RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (24/9/2013 3:53:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Only just seen this...(ok, it's not European)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24029055

[:D]

He's gone and done a double save for a Serie D team. You have to wonder how he's not in the goal with those skills [:D]

I was thinking the same thing. And he runs as fast as fuck, not even their striker could catch him [:D]

"Aye, och, hellooo. I'm David Moyes, though I sound a tinsy bit like Billy Connelly. Would ye... hahahahahha... would ye come and physio for us like. We've got a wee problem at the back end here. And if you think that's a bit rude the hahahahaha you've not been watching my standup, have you. But, you know, we've a wee problem at the back, so could you come over here like, aye".

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (1/10/2013 7:09:44 PM)

I'm hoping for a good game between Arsenal and Napoli tonight, but something tells me that a draw might suit both teams.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (1/10/2013 7:56:05 PM)

What's the betting on Barce possession tonight >85% ?

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (1/10/2013 8:35:35 PM)

Almost fell asleep watching that 1st half at Darkheid.

Barca once again proving how dysfunctional they appear without Lionel.

directorscut -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 7:56:39 PM)

This could be a long, long night for City.

They just don't belong in the CL.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 7:56:50 PM)

Interesting comparing the performances of Fraser Forster last night and Joe Hart so far tonight.

directorscut -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 8:13:37 PM)

Yaya Toure is so overrated. Yeah he can make an impact against mickey mouse PL sides, but against top class European opposition it's bloody obvious why Barca were happy to sell him.

Skiba -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 9:08:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Yaya Toure is so overrated. Yeah he can make an impact against mickey mouse PL sides, but against top class European opposition it's bloody obvious why Barca were happy to sell him.

Toure looks like a lost little boy against Schweinsteiger and Kroos

directorscut -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 9:36:26 PM)

He's an oil oligarch's Fellaini.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 9:59:38 PM)

Plastic United fans throwing their toys out the pram on BBC's live text.
A point away to Shakhtar Donetsk is a decent result in my opinion.

Bad night for City.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 10:08:00 PM)

Despite Shakhtar losing so many players, I still thought they'd beat Utd. So a point is a good result. But the deficiencies in Utd become more obvious by the match.

Didn't see the City game. Bayern are good. But Pellegrini's has to get them out of the group stages.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (2/10/2013 10:20:17 PM)

Couldn't believe how many Brazilians Shakhtar have.Like watching Brazil-B and,arguably,they're just as good,even if they're missing a killer edge.

I really thought City would give Bayern a strong test today but Bayern were just on fire.
So,City have it all to do,but they have the squad and talent to do so.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (3/10/2013 8:50:29 AM)

Saw some of the Bayern game this AM.

I think a lot of Utd fans were hopeful that Fergie's successor would have been Pep. Obviously that wasn't too be. But we can really see why not. Why would the master tactician of the mobile midfield have joined a club that simply hardly seems to have one.

superdan -> RE: European football (3/10/2013 12:28:24 PM)

quote:

Didn't see the City game. Bayern are good. But Pellegrini's has to get them out of the group stages.

Given City's CL history, his chances may not be good [:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (3/10/2013 12:45:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Given City's CL history, his chances may not be good [:D]

Presumably their next two games are back to backs against CSKA. So I expect this is where the qualification will happen. After the next two rounds, Bayern should have qualified already.

I had attributed City's poor performances in the CL to Mancini. I really expected more from Pellegrini that sending out a 4-4-2 against Pep. I think Bayern were so good they'd have won any way up, but that was literally suicidal!

directorscut -> RE: European football (3/10/2013 8:42:20 PM)

The ref in the Swansea match is absolute joke. Michu gets kung-fu kicked in the head in the box and gets a cut the size of a horseshoe and the ref gives nothing. Michu is then forced to sit out of the game for over five minutes and the ref books him because he argued with the ref for not letting him on!

horribleives -> RE: European football (3/10/2013 11:18:51 PM)

Booking Dyer for getting fouled and then shoulder barged after the ref blew was barmy too.

directorscut -> RE: European football (4/10/2013 5:29:25 AM)

I think it's safe to say he won't be officiating any Champion's League finals any time soon.

Scott_ -> RE: European football (7/10/2013 3:08:39 PM)

7 wins out of 7 for Roma, very impressive especially after last season where they may have been the worse defensive unit I've ever seen and Gervinho is looking like one of the best signings of the season, which is weird to write. [:D]

Also, Francesco Totti. 37 and he is still the tits, he probably would have won everything possible in the game if he wasn't so loyal to Roma.

galvatron -> RE: European football (7/10/2013 4:26:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

7 wins out of 7 for Roma, very impressive especially after last season where they may have been the worse defensive unit I've ever seen and Gervinho is looking like one of the best signings of the season, which is weird to write. [:D]

Also, Francesco Totti. 37 and he is still the tits, he probably would have won everything possible in the game if he wasn't so loyal to Roma.

Totti has 3 goals and 6 assists. in 7 games. Utter legend.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (7/10/2013 4:47:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

quote:

Totti has 3 goals and 6 assists. in 7 games. Utter legend.

I think the year he came to the PL, Gervinho was my first Fantasy Football signing. I was convinced that he'd be burying the ball in the net every game. So, maybe when we look back his time in the PL / at Arsenal might just be a blip where he never got going and it never worked out.

Totti is like the Terminator, he just keeps going and is scary.

Olaf -> RE: European football (7/10/2013 4:51:03 PM)

Roma are probably the most likeable team in the league, though I liked them more when Zeman was managing them. In my dreams, the FAI makes him the next Ireland manager for laughs.

also, it's quite surreal to see how well Gervinho is doing. Seems like a league that's better suited to his style of play, I think.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (7/10/2013 5:03:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Roma are probably the most likeable team in the league, though I liked them more when Zeman was managing them. In my dreams, the FAI makes him the next Ireland manager for laughs.

also, it's quite surreal to see how well Gervinho is doing. Seems like a league that's better suited to his style of play, I think.

I think the media in general like to be able to pigeon-hole a player as good or bad. But I kind of think that most players have had poor seasons, or have made moves that didn't work out. I guess particularly if you change league and country are you going to settle in there, adapt to a style of play at a new team, get on with the manger and team mates. And so much of football is kind of around form and confidence that once the goals aren't going in, or the mistakes in goal are happening, etc. then it does sometimes look like things spiral.

There are surely many examples, but the best I can think of at the moment is Forlan. Always put in 100% for Utd, but it just never worked with 10 goals in 63 appearances. Moves to Villareal and ups that to 54 in 106. Then goes to Atletico for 4 years and returns 74 in 134. I think he might have also got the Golden Boot a couple of times.

Olaf -> RE: European football (7/10/2013 5:41:51 PM)

The confidence thing is what Wenger cited specifically when asked about selling Gervinho, incidentally - he definitely struck me as a very fragile kind of guy psychologically, and there always seemed to be another setback just as he was finding a good run of form. The manager is a factor too, Wenger wasn't able to help him find consistency for whatever reason but Garcia was his coach at Lille as well, which seems to have helped.

Arsenal have had more than a few of those kind of players. Carlos Vela is another one that comes to mind, had a brilliant season for Real Sociedad last year (there was even talk of us buying him back, funnily enough).

Skiba -> RE: European football (23/10/2013 8:25:03 PM)

19min hattrick for Zlatan!

James2183 -> RE: European football (23/10/2013 8:56:05 PM)

Unbelievable hit

[image]http://i.imgur.com/im1NpZg.gif[/image]

Scott_ -> RE: European football (23/10/2013 9:03:41 PM)

So overrated that Zlatan...

Saltire -> RE: European football (23/10/2013 11:18:22 PM)

Strike of the season already? Man what a player he is when in the mood.

directorscut -> RE: European football (24/10/2013 12:17:53 AM)

quote:

So overrated that Zlatan...

[:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (5/11/2013 8:13:11 PM)

How on fire is Aguero right now?

Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI