RE: European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:40:11 AM)

Malaga's owners comments after last nights defeat:
@ANAALThani: Thank you very much for the team you have been Champions On the pitch. I'm sorry to go out this way injustice and racism.
Racism?[&:]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:44:32 AM)

Honestly I think there should be a fine* for crying racism when patently there isn't any. I think his grievance is that Dortmund were gifted an off-side goal to win the game, conveniently forgetting the case for "positive discrimination" that Malaga's 2nd goal was also off-side.

*Or just ban Malaga from European football next season [:D]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 10:06:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

*Or just ban Malaga from European football next season [:D]

Done![:D]

galvatron -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 12:17:43 PM)

What's the forum's thoughts on Dortmund winning the whole thing? They're only three games away from it. They've beat Real already this season and I feel they've got the kind of pace that could expose Barca's high defensive line. Reus in particular is lightening quick. They've also got experience of consistently beating Bayern (but not this season) I heard they didn't play well last night but as we saw last year with Chelsea...

matty_b -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 12:29:22 PM)

I don't know, it's as much about experience now as it is anything else.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 12:49:11 PM)

At this moment in time I still fancy Real Madrid to win it,even though they didn't play particularly well last night but if/when they needed a goal they got one,a relatively easy one to.

Big big game for Barca tonight.I can see PSG nicking a goal but whether there defense holds up is key,Ibrahimovic needs to turn up as well because he is a massive player for the french team.
Also,hopefully PSG dont play Beckham,not because I dont rate him because I do,but because he is got-at relatively easy for quicker players like Iniesta,Messi,Sanchez,Pedro snapping at his heels.PSG need a quicker,sharper thinker in the central areas.

MOTH -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 2:04:08 PM)

Dunno, really, at this stage it's rub of the green, an offside call, puff of wind from the gods, far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Mmmm, marvellous.

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 8:14:21 PM)

Barca are being very messi here.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 8:33:09 PM)

Barca haven't turned up yet,though PSG have played well.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 8:52:08 PM)

Oh my[:D]
PSG have got a goal.

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 8:52:38 PM)

40 million well spent. :-)

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 8:57:30 PM)

Messi warming up[:D]
Beckham warming up[:(]

There is going to be alot of play-acting now.

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:03:53 PM)

This "Fabregas" guy is nowhere near good enough for Barca.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:09:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

This "Fabregas" guy is nowhere near good enough for Barca.

He does look like a shadow of his former self.
Always found it a ,admirable,but ultimately odd signing.Strengthening in an area they didn't need.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:12:31 PM)

pedro!
1-1

1-0 to Bayern in Turin.

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:21:42 PM)

What a baby.

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:23:58 PM)

PSG waving the white flag now... Beckham coming on.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:25:55 PM)

I forgot Barca signed Song.[8|]

Nice tackle Beckham[sm=34.gif]

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:29:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm pretty sure they do as well.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:31:49 PM)

Beckhams booked...already.[sm=happy07.gif]

MOTH -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:32:00 PM)

Pique without Puyol reminds me of Phil Babb without Paul McGrath

directorscut -> RE: European football (10/4/2013 9:37:24 PM)

quote:

Beckhams booked...already.[sm=happy07.gif]

That shows his passion! #Becks4England.

Saltire -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 1:47:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

What's the forum's thoughts on Dortmund winning the whole thing? They're only three games away from it. They've beat Real already this season and I feel they've got the kind of pace that could expose Barca's high defensive line. Reus in particular is lightening quick. They've also got experience of consistently beating Bayern (but not this season) I heard they didn't play well last night but as we saw last year with Chelsea...

I think Dortmund would be the most deserved winner of the tournament due to the fact they are the only undefeated team still there. I don't mind whoever wins, except Real Madrid [;)]

Saltire -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 1:48:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

I'm pretty sure they do as well.

He played his best game for them against Mallorca the other night, he's done ok but I don't think he knows his place yet there.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 12:19:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

I think Dortmund would be the most deserved winner of the tournament due to the fact they are the only undefeated team still there. I don't mind whoever wins, except Real Madrid [;)]

I don't mind whoever wins, except Barcelona! [:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 12:53:04 PM)

I'd have no problems with any of the teams winning, imo they all play fine football.

Question. Is there much that Pep can achieve at Bayern? I think the obvious answer is win the CL again, after all its 12 years now since they did. But in all honesty, they should have won it last season and can win it this season. They have run away with the Bundesliga and also should have won it last year. With a team that is already excelling is this just the cherry on the top having Pep, or is there really a job there for him to do?

superdan -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 1:05:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty
Question. Is there much that Pep can achieve at Bayern? I think the obvious answer is win the CL again, after all its 12 years now since they did. But in all honesty, they should have won it last season and can win it this season. They have run away with the Bundesliga and also should have won it last year. With a team that is already excelling is this just the cherry on the top having Pep, or is there really a job there for him to do?

He'll obviously be required to keep the team successful, but I expect they'll also want him to develop the youth aspect of the club further as well. TBH though, it wouldn't have even come up if Juup wasn't retiring.

directorscut -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 9:14:57 PM)

Cracking game (BSL vs. Spuds) so far.

CL may be higher quality football, but I find EL games at this stage more exciting.

directorscut -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 9:45:24 PM)

Extra time. [sm=51.gif]

directorscut -> RE: European football (11/4/2013 10:38:38 PM)

Penalties!

Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI