RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 9:38:15 PM)

That was a pleasure to watch. An absolute pleasure. Seeing Barca getting destroyed by the might Bayern was a joy to watch! [:D]

Say what you will but this tie is over.

Bayern for the CL.[sm=happy34.gif]

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 9:39:41 PM)

Tie over. No coming back from that.

Bayern thoroughly merited that & in fairness have been doing that to the rest of the Bundesliga all season. However the officials played their part in killing the tie.

Even though they're romping la liga, Barca need rejuvenating - especially at the back.

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

It really is hard to escape the conclusion that if Messi isn't in the game, neither are Barca.

Unlike a few years back, they've now descended into a one man team. No presence up front since Eto'o/Ibra is instrumental in this occurring.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 9:43:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Bayern thoroughly merited that & in fairness have been doing that to the rest of the Bundesliga all season. However the officials played their part in killing the tie.

Even though they're romping la liga, Barca need rejuvenating - especially at the back.

quote:

It really is hard to escape the conclusion that if Messi isn't in the game, neither are Barca.

Unlike a few years back, they've now descended into a one man team. No presence up front since Eto'o/Ibra is instrumental in this occurring.

Yep.Surely Barca will sign a top forward in the summer.They cant keep relying on Messi,as shown today I dont think its good on the player and/or his teammates.

directorscut -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 9:47:59 PM)

Hands off Giroud.

Rinc -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 9:51:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

They need to buy a striker, a centre back and a midfield destroyer.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 9:59:14 PM)

One thing I and many others are bemused about is Barcelona subs.Why did it take so so long for Vilanova to bring on Villa?
Messi was clearly struggling and should arguably not been involved/playing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Hands off Giroud.

Oh,I dont know.Barca have a great record in signing Arsenal players.[:D]
Good Arsenal players ,mind.[sm=whistle.gif]

Dirk Miggler -> RE: European football (23/4/2013 11:14:10 PM)

Barcelona seem to have become a victim of their own success, what made them so strong is now making them weak and predictable. I get that they are walking La Liga but a lot of that is down to Real's poor early season form. Mourinho seems to have their number of late and now it seems the top European clubs are following suit, Bayern made it look like men v boys tonight, fantastic performance !!

Is this the death of tiki taka ?

MOTH -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 10:22:09 AM)

That's a defeat that has been coming for a while for Barca. The number of chances they cough up in games, even against weak teams, was always going to mean that they could get punished against a strong team. Madrid did something similar earlier in the year and Bayern are far, far too good to spurn those chances.
Some mitigating circumstances for Barca, but just shows that for all the praise their attacking football got under Guardiola, it was based upon a rather underrated defensive solidity, which is now clearly dysfunctional.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 7:54:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

That's a defeat that has been coming for a while for Barca. The number of chances they cough up in games, even against weak teams, was always going to mean that they could get punished against a strong team. Madrid did something similar earlier in the year and Bayern are far, far too good to spurn those chances.
Some mitigating circumstances for Barca, but just shows that for all the praise their attacking football got under Guardiola, it was based upon a rather underrated defensive solidity, which is now clearly dysfunctional.

Yep, there's only so long you can try and kid yourself on that Puyol will get back to his best, or the likes of Maschereno can be an adequate replacement.

In other news, MON THE DORTMUND! [:D]

Wont be the last goal tonight I suspect - for either side.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 7:54:18 PM)

Dortmund leading

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 8:32:45 PM)

HT Dortmund 1 Real Madrid 1

Madrid have got the vital away goal.
I haven't been overly impressed by either team at the moment.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 8:58:40 PM)

WOW what a goal.

directorscut -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 8:58:58 PM)

Lewandowski hat-trick. [sm=worship.gif]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:09:32 PM)

Dortmund penalty[:D]

edit: Make that 4[:D]

directorscut -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:10:03 PM)

Germany wiping the floor with Spain again!

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:10:33 PM)

[:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:11:58 PM)

Wow!

Fergie, sign him up!

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:14:46 PM)

Take nothing away from Bayern last night but Dortmund have so much more to admire from a footballing perspective.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:15:15 PM)

Are you watching Cakir Cuneyt?!

MOTH -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:16:34 PM)

A few lovely Polish-ed finishes there

directorscut -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:17:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Wow!

Fergie, sign him up!

Why would he move to England and a team that can't get past the last 16?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:18:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MOTH

A few lovely Polish-ed finishes there

Bet Germany wished they signed him.[:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:19:22 PM)

Okay, you might say its still a tad early, but i'm calling it.

An all German final.

Now come on Dortmund, get another goal! Absolutely trounce the fuckers!

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:25:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

Wow!

Fergie, sign him up!

Oh i don't know about that. We might've if it weren't for that sending off. Also the fact that United have just won the title, that is definitely an attraction for any star player. And because we've shown interest in him for a while now. He's also shown an interest in us, but is watching at developments namely the whole Rooney issue before making a decision. Apparently.

emogeek -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 9:26:26 PM)

Don't think the Germans have been this ruthless in Europe since 1939...

boaby -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 10:35:00 PM)

8-1 to the Fatherland
8-1 to the Fatherland
8-1 to the Fatherland
8-1 to the Fatherland

Saltire -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 11:15:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow!

Fergie, sign him up!

Oh i don't know about that. We might've if it weren't for that sending off. Also the fact that United have just won the title, that is definitely an attraction for any star player. And because we've shown interest in him for a while now. He's also shown an interest in us, but is watching at developments namely the whole Rooney issue before making a decision. Apparently.

Lewandowski will only go to a club thats in the running to win the CL. Man Utd are miles off of doing that these days.

Saltire -> RE: European football (24/4/2013 11:17:31 PM)

Just a sensational performance from Dortmund tonight, I jokingly said to wind up a family member who likes Mourinho and Real that Dortmund would win 4 - 0, and in the end I wasn't far off lol! [:D] I'm glad they got that fourth goal though as even had Madrid got a second it could have made the tie very nippy in the second leg, but as it is, they held on for a three-goal lead and with a draw at the Bernabeu they are hopefully in to face their old foes Bayern in the final. Klopp is awesome, a great coach and very likeable and the players he has helped to bring through are just superb, they really deserve to get to the final, they have been the best team in the CL this year, though Bayern look the best in Europe atm.

As for last night Bayern were sensational, better in every department, passing, vision, speed, pressing, technique and hunger, they were really up for it and want this CL this year with a vengeance. With Gotze going to them next season too, this Bayern team could potentially win the next 3 CL's, they are that strong.

I said preseason Barca would not win the CL this season unless they sorted out their defense, which they have not done. Also going forward they looked tired and predictable, Messi just looked totally unfit and I don't think Vilanova is mentally sharp enough just now for a match of that significance with what he has been through recently. An overhaul is needed if they want to challenge once more from next season imo.

The tie isn't over, IF Barca play like they did against Milan in the second leg, Messi is fit and sharp AND Bayern switch off with the healthy lead they have like they did previously against Arsenal; but the chances of all that happening are virtually zero.

Skiba -> RE: European football (25/4/2013 8:58:09 AM)

Not sure if this true or not, but a mate said that Allardyce turned down the chance to sign Lewandowski for 4.5m when at Blackburn! His second and third goals were incredible...Dortmund are a just a really likeable team.

emogeek -> RE: European football (25/4/2013 10:15:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Not sure if this true or not, but a mate said that Allardyce turned down the chance to sign Lewandowski for 4.5m when at Blackburn!

That was mentioned on the BBC last night, although it was positioned more that Blackburn were pursuing him, but rather than Blackburn turning down the chance to sign him, he opted to join Dortmund.

Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI