RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (19/2/2014 7:24:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Think Pellegrini got it all wrong tonight ,tactics, selection and this was as far from vintage Barca as your going to see. Very negative, far too much respect shown to a team with a poor record in England considering what they have achieved, and a disappointing game all round.

I think that's a bit harsh. Citeh played okay considering how much possession Barcelona tend to have in matches and arguably improved after the penalty. If Clichy could cross a ball...

Like many others this season, I think this game showed just how reliant they are on Kompany at the back. Demichelis, Lescott or Nastasic really aren't the answer at all & it was inevitable this weakness would be seized upon at this level.

PSG looking quite formidable at the moment. Ibra's 2nd was a beauty!

This could be a week where the away sides all put themselves in poll position for the q finals. Milan have improved under Seedorf but I fancy Athletico to get through that tie. It'd be great to see Arsenal dump Bayern but they haven't looked like slipping up at all this season.

shool -> RE: European football (17/4/2014 10:54:10 AM)

Sad to see Barcelona struggle as much as they have this season. Especially apparent in their last 3 performances.
Messi was totally absent last night and I dont know if its the team playing a different way, morale of the team in general or just down to his own personal performance.

What a goal by Bale though. Great to see him cement another reason he's a superstar.

galvatron -> RE: European football (17/4/2014 11:39:36 AM)

Barca have played Messi out on the right in the last three games and have had Cesc in the middle. Only once Cesc had been taken off was Messi involved at all in the game. The Guardian said it was like having a Michelin starred restaurant and having the chef cleaning the toilets all night. Total waste.

shool -> RE: European football (17/4/2014 11:45:14 AM)

And for that you have to blame the managers tactics.
As a keen follower of Barca its frustrating to see the quality in their squad just not clicking this season.

Rinc -> RE: European football (17/4/2014 12:41:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Barca have played Messi out on the right in the last three games and have had Cesc in the middle. Only once Cesc had been taken off was Messi involved at all in the game. The Guardian said it was like having a Michelin starred restaurant and having the chef cleaning the toilets all night. Total waste.

It's hard to see what Cesc does in that team. He's a brilliant player in the right team but I just don't understand what his role in that team is. Barca are much better without him. And Martino's devotion to Neymar is hard to fathom. If I was a cynical man I'd say the powers that be at Barca are demanding he plays. [sm=dry.gif]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/4/2014 5:38:51 PM)

R.I.P Tito Vilanova

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (25/4/2014 6:52:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

It's hard to see what Cesc does in that team. He's a brilliant player in the right team but I just don't understand what his role in that team is. Barca are much better without him. And Martino's devotion to Neymar is hard to fathom. If I was a cynical man I'd say the powers that be at Barca are demanding he plays. [sm=dry.gif]

I was in Barcelona earlier this month and took in the Betis game. With the obvious exception of Messi, both Neymar and Fabregas are the main poster boys in the club shop, around the stadium and throughout the city. The former for his international status, the latter for his Catalan roots. Neither however contribute to that team in the way you would think their talent would ensue. Neymar in particular is a waste of space and after seeing numerous games this season I'm convinced he cannot function properly with Messi in the side. Playing him on either wing is essentially like playing with 10 men. He's simply not interested unless he's the focal point of the side.

And R.I.P. Tito. [:(]

Scott_ -> RE: European football (29/4/2014 8:27:25 PM)

Not going well for Bayern...

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (29/4/2014 8:38:32 PM)

Great game.
Bale and Ronaldo on the counter attack,it really doesn't get any better.

Alonso was silly to do that needless tackle though and if I was Carlos I'd replace Ramos at HT.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (29/4/2014 10:26:26 PM)

Wow.

Chuffed for Bale. Tough move to Real for all that cash, but looks like he might be settling in.

Ronaldo is the best in the world right now. WC will be tough for him, I hope he has a good one.

Rinc -> RE: European football (30/4/2014 7:56:01 PM)

Hoping it's not a Real-Chelsea final. Otherwise it's like choosing whether to invite Charles Manson or Fred West round for Christmas dinner.

Hopefully Atletico make Mourinho cry tonight (not bitter about Sunday !)

Rinc -> RE: European football (30/4/2014 8:30:03 PM)

Atletico should be better than Liverpool at breaking Chelsea down. More direct and with more muscle.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (30/4/2014 8:52:18 PM)

I don't get not celebrating against a former team. It's not like he left last week and you don't have to be in your face with a celebration. But your job is to score. You might not do that job very often, at least look like it gives you pleasure when you do do it.

I was expecting a 0-0 going all the way to pens tonight. Balls in Atletici's court, but at the house of Chelsea. Bring on the final quarter.

MOTH -> RE: European football (30/4/2014 9:24:04 PM)

I must say I've become a fervent atletico fan this season. Watching them refuse to fall away in la liga like everyone expected has been inspiring stuff and by the looks of things they're now only 3 wins away from achieving an astonishing double. I for one will be devastated if Real pip them for both.

matty_b -> RE: European football (30/4/2014 9:40:23 PM)

Much as Maureen vs Carlo and both men against their former clubs would have made a fascinating backdrop for a final, football was the real winner tonight.

Ultimo Lee -> RE: European football (1/5/2014 1:10:14 AM)

Great night for football, great night for the champions league and a great night for Atletico Madrid, i hope they go on and win it as well as La Liga they deserve it.

A final that will be worth watching. Real/Chelsea would have sucked.

Simeone after the match: "Thank you to the mothers who gave birth to these Atléti players... their sons have massive balls"

Rhubarb -> RE: European football (1/5/2014 1:22:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I don't get not celebrating against a former team. It's not like he left last week and you don't have to be in your face with a celebration. But your job is to score. You might not do that job very often, at least look like it gives you pleasure when you do do it.

I don't really mind too much when its like Torres, who clearly still has affection for Atléti and is considered a club legend still by their fans, but as a trend it has generally got way out of line. When you've got to the point of - to pick a random example - Jonjo Shelvy refusing to celebrate when scoring a screamer at Anfield, that's clearly ridiculous.

Mind you speaking of Torres, he should have scored against Liverpool at the weekend and then dived into the fans or run the full length of the pitch to celebrate or something really over the top, just for the laughs. Say what you want about Emmanuel Adebayor (I often have), but that man knows how to celebrate against old clubs [:D]

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (1/5/2014 8:04:16 AM)

Real will win Atletico 4-0...

horribleives -> RE: European football (1/5/2014 2:05:33 PM)

Obviously the final is a more tantalising game now but I'm not sure about this 'football was the winner' business. Chelsea have their fair share of cheats but when it comes to diving, fouling, feigning injury and time-wasting they've got nothing on Real and Atletico. It'll be fun to watch with a lot of talent on the pitch but hardly a great advertisement for the beautiful game.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 5:42:30 PM)

Could Atletico Munsen la Liga?

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 6:25:15 PM)

I wish Athletico doesn't win anything this season...

Scott_ -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 6:30:32 PM)

Why?

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 6:32:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Why?
Don't like the coach(remember the 1998 world cup?) and they didn't deserve to be at the Champions League final...

Scott_ -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 6:42:10 PM)

A 3-1 win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge suggests they do deserve it...

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 6:44:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

A 3-1 win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge suggests they do deserve it...
And a 2-0 defeat against Levante suggests that they don't deserve the Championship...

Scott_ -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 6:59:32 PM)

Games to play yet. Whoever wins it, deserves it. That's how football works, unless I've been missing something all these years. 1 game doesn't decide a season.

galvatron -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 7:42:47 PM)

Even though they've slipped up today. Real still need Atletico to slip up again as Atleti are ahead on results against each other and goal difference is irrelevant after that... last day of the season Barca play Atleti

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 8:54:34 PM)

Real is losing 1-0 from Valencia in the half time...

Lord Varys -> RE: European football (4/5/2014 9:18:00 PM)

Real has equalize with Ramos with still 30 minutes to go...

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (5/5/2014 7:29:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Varys

And a 2-0 defeat against Levante suggests that they don't deserve the Championship...

Bizarre comment.

Whoever's top of the table at the end of the season will deserve it. Even if it's the often misfiring Barcelona.

I have a feeling Real Madrid will end up profiting over that Barca Atletico clash & nip ahead of both of them in the end.

Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI