RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

matty_b -> RE: European football (24/5/2014 10:26:37 PM)

Aye, dodgy first half aside, can't disagree with Real running out as champions, even though four was flattering to them. Pleased for Bale as well, even if he didn't have the greatest of games. Simeone will surely rue starting with Costa.

MOTH -> RE: European football (24/5/2014 10:33:08 PM)

Di Maria was the classiest player out there tonight, both during the game and after. No dirt or complainingor wanky goal celebrations or shirts off, just quick feet and brain and courage on the ball. Look forward to seeing him link up with messi in world cup.

matty_b -> RE: European football (24/5/2014 10:35:10 PM)

Very pleased for Ancelotti as well - always thought he's a class act. So much better to see him lift three CLs rather than Mourinho.

MOTH -> RE: European football (24/5/2014 10:42:33 PM)

Pepe really is a bollix.

superdan -> RE: European football (24/5/2014 11:00:12 PM)

I hate it when football lets you down. First QPR winning and now this. I'm not sure I want to watch any of the World Cup right now.

Rinc -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 7:43:19 AM)

I was disappointed too Dan. Not just because of the victoy but because of the score and the heartbreak Atleti were suffering from. I find it very hard to like Real in any way, apart from loving Alonso of course!

Gabi was amazing last night, just a shame Atleti looked knackered.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 9:49:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I hate it when football lets you down. First QPR winning and now this. I'm not sure I want to watch any of the World Cup right now.

Its ok,England wont let you down. [:D]

I thought it was a decent game,though clearly the final result is hugely flattering to Real Madrid.

Di Maria was by far the best attacker on the pitch last night.It's nice to see a winger taking on people but one who doesn't succumb to falling over once he's weaved his way into the oppositions box.

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 9:56:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Varys

I predict a 2-0 victory for Barca.And a 4-1 victory for Real next week...
Just like I said...

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 9:57:20 AM)

What a bitter little man Simeone is...

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 9:58:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Very pleased for Ancelotti as well - always thought he's a class act. So much better to see him lift three CLs rather than Mourinho.
I always believe that Sir Alex would be the one doing it...

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 10:00:15 AM)

In the extra time there was only one team in the pitch. It was one of the most fair results I have ever watch. Real was by far a superior team from Atletico...

superdan -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 10:09:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I was disappointed too Dan. Not just because of the victoy but because of the score and the heartbreak Atleti were suffering from. I find it very hard to like Real in any way, apart from loving Alonso of course!

Gabi was amazing last night, just a shame Atleti looked knackered.

I like Ancelotti and I'm pleased that Bale has got a CL medal in his first season away from Spurs (even if he was mostly wank last night), but the sight of that preening cock Ronaldo and that detestable thug Pepe celebrating made me want to throw up. Plus it's yet another victory for money over the underdog. Boo to all that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
Its ok,England wont let you down [:D]

I'm sure [:D] To be fair I'm not expecting them to do anything, so the chances of them letting me down are slim (nil points would be a let-down but that's about it).

galvatron -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 10:48:24 AM)

Real have some deplorable players, Ramos, Ronaldo, Pepe... can't stand any of them. In 90 minutes Real created very little. Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema were anonymous for most of the game.

Don't be blinded by the scoreline, Real didn't create a lot until late into injury time. The game was probably a step too far for Atletico who looked exhausted.

ElephantBoy -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 11:49:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Don't worry CR will be in tears by the end of the World Cup this is the weakest Portugal have been in years.

I like Carlo too, apart from that I was rooting for AR. Champions League doesn't interest me too much anyway.

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 1:04:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Real have some deplorable players, Ramos, Ronaldo, Pepe... can't stand any of them. In 90 minutes Real created very little. Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema were anonymous for most of the game.

Don't be blinded by the scoreline, Real didn't create a lot until late into injury time. The game was probably a step too far for Atletico who looked exhausted.

If you like or don't like the Real players is irrelevant. The better team has won the Champions League...

Nezzley -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 1:25:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

Di Maria was the classiest player out there tonight, both during the game and after. No dirt or complainingor wanky goal celebrations or shirts off, just quick feet and brain and courage on the ball. Look forward to seeing him link up with messi in world cup.

It was good to see him get some credit last night, very underrated player. Would love for him to come to Liverpool and play on the left of a diamond with Henderson on the right but imagine Real will want to keep him now.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 3:41:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nezzley

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

It was good to see him get some credit last night, very underrated player. Would love for him to come to Liverpool and play on the left of a diamond with Henderson on the right but imagine Real will want to keep him now.

Last summer was a great chance for some top clubs to really go in for Di Maria but this summer,after last night,no chance.
Isco,Khedira,Morata and Jesé Rodríguez could all be up for grabs though as its likely Madrid might bring in another 'Galactico'.[sm=33.gif]

Rinc -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 11:24:49 PM)

quote:

Isco,Khedira,Morata and Jesé Rodríguez could all be up for grabs though as its likely Madrid might bring in another 'Galactico'.[sm=33.gif]

I'd bite Real's rich hand off for those players but can't see us going for any of them.

I suppose there's a few Real players I like, plus Ancelotti. It's hard not to respect Casillas, and Di Maria, Khedira and Modric are all alright. It's just my hatred of the overall club and a couple of their players overrides that!

CORLEONE -> RE: European football (25/5/2014 11:36:15 PM)

I really think Di Maria has been Real's player of the season. Never seen a player with so much energy and drive.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (26/5/2014 6:36:01 AM)

quote:

Di Maria was by far the best attacker on the pitch last night.It's nice to see a winger taking on people but one who doesn't succumb to falling over once he's weaved his way into the oppositions box.

Who is this imposter? It's not the Angel Di Maria I've come to know over the years.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (26/5/2014 12:36:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

Who is this imposter? It's not the Angel Di Maria I've come to know over the years.

[image]http://i.imgur.com/djztOas.gif[/image]

shool -> RE: European football (20/6/2014 2:59:40 PM)

So what do people think over the rumour linking Suarez with a move to Barca?

As a Barca admirer, I really hope it happens. An attacking 3 of Suarez, Messi and Neymar would be pretty great if it clicked.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/113045/barcelona-in-advanced-talks-with-liverpool-over-luis-suarez/

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (20/6/2014 3:21:46 PM)

I don't think anyone will be surprised if Suarez isn't in the PL next season. I just hope he doesn't act a tosser in the middle of it saying that he can't return to England because people hate him for putting England out of the WC, or some such bollox.

Barca underperformed last season so the pressure will be on to open the cheque book. Personally I think a front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez has an exciting feel about it, but I'm not so sure it works in practice.

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (12/7/2014 8:13:45 PM)

Just a question. We post about Champions League in this thread or we make another thread for it?

shool -> RE: European football (14/7/2014 9:10:52 AM)

It usually goes in here I believe

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (14/7/2014 9:46:14 AM)

Ok then I will risk a prediction for the 2014/15 Season Champions League winner:

Arsenal

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (8/8/2014 11:21:24 AM)

Couple of interesting bits of news today.

I think the proposed 15M move of Vermaelen to Barca makes sense for all involved.

And then well done Celtic. Overturning a CL 6 - 1 deficit to draw 4 - 4 and go through on away goals!

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (12/8/2014 7:42:31 PM)

Who'd be a goalkeeper [sm=ohmy.gif]

Real: Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao, Kroos, Rodriguez, Modric, Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (13/8/2014 4:24:55 PM)

I know he probably earns this in a few minutes, but top bloke Zlatan http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/zlatan-ibrahimovic-donates-30000-swedish-4043276

The Swedish learning difficulties team qualified to play in their WC in Brazil. But couldn't afford to go. So they asked players to donate shirts or boots to be raffled off. Zlatan asked them how much they needed to go and then sent the money.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (19/8/2014 8:15:45 AM)

A tough enough tie for Arsenal in the CL tonight. So good luck to them. And the other PL teams in the CL, City, Chelsea & Manchester Utd Liverpool

Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 [33] 34   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI