RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 11:44:53 AM)

Are the CL teams who finish third in the group still going to go into the Europa? I'd like to see that practise ended to be honest.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 2:10:15 PM)

Fort Boyard to play in WC!

Well maybe not quite yet, but Gibraltar will be in the 2016 Euros. In a move that is sure to please the Spanish [:D]

Best comment ever on BBC: "Teams like San Marino, Gibraltar, Liechenstein, Scotland and Andorra should have their own championship - like the minor counties of cricket. Keep out of the way of the big teams" [sm=happy07.gif]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 3:44:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Good news on the Europa League winners being given entry into the Champions League.
My only negative is that it should be both finalists, with the winners straight into the group stages.

Now they just need to sort the format out and it might actually be a competition you can setup to win while competing domestically.
Great news for the chasing pack who now have a better chance of breaking the top four via targeting this trophy as a way into the other teams earning bracket.

Wonder if a couple of the teams who turned down the fair play entry will think again if this is confirmed today?

UEFA in sensible move shocker!

Won't worry anyone next year, it only comes in from 2015.

I've not read the details, does this mean that the PL could have 5 participants in the CL (first 4 and EL winner if we had one)?

Yup indeedy.

James2183 -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 4:11:42 PM)

All they need to do now is drop the teams that have come from being 3rd in Champions League and we have a decent competition.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 4:26:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

All they need to do now is drop the teams that have come from being 3rd in Champions League and we have a decent competition.

and sort out the shit group phase to groups of 4.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 4:38:44 PM)

Decent idea to revert back to making the Europa Champions have a placement back into the CL,but EL still doesn't have much interest for me up until the final.
Also,If they knock off the million or so participants in the EL then it might just grab my attention.I mean 12 (A-L) groups is abit ott for my liking.

Skiba -> RE: European football (24/5/2013 6:41:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

and sort out the shit group phase to groups of 4.

They did that this season you numpty![:D]

Back to a knockout comp I say. But that'll never happen.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:20:13 AM)

I think everyone I've talked to want a Dortmund win,so on that basis I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern Muller ([sm=whistle.gif]) them.

edit:
It'll be interesting to see how both teams deal with the pressure.
Bayern because they're favorites and Dortmund because this could could be one of the few times they'll be in this situation.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 10:25:53 AM)

I don't care who wins, but I do want the following to happen:

- A shot cutting to JT putting on the winning team's shirt just before the whistle
- Some cheeky Scouse kid tries to lift the cup and Klopp cuffs him round the ear, Clough-like
- The Dortmund fans unfold a mosaic in their supporters area saying "corporate sponsors are wankers"
- Platini says that after deciding to hold the Euro Championships across Europe, they will hold next year's final outside a stadium and it'll be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YePFGhCC7ro
- Adrian Chiles gets fired on air for saying "Ze Germans" and doing Basil Fawlty's walk

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 7:02:19 PM)

I have a feeling Bayern are going to do it.

And by "it" I mean screw up again and Dortmund will win!

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 7:50:13 PM)

Never heard Wembley this loud before.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:00:20 PM)

Mental pace. Its making me drink too fast.

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:10:35 PM)

RTE commentary regarding Dortmund fans jumping: "If they came from a little more east you could call them "Bouncing Czechs." [sm=34.gif]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:12:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

RTE commentary regarding Dortmund fans jumping: "If they came from a little more east you could call them "Bouncing Czechs." [sm=34.gif]

2nd time I've had cause to try to use RTE Player. 2nd Failure. This time a complete failure. So streaming it is okay right? Cos I'm paying for it really, its just that RTE is crap.

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:16:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

2nd time I've had cause to try to use RTE Player. 2nd Failure. This time a complete failure. So streaming it is okay right? Cos I'm paying for it really, its just that RTE is crap.

Are you outside Ireland? I'm pretty sure it only "works" inside Ireland. And then it crumbles under any relatively popular program because of low bandwidth.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:17:58 PM)

I'm about 15 miles from RTE central [:D]

The last time I tried it was understandable, Katie's gold medal fight and it kept freezing, but imagine how many like me were at work tuning in to that. This time just didn't want to play at all.

My nephew is going to bed now so I can get my iPad back and hope it will work on that in time for half time [:D]

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:30:07 PM)

There have been three clear examples in this first half as to why Robben will never be World Class - terrible decision making.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:33:46 PM)

I thought that was a great 1st half. Dortmund will be trying to keep that work rate high.

Its going to be interesting to see if Pep adopts to the Bundesliga or the Bundesliga adopts to Pep.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:39:41 PM)

quote:

There have been three clear examples in this first half as to why Robben will never be World Class - terrible decision making.

And yet he's been Bayerns best player.

Overall a very enjoyable half.

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:41:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Neuer has been Bayern's best player by miles.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 8:48:27 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Neuer has been Bayern's best player by miles.

To be fair both GK have had great first halfs but Robben,for all his selfishness,has been Bayerns main danger man.
Gundogan, Reus, Piszczek, Lewandowski, Mueller,Lahm are also the other standouts while Bayern are slowly but surely getting a stronger grip on the game.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:02:55 PM)

You've got to fancy that's the end of that.

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:09:19 PM)

The end of what? [:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:10:07 PM)

The end of the 0-0 before it became 1-1 [:D]

EDIT: Cracking pen btw

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:13:48 PM)

Greatest goal-line clearance of all time!

Scott_ -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:13:56 PM)

Subotic!

Game is awesome.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:14:37 PM)

quote:

Greatest goal-line clearance of all time!

+1

(JT in the Euros notwithstanding [;)])

Scott_ -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:30:43 PM)

quote:

Your fault. He heard you.

directorscut -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:31:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Your fault. He heard you.

He's still not World Class.

The Andy Cole of Holland.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (25/5/2013 9:32:22 PM)

That's upset me more than I thought. I was really pulling for Klopp. But well done Brian.

Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI