RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Saltire -> RE: European football (3/9/2012 1:22:47 AM)

Dunno but it will get sorted out soon I'm sure, he's their most valuable asset.

Scott_ -> RE: European football (3/9/2012 12:34:54 PM)

Francesco Totti [sm=worship.gif]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (3/9/2012 4:54:40 PM)

You'd think Ronaldo's ego would fit in perfectly at Madrid.[8|]

JessFranco -> RE: European football (4/9/2012 6:10:32 PM)

He just wants more money, which Real will probably give him.

Surprised to find out he earns less than Dario "zero caps for Argentina" Conca at the moment, let alone Yaya Toure, Zlatan, etc.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (4/9/2012 6:29:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JessFranco

Surprised to find out he earns less than Dario "zero caps for Argentina" Conca at the moment, let alone Yaya Toure, Zlatan, etc.

What? He earns less than Barca reject Yaya Toure? And Ibrahimovic? He's way better than the both of them put together! If thats true its quite something.

I've a feeling it could be one of two things:
1) contract
2) not enough support from Madrid, he's probably 'sad' because he feel's Madrid didn't do enough
to help him win the UEFA award. That and their favouritism towards Casillas over him.

Of course all that could be bollocks!

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (4/9/2012 6:38:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

What? He earns less than Barca reject Yaya Toure? And Ibrahimovic? He's way better than the both of them put together! If thats true its quite something.

I've a feeling it could be one of two things:
1) contract
2) not enough support from Madrid, he's probably 'sad' because he feel's Madrid didn't do enough
to help him win the UEFA award. That and their favouritism towards Casillas over him.

Of course all that could be bollocks!

But you also need to understand the clubs they play for and how many billions there owners have thrown into the clubs.
Obviously Madrid arnt exactly paupers but they have less freedom financially compared City, PSG, Zenit and now some of the Asian teams.

I think we all know how this will pan-out,Ronaldo will be given the contract that he wants,irrespective of the Spanish Tax guidelines coming in,and he'll sign on the dot.
Culminating from 'Sad' to 'Happy'.[:D]

JessFranco -> RE: European football (4/9/2012 7:54:18 PM)

Yep, Madrid are still hugely in debt but i'm fairly sure they'll come up with the cash to give him what he wants. This gives an interesting insight into where the money in football lies at the moment:

[image]http://getfootballnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/PAIDDDD.jpg[/image]

I'd argue that Toure's probably worth it, tbh.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (4/9/2012 9:27:26 PM)

My god! 20 million a year for Eto'o?!! [sm=ohmy.gif]

Football has gone MAD! Its absolutely ridiculous![sm=sad.gif]

Saltire -> RE: European football (4/9/2012 11:37:28 PM)

Yeah that works out around £350k a week which was reported. I believe Ronaldo and Messi (I heard he's on around £540k/week) are probably the best paid overall once personal sponsers and add-on's come into it, but for club salary's alone that seems to be pretty accurate according to numerous reports.

Harry Lime -> RE: European football (5/9/2012 8:00:57 PM)

quote:

I'd agree Jess. Less dazzling than Messi and Ronaldo but just as crucial to his club. At this moment in time, he's comfortably the best player in the Premiership, in my opinion.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 6:38:25 PM)

[image]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/534354749/Aqpy75yCAAARVWk.jpg[/image]
[:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 6:47:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

quote:

I'd agree Jess. Less dazzling than Messi and Ronaldo but just as crucial to his club. At this moment in time, he's comfortably the best player in the Premiership, in my opinion.

Oh come on Harry! He is a good player, but best in the Prem? I think Scholes has had far more of a impact for United this season, (and I don't say it 'cos i'm a United supporter). But theres been better players than him. Cazorla anyone?

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 6:49:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

[image]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/534354749/Aqpy75yCAAARVWk.jpg[/image]
[:D]

Ha ha! Good one! Look at Busquets over there - god he's a great diver. My money's on him!

Rinc -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 10:43:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh come on Harry! He is a good player, but best in the Prem? I think Scholes has had far more of a impact for United this season, (and I don't say it 'cos i'm a United supporter). But theres been better players than him. Cazorla anyone?

I'd agree with Harry. Over the last 18 months (not just the few games of this season), Toure has been the most influential player. And I'd say he's had more impact than Scholes this season too.

Olaf -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 10:53:36 PM)

the only correct answer to this question -

[image]http://e1.365dm.com/12/08/504x378/Santi-Cazorla_2814399.jpg[/image]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 10:58:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Cazorla has been terrific for Arsenal. And judging by THIS season so far, i'd place him as a far more influential player than Toure.

directorscut -> RE: European football (15/9/2012 10:59:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

[image]http://arsenalcolumn.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Mikel-Arteta-Sunderland.jpg[/image]

This one will be particularly galling for Harry I'm sure.

Saltire -> RE: European football (16/9/2012 12:25:01 AM)

Barca won away at Getafe in a 4 - 1 win, Villa coming on late and scoring too, really pleased for him, didn't moan about his injury last year, just recovered, trained hard and has started scoring again, class guy - meanwhile Ronaldo...

Real Madrid were awful tonight, though thats being harsh on Sevilla who were right up for the match tonight and fully deserved their win. Mourinho's team better get going by Tuesday if they want a result against Man City.

Harry Lime -> RE: European football (16/9/2012 8:20:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd agree with Harry. Over the last 18 months (not just the few games of this season), Toure has been the most influential player. And I'd say he's had more impact than Scholes this season too.

[sm=happy34.gif]

I'm not denigrating Scholes in any way. The man is a class act, pure and simple, and, at 37, still out-performs players a decade younger and supposedly at their peak.

However, like Rinc says, over the last year or so, it is Touré who has been the engine that has propelled Manchester City from a team of cash-rich bridesmaids to league champions. He's the driving force behind the showy flair players in front of him and, more crucially, he doesn't go missing in the big games. In fact, he actually raises his standard even higher; scoring vital goals by surging from deep (for example the FA Cup Semi-Final and Final in 2011). Just look at how City's form slumped whilst Touré was playing in the ACN earlier in the year (including a 3-2 loss to Utd in the FA Cup) and how instrumental he was as they relentlessly chipped away at their rival's eight point lead; summoning a MoM performance in a 1-0 victory over their rivals at the Etihad and a brace in the crucial 2-0 victory over Newcastle in the penultimate match of the season. Silva, Aguerro, Tevez, Ballotelli. They are all great players but they can drift out of games or can be somewhat enigmatic. Touré, on the other hand, is a constant. Powerful, skillful and the tick that makes Manchester City tock.

In regards to Carzola, he has impressed so far for sure. I definitely like the look of the lad. But it is only four games! If he is still producing the goods towards the end of the season (having endured the British winter and bruising trips to Stoke) and if Arsenal genuinely look in contention for silverware, then I will be perfectly happy to re-evaluate my position!

As for Mikel Arteta, DC, I don't find it galling at all. I still love the dapper little Spaniard and his perfect, immovable hair! I'm pleased he is doing the business for the Gunners. He gave great service at Goodison and was sad to see him go, but I was pleased a club like Arsenal picked him up. I love the way he plays football.

directorscut -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 5:08:55 PM)

Hmm. Should I watch Real Madrid vs. Manchester City or Montpellier vs. Arsenal? [sm=33.gif]

Decisions. Decisions.

Olaf -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 5:41:58 PM)

Is there any terrestrial station showing the Arsenal match? 3E maybe? (I miss the good old days of ITV4 showing an extra match.)

directorscut -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 5:46:22 PM)

Setanta Ireland are.

I miss the days of RTE having a game for each day. Cheap bastards. What am I paying my license fee for?

Saltire -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 6:32:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Hmm. Should I watch Real Madrid vs. Manchester City or Montpellier vs. Arsenal? [sm=33.gif]

Decisions. Decisions.

Unless your an Arsenal fan, there's only one match to watch tonight and thats the one at the Berna-bay-oooooooooooo! [8D]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 6:35:13 PM)

I hear Madrids form lately has been abit iffy.
And if thats the case I can really see a City win tonight.

directorscut -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 6:50:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I hear Madrids form lately has been abit iffy.
And if thats the case I can really see a City win tonight.

Fact: Madrid have never lost an opening home game to a European campaign.

Scott_ -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 6:56:45 PM)

Fact: Roberto Mancini is hopeless in the Champions League.

directorscut -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 9:32:18 PM)

LOLZ.

Scott_ -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 9:34:02 PM)

Crazy game. Fucking awesome though. [:D]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 9:38:14 PM)

What a match.
Great start to CL footie.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (18/9/2012 9:38:27 PM)

Lol@ City![:D]

It had to be Ronaldo didn't it?!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI