RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

James2183 -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 11:05:24 AM)

Everyone kept saying there was nothing to play for but top of the group was still up for grabs. One more goal would have given City the place, not they're likely to face Real, PSG or Barca

shool -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 11:08:36 AM)

Well they've got to play them sooner or later. [:)]

MOTH -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 11:19:10 AM)

mental bit of weather at the juve-galatasary game last night, resultign in frantic, and ultimately fruitless, attempt to clear the pitch and mark out lines in orange.
Always amuses me that no matter how big the stadium, or how rich the club, the pitch lines still rely on a little bloke trundling out with one of those wheely things, which inevitably has dried paint slopped down the sides, just like every two-bit pitch the world over.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 12:13:14 PM)

You have to love the optimism in the CL

"I think we could be classed as one of the favourites," said Moyes (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25328041)

Don't get me wrong, Utd have shown touches of class in the CL, and I suppose it depends how many favourites you have at the last 16 stage. I've also not watched as much European football this season as others. But personally I'd be putting my money on Real, Barca, Bayern, City as the 4 favourites - I mean you can't really have more than 4 can you. And I wouldn't see Utd really as favourites in a tie with Atletico, Juve, Dortmund, Napoli, PSG, Chelsea or Arsenal.

I guess that stranger things have happened and Chelsea and Porto have shown that you don't have to be a team dominant in attack to win the CL, but Moyes has a lot of work to do between now and February IMO if he is to take Utd to a CL semi-final or further.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 1:20:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

mental bit of weather at the juve-galatasary game last night, resultign in frantic, and ultimately fruitless, attempt to clear the pitch and mark out lines in orange.
Always amuses me that no matter how big the stadium, or how rich the club, the pitch lines still rely on a little bloke trundling out with one of those wheely things, which inevitably has dried paint slopped down the sides, just like every two-bit pitch the world over.

HT now, after re-starting the game. Apparently conditions are poor and the game is not much better.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 2:16:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Everyone kept saying there was nothing to play for but top of the group was still up for grabs. One more goal would have given City the place, not they're likely to face Real, PSG or Barca

Apparently not everyone knew that [:D] http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25328129

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 2:20:15 PM)

And that's just taken away Utds hopes of signing Sneijder (according to the rumours from about 2005 onwards [:D]). On their signings. Honda just gone to Milan on a free, I've always been impressed when I've seen him playing for Japan, but I guess Moyes doesn't really fancy the Japanese players.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 2:29:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

And that's just taken away Utds hopes of signing Sneijder (according to the rumours from about 2005 onwards [:D]). On their signings. Honda just gone to Milan on a free, I've always been impressed when I've seen him playing for Japan, but I guess Moyes doesn't really fancy the Japanese players.

They do have tendencies to overindulge. Would make sense to steer clear [;)]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 9:38:27 PM)

It's all happening in Group F. Couple of losses in the league, on the edge of going out of the CL, and just when I'm wondering if a club could tempt Klopp away, he's turned it round and is topping the group.

EDIT: 10 man Arsenal really on the ropes here! And they are through, but slipped to 2nd place. Some good teams. Topping their groups too.

galvatron -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 9:42:20 PM)

Arsenal can only get: PSG, Athletico, Real, Bayern or Barca... as Chelsea, United and City won the other groups. Who would you rather face?!?!?!

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 10:59:04 PM)

Draw on Monday? I think I'd actually take PSG from that bunch. But there's no winning ticket really is there?

Dirk Miggler -> RE: European football (11/12/2013 11:31:02 PM)

I will inject some positivity for the Arsenal supporters on here. I would put every possible draw except Bayern at around 50/50 give or take. I've watched Barca and Real quite a bit this season so far and defensively they are both poor. Real have struggled against some of the top sides and have lost a couple and obviously Barca minus Messi just isn't the same Barca so hopefully he will still be injured if they do meet but yeah I think they will be hoping for PSG although that certainly won't be a cakewalk.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (12/12/2013 7:29:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

I think they will be hoping for PSG although that certainly won't be a cakewalk.

From what I've seen of PSG this season, they really wont be. Ibra's in the form of his life at the moment.

No matter who they get, they'll be second favourites.

matty_b -> RE: European football (16/12/2013 11:46:20 AM)

Ooh, some tasty ties there...

Manchester City vs Barcelona
Olympiacos vs Manchester United
Milan vs Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen vs Paris Saint-Germain
Galatasaray vs Chelsea
Schalke vs Real Madrid
Zenit vs Dortmund
Arsenal vs Bayern

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (16/12/2013 12:13:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Ooh, some tasty ties there...

Manchester City vs Barcelona
Olympiacos vs Manchester United
Milan vs Atletico Madrid
Bayer Leverkusen vs Paris Saint-Germain
Galatasaray vs Chelsea
Schalke vs Real Madrid
Zenit vs Dortmund
Arsenal vs Bayern

Barca will be hoping that Messi is fit, because City could well be getting stronger and stronger by then. Very much the tie of the round.

United, Atletico, PSG, Real and Dortmund should all win their ties.

Drogba's return to Chelsea will be interesting.

And poor old Arsenal, looks like that game against Napoli is really costing them. A loss in the CL, thrashed by City, probably the toughest draw in the CL and that next game against Chelsea looks all important to stop their season looking as if it might fall apart already.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (5/1/2014 1:41:42 PM)

So it happened after all then...

Bugger off Bayern. [:@]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25605262

impqueen -> RE: European football (5/1/2014 1:49:26 PM)

Inevitable but still disappointing,

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (5/1/2014 2:36:53 PM)

^^^ what she said.

And RIP Eusebio. I've only ever seen footage of him, but damn he looked a mighty good player from everything I've seen that way or read.

Saltire -> RE: European football (5/1/2014 8:32:19 PM)

Yeah RIP Eusabio, one of the true greats.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (12/1/2014 9:40:17 PM)

Milan = [sm=18.gif]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (13/1/2014 12:08:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Milan = [sm=18.gif]

Very real prospect of them getting relegated, just have to see how Inzaghi (or whoever else takes charge now) can motivate them to stop being so shite. No wonder Super Mario has been putting it around that he'd like to be back in the PL.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (13/1/2014 9:11:37 PM)

Congrats to Ronaldo for the Ballon d'Or. Seemed to be the bridesmaid so often, but his performance in the WC qualifier alone deserves that.

Larry of Arabia -> RE: European football (14/1/2014 1:24:09 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GYHiVD8ao

A man can dream...

Dirk Miggler -> RE: European football (14/1/2014 11:39:33 AM)

Can't believe there were more players from Barcelona in team of the year than Bayern. Alves ? Xavi ? And what the hell is Ramos doing there ?????? Great players but best in the world in their respective positions last season ? Not so sure. No Schweinsteiger, Alaba, Boeteng, bit of a disgrace really.

I suppose you can't really argue with Ronaldo. Was never sure about Ribery I thought Robben had more influence in the bigger games.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (6/2/2014 9:54:33 AM)

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp wins the internet with photobombing ability
[image]http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/bftxxqtcuaaxt6o-large.jpg[/image]
[image]http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/klopp.jpg[/image]
link
[:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (18/2/2014 8:31:10 PM)

Not a bad half from City, keeping Barce at length and a couple of chances.

Meanwhile, Zlatan is destroying Leverkusen.

Scott_ -> RE: European football (18/2/2014 8:55:15 PM)

Oops. Bad luck (or defending) for Citeh.

superdan -> RE: European football (18/2/2014 8:59:40 PM)

Demichelis is fucking pony. If I were Joleon Lescott I'd be taking a long hard look at myself in the mirror and thinking "How bad must I be if that goon gets picked ahead of me?".

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: European football (18/2/2014 9:02:04 PM)

DiMichellis will rightly shoulder the majority of the blame, always better to be a goal down than a goal and a man down. But Navas surrendering possession by throwing himself on the floor also played a massive part in that run of play.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: European football (18/2/2014 9:51:24 PM)

Think Pellegrini got it all wrong tonight ,tactics, selection and this was as far from vintage Barca as your going to see. Very negative, far too much respect shown to a team with a poor record in England considering what they have achieved, and a disappointing game all round.

Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI