What is there to say?,he's making it look easier and easier every week.He must be getting bored ,and he might think of taking-up a new challange[sm=whistle.gif]

Saltire -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 12:07:29 PM)

Messi was actually very poor throughout the game, yet he still scored twice - what a player! [:D]

Falcao's goal was superb, the chip was great but I loved the way he got free of the defense to get in on goal. Adriano is having a fine season once more this year, he's a bit like Glen Johnson (wait, hang on before you laugh) in that he only ever scores beauties! I do think Alexis needs time out though, he's having a stinker this season, how he starts ahead of Villa is beyond me.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 12:24:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Messi was actually very poor throughout the game, yet he still scored twice - what a player! [:D]

I'm way too young to have seen the likes of Pele, Pushkas, di Steffano, Garrincha, Robin Friday [:D], etc. So, I'd have easily been able to call Diego the best footballer I've seen. Despite there been many other worthy contenders and personal favourites, like Matthaus, Kanchelskis, Dalglish, Hoddle, Platini, etc.).

But I'm really going to have to start to re-evaluate that now. And I think that if (and its a huge if), but if he can take the WC in Brazil by storm then we will be talking about Pele, Maradona and Messi as the 3 best ever.

MOTH -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 12:33:44 PM)

Apparently Falcao is naturally right footed, which made his goal yesterday even better, although his left could hardly be called weak.

Apart from his obvious brilliance, the other amazing thing about Messi is how little he gets injured nowadays, despite all the kicks he gets. I like to think his training is like that bit where Bruce Wayne dances about on the poles above the pit, whilst getting whacked, in Batman Begins

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 12:44:15 PM)

quote:

Apparently Falcao is naturally right footed, which made his goal yesterday even better, although his left could hardly be called weak.

At 5'10" he's also very strong in the air.

Going to take a lot of dosh for Atletico to let him go (I think they spent around €45M on him).

The other thing I find interesting about him is he's a bit Kaka-like in his beliefs. I don't know how much you separate the job and belief, but I've never thought of Chelsea (for example) as a lot of choir boys. And he might find that staying in Catholic Spain is a bit easier for him than a move to England.

I see there is speculation about Barca moving Villa on. You just wonder if there might be a Falcao sized hole in that team they'd fancy filling.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (17/12/2012 1:54:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

Going to take a lot of dosh for Atletico to let him go (I think they spent around €45M on him).

The other thing I find interesting about him is he's a bit Kaka-like in his beliefs. I don't know how much you separate the job and belief, but I've never thought of Chelsea (for example) as a lot of choir boys. And he might find that staying in Catholic Spain is a bit easier for him than a move to England.

I see there is speculation about Barca moving Villa on. You just wonder if there might be a Falcao sized hole in that team they'd fancy filling.

He certainly would improve Barca's edge no doubt.
Barca seem heavily reliant on Messi,yes its working at the minute, but if they face another team who'll play similar tactics to Chelsea last year then another (great) option in Falcao would be a smart move.

galvatron -> RE: European football (19/12/2012 8:52:24 PM)

Sad news today that Tito Vilanova has had a relapse of his cancer. Seems like real bad luck for Barca with Abidal and now Vilanova both ill. His number 2 is going to take over during treatment.

Saltire -> RE: European football (20/12/2012 1:09:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

I'm way too young to have seen the likes of Pele, Pushkas, di Steffano, Garrincha, Robin Friday [:D], etc. So, I'd have easily been able to call Diego the best footballer I've seen. Despite there been many other worthy contenders and personal favourites, like Matthaus, Kanchelskis, Dalglish, Hoddle, Platini, etc.).

But I'm really going to have to start to re-evaluate that now. And I think that if (and its a huge if), but if he can take the WC in Brazil by storm then we will be talking about Pele, Maradona and Messi as the 3 best ever.

I can't have Pele up there in the all time top three personally. If Messi has a great WC especially if Argentina outlast Brazil and the wee man pulls the strings, I think he can be righfully up there with Maradona and Zidane. Having said all that, he's not my favourite player of the moment - that accolade is for Iniesta. [;)]

Saltire -> RE: European football (20/12/2012 1:11:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

He certainly would improve Barca's edge no doubt.
Barca seem heavily reliant on Messi,yes its working at the minute, but if they face another team who'll play similar tactics to Chelsea last year then another (great) option in Falcao would be a smart move.

I can't see Falcao going to Barca, not that I don't think he'd be a great signing, but I just think Barca are waiting to get Neymar in a few years after Rio.

Also sad to hear about Tito having a relapse, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Rinc -> RE: European football (3/1/2013 3:43:01 PM)

MIlan have walked off in a friendly against Pro Patria following racist chanting. Well done to Milan and Kevin Prince Boateng who grew so fed up he kicked the ball at the section of chanting fans and then started the walk off.

It would be interesting to see the implications for a team who did this in a match that matters. And whether a team would actually do it. I for one would happily support Liverpool walking off even if it cost them a fine, 3 points or it caused them to be knocked out of a competition. Really not sure what Uefa or Fifa would do.

horribleives -> RE: European football (3/1/2013 3:50:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

MIlan have walked off in a friendly against Pro Patria following racist chanting. Well done to Milan and Kevin Prince Boateng who grew so fed up he kicked the ball at the section of chanting fans and then started the walk off.

It would be interesting to see the implications for a team who did this in a match that matters. And whether a team would actually do it. I for one would happily support Liverpool walking off even if it cost them a fine, 3 points or it caused them to be knocked out of a competition. Really not sure what Uefa or Fifa would do.

Aye, I'd be proud as punch if my team walked off. And considering we've got a game in Ukraine (followed by a potential Russian tie if we get throught) coming up, it may (sadly) happen yet.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (3/1/2013 4:09:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Aye, I'd be proud as punch if my team walked off. And considering we've got a game in Ukraine (followed by a potential Russian tie if we get throught) coming up, it may (sadly) happen yet.

I'd fully support a team walking off for the purposes of racist abuse during the game. But I think there is a way of handling it, that is not an immediate walk off. i.e. reporting it to the ref who should look into it and see if appropriate action can be taken (e.g. the quietening of fans or removal of some supporters from the stadium) before recommencing the game.

In other Italian news. Llorente set to become Bendtner's biatch next season [:D] http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20899787

impqueen -> RE: European football (3/1/2013 4:35:41 PM)

That’s brilliant, I hope other teams and players will take this and do the same if faced with similar abhorrent behaviour. I agree with Prof in that the Ref should be informed first though to see if action can be taken against the perpetrators there and then.

Rinc -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 7:55:04 PM)

Messi has deservedly won the Ballon d'Or for the fourth time. Ronaldo in second and Iniesta in third.

Always interesting to see the votes: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/ballond'or/playeroftheyear(men)/01/98/07/84/fboawardmenplayer2012-bycountry.pdf

Special mention to Joachim Low who put Ozil in first and Neuer in second!

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 8:22:17 PM)

Ronaldo's face says it all with regards to Messi winning yet again.[:D]
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/kjek1/00000000000BADDFD9-8A15-436A-BBB2-E74B2B6CE945-131-00000001EBC34138_zps8285f5a6.jpg[/image]
[sm=happy07.gif]

Olaf -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 8:24:01 PM)

I love the Djibouti captain putting Zlatan in first place, just because it conjures images of Zlatan being a hero in Djibouti for some reason. and Casillas not voting for teammate Iniesta or Messi, CONTROVERSIAL.

Team of the year was a joke though - Pique and Marcelo were hardly at their best this year, let alone best in the world. Should've had Chiellini in there instead.

directorscut -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 8:51:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Ronaldo's face says it all with regards to Messi winning yet again.[:D]
[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/kjek1/00000000000BADDFD9-8A15-436A-BBB2-E74B2B6CE945-131-00000001EBC34138_zps8285f5a6.jpg[/image]
[sm=happy07.gif]

[image]http://vjmorton.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/amadeussalieri.jpg[/image]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:04:14 PM)

quote:

Messi has deservedly won the Ballon d'Or for the fourth time. Ronaldo in second and Iniesta in third.

Always interesting to see the votes: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/ballond'or/playeroftheyear(men)/01/98/07/84/fboawardmenplayer2012-bycountry.pdf

Special mention to Joachim Low who put Ozil in first and Neuer in second!

Sheldon Longley,Aaron Gray,Pavel Louzanov and Kyaw Zaw Linn I'm disappointed.You have brought disgrace upon the holy walls of FIFA Football unity and world peace.

directorscut -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:13:26 PM)

Robbie Keane knows his football:

quote:

Captain Republic of Ireland Keane Robbie Messi Lionel Cristiano Ronaldo Iniesta Andrés

Unlike Stevie G:

quote:

Captain England Gerrard Steven Messi Lionel Cristiano Ronaldo Alonso Xabi

[;)]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:21:16 PM)

Personally I would have went for :Ian Wright,Jimmy Bullard and Joe Pasquale.
[image]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40549000/jpg/_40549701_joe_pasquale_203itv.jpg[/image]
"Jacobs"

Rinc -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:28:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Unlike Stevie G:

quote:

Captain England Gerrard Steven Messi Lionel Cristiano Ronaldo Alonso Xabi

[;)]

Quite funny how Gerrard voted for his mate. [:D]

Olaf -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:35:29 PM)

It'd be great if at least one player or coach decided to show off their patrician taste in footballers and picked some hipster choices outside of the top three. Messi/Ronaldo/Iniesta are going to win anyway, so you might as well declare that you voted Beñat Etxebarria or Ezequiel Lavezzi because he's so underground.

(edit - though Lavezzi has technically sold out. Hamsik instead?)

Rinc -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:39:04 PM)

You'd think Low would be that man

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iXjepUtNEfA/S8xNioRFcrI/AAAAAAAACe4/s1HKTkdYTB4/s1600/joachim-loew2.jpg[/image]

Olaf -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 9:43:38 PM)

This explains why Bundesjogi seems to exclusively pick players from the best hipster league in the world for the mannschaft. the La Liga and the EPL are just so mainstream.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 10:00:43 PM)

quote:

I love the Djibouti captain putting Zlatan in first place, just because it conjures images of Zlatan being a hero in Djibouti for some reason. and Casillas not voting for teammate Iniesta or Messi, CONTROVERSIAL.

Team of the year was a joke though - Pique and Marcelo were hardly at their best this year, let alone best in the world. Should've had Chiellini in there instead.

Indeed.

An absolute fucking joke.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (7/1/2013 10:22:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

Indeed.

An absolute fucking joke.

[image]http://londontomk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/drogba.gif[/image]
"Its a f*cking disgrace!"[;)]

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI