RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:36:42 PM)

Great game, the best final in years. Pity Bayern won it.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:37:13 PM)

Boxing World Championship fights are usually more rounds than normal fights. I wish some football finals were like this and we had 120 minutes.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:47:55 PM)

No wonder they're nicknamed FC Hollywood the acting on show was top class.[8|]

MOTH -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:53:25 PM)

good game, good game.
was rooting for dortmund, but their defence was just too ropey and Bayern deserved the win. Also I only found out today that Heynckes is the third highest goalscorer in Bundesliga history - I felt bad for not knowing that before, so I'm glad for him that he won.

As for RTe, i enjoyed George Hamilton's 'saving face' pun when Robben hit Wiedenfeller in the face with the ball.

Edit: Dunphy getting stuck into Bayern and various players now for being poor.[:D]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:59:55 PM)

Heynckes has won the european cup twice and at both times he's been sacked/booted out.

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:03:54 PM)

Eamonn Dunphy (who's been slagging off Bayern and the match for the past 30 minutes) : "Wayne Rooney would improve them [Bayern] enormously." [sm=happy07.gif]

MOTH -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:06:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Eamonn Dunphy (who's been slagging off Bayern and the match for the past 30 minutes) : "Wayne Rooney would improve them [Bayern] enormously." [sm=happy07.gif]

he'll be some craic in Lillie's Bordello tonight (although it sounds like's he been there already!)

I see he's progressed to slagging off Brazil, David Luiz (fair enough) and the general state of world football. Glass half empty tonight.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:08:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

If he's not good enough to play the QF, how can he be good enough for the Final [:D]

galvatron -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:12:48 PM)

The better team won but I would've loved to have seen Dortmund do it. The last 30 minutes Dortmund looked knackered and less threatening. Perhaps a sign they lacked debth on the bench to change it up. The first half they looked very dangerous and Reus was tearing around. Bayern were solid throughout and had penetration but I still think Robben is a dick and he fluffed some great chances again!

Was the foul for the penalty worthy of a 2nd yellow for Dante? Some talk of the ref bottling that decision.

superdan -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:28:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Was the foul for the penalty worthy of a 2nd yellow for Dante? Some talk of the ref bottling that decision.

I was astounded he wasn't shown a yellow for that. There is no doubt in my mind that if he hadn't already been booked the referee would have carded him.

Anyway, disappointing that the Borg won, but it was an entertaining game. Hopefully Dortmund will be able to cope with the vultures picking at their team and continue to build on their successes this season.

galvatron -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:33:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I was astounded he wasn't shown a yellow for that. There is no doubt in my mind that if he hadn't already been booked the referee would have carded him.

Anyway, disappointing that the Borg won, but it was an entertaining game. Hopefully Dortmund will be able to cope with the vultures picking at their team and continue to build on their successes this season.

I'm feeling sad that some of these players like Gotze and Gundogan are gonna end up sitting on the bench for teams with mega money most of next season. I know Gotze will play a fair bit but he'll now be fighting with Kroos and Muller whereas he's number 1 in Dortmund. Sad.

Saltire -> RE: European football (26/5/2013 9:55:22 PM)

Felt a bit down when the final whistle went as I wanted Dortmund to do it for romance, but you have to be honest and say Bayern have looked the best team in Europe since day 1 this season and have deserved to win it after reaching their third final in four years. Going for the treble next week, surely they'll do that and only get stronger when Guardiola comes in next year. They could seriously be the first team to retain the CL in May '14...

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (27/5/2013 9:39:09 AM)

quote:

I'm feeling sad that some of these players like Gotze and Gundogan are gonna end up sitting on the bench for teams with mega money most of next season. I know Gotze will play a fair bit but he'll now be fighting with Kroos and Muller whereas he's number 1 in Dortmund. Sad.

Don't forget that it sounds like Lewandowski is gone to Bayern too. Fair dues to Klopp who seems resigned to building a team for the 2015 CL. I just wonder if another one or two will also leave before the transfer window shuts.

galvatron -> RE: European football (25/6/2013 11:12:55 PM)

So Juve sign Tevez. That'll give them a brilliant strike force of Llorente and Tevez, a classic big man, little man combo and both fantastic players too boot. Cost them 7.6 million for them both, less than the cost of Andy Caroll!

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/6/2013 11:28:33 PM)

quote:

So Juve sign Tevez. That'll give them a brilliant strike force of Llorente and Tevez, a classic big man, little man combo and both fantastic players too boot. Cost them 7.6 million for them both, less than the cost of Andy Caroll!

Tevez is 10M according to been. But don't believe there is not an awful lot more money going to agents in these deals.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (17/7/2013 8:21:18 PM)

How can I not even have thought of taking a summer holiday yet, but the Champions League has started?

Ultimo Lee -> RE: European football (19/7/2013 5:28:47 PM)

Barcelona have called a press conference for 8.30. The rumour is Vilanova has resigned due to a relapse or second tumour.

In other news, life sucks. [&o]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (19/7/2013 7:25:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ultimo Lee

Barcelona have called a press conference for 8.30. The rumour is Vilanova has resigned due to a relapse or second tumour.

That is very sad. I'll continue to hold out hope that he is in full health and its a press conference to announce that Messi is joining PSG for 215M

galvatron -> RE: European football (19/7/2013 8:08:36 PM)

The right move for me, Vilanova needs to get himself back to full health and he can't commit to the job. Hope he makes a speedy recovery!

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: European football (19/7/2013 8:20:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ultimo Lee

Wouldn't it be a third tumour? Wasn't his last bout with cancer earlier this season the second time he's suffered? Poor bloke, definitely best to concentrate on getting better (if this is a possibility) and if not at least concentrate on his personal life and family etc.

Saltire -> RE: European football (19/7/2013 10:14:07 PM)

Aye I believe its the third time for him. Sorry to hear that about Tito, he held himself with great humility and dignity throughout all this, I wish him well on his recovery.

Barca should go for Heynckes or mad-as-a-hatter Bielsa over promoting within this time imo.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (22/7/2013 4:30:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Aye I believe its the third time for him. Sorry to hear that about Tito, he held himself with great humility and dignity throughout all this, I wish him well on his recovery.

Barca should go for Heynckes or mad-as-a-hatter Bielsa over promoting within this time imo.

Looks like it'll be Hiddink with the timing of his resignation from Anzhi. Can't see him selling Fabregas to Utd either [:D]

shool -> RE: European football (22/7/2013 4:41:21 PM)

I was hoping for Laudrup

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (22/7/2013 4:48:09 PM)

Personally I can see Barca going for a professional low-key managerial acquisition. Former Newell's Old Boys coach,Gerardo Martino, is one of the favorites.

Saltire -> RE: European football (22/7/2013 6:13:57 PM)

Yeah I can't see Barca going in for Hiddink personally. Not saying he couldn't do the job mind.

shool -> RE: European football (23/7/2013 1:51:34 PM)

So Barca have announced Gerardo Martino as their new manager.

Lionel Messi will be most happy.

galvatron -> RE: European football (18/8/2013 6:53:41 PM)

Barca 6 - 0 up at half time. Any point in playing the 2nd half?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (18/8/2013 6:58:31 PM)

Give it time and La Liga is going to be viewed as the more flashier version of the SPL,if it isn't already[8|]

Saltire -> RE: European football (19/8/2013 2:29:58 AM)

Madrid struggled to break down Betis and left it till five mins left to get the win, some of the midtable clubs have chances against the big two, its whether they can take them then keep Barca/Real out for the rest of the game.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (19/8/2013 9:58:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Give it time and La Liga is going to be viewed as the more flashier version of the SPL,if it isn't already[8|]

But, most leagues in Europe have a clear top 2 or 3, with others trailing.

As an armchair fan, its why at this stage I'd happily watch a breakaway league of the top teams in Europe. I actually think that could also make the domestic leagues closer and hence more interesting.

I watched the 2nd half of the Madrid game, beautifully timed header by Isco. It took them all game to chip away at Betis and finally break them down. Ancelotti will be grateful they got the win, but I can still she him wondering if Real need something more up front.

Did Neymar play for Barca?

Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.765625E-02