European football (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Professor Moriarty -> European football (19/8/2012 6:30:52 PM)

Anyone else watch any Spanish, Italian, German, etc football. Or even pub-level MLS? (I know it's not in Europe)

Just watching Jose's Real and could see him doing back-to-back titles in La Liga

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (19/8/2012 6:54:44 PM)

I keep tabs on the Bundesliga - which kicks off again next Friday when Bremen visit the champions Dortmund.

Will be interesting to see how they adapt without Kagawa, Marco Reus is a good bit of business for them, although I wouldn't say he's a direct replacement as such. Kagawa more floats around the middle whilst Reus plays on the flanks.

Still feel they have the edge over Bayern, so I'm backing them to make it 3 in a row.

Olaf -> RE: European football (19/8/2012 7:26:04 PM)

Bundesliga and Eredivisie are the main two I care about (La Liga too, but this summer's farce has put a dampener on my excitement for the upcoming season). My pet team are Gladbach so the lack of Reus and Dante this season is a big concern, but De Jong should do a job and Xhaka looks handy (Favre knows a thing or two about decent Swiss players). Plus there's the possibility of European football, which would be nice. Dortmund are a joy to watch though, and I agree with Qwerty that they'll probably win it again this year.

Scott_ -> RE: European football (19/8/2012 9:55:23 PM)

I follow Serie A (Roma) and Bundesliga. Never a dull moment in Italian football. Plus Zdenek Zeman > Every other manager ever. Ok, maybe not but the man is cool as fuck.

Saltire -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 12:42:40 AM)

I watch La Liga and follow the drama's of the big two, though always had a soft spot for Bilbao and Atletico too.

Olaf -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 11:36:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I follow Serie A (Roma) and Bundesliga. Never a dull moment in Italian football. Plus Zdenek Zeman > Every other manager ever. Ok, maybe not but the man is cool as fuck.

So much this. It's good to see him back in Serie A (though I don't think he's allowed to smoke alas).

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 11:43:57 AM)

I've always had a soft spot for AS Roma,and that's mainly down to the C4 Italian football show with James Richardson and Peter Brackley as commentator.
Plus I enjoyed watching AS Roma.They were a team that were solid but attacked with flair,pace and power in the form of Totti,Batistuta,Delvechio,Montella,Fuser,Cafu and Candela.All at the peak of there abilities.

superdan -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 12:20:07 PM)

I only really catch the odd La Liga game nowadays. Growing up though I watched the Serie A coverage on 4 religiously. It was so different, so glamorous to the English game at the time, with the best teams and the best players. I've been something of an AC Milan fan ever since.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 12:33:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I only really catch the odd La Liga game nowadays. Growing up though I watched the Serie A coverage on 4 religiously. It was so different, so glamorous to the English game at the time, with the best teams and the best players. I've been something of an AC Milan fan ever since.

Yep,AC Milan were quality then.[:)]
Kaka,Seedorf,Gattuso,Stam,Maldini,Shevckenko those names litterally role off the tongue and I'm sure there are other great players I've missed out on.

Generally the 90's and early 00's were my favourite times in watching football.The scope of greats players was much more consistant throughout the world let alone europe.

superdan -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 12:43:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Yep,AC Milan were quality then.[:)]
Kaka,Seedorf,Gattuso,Stam,Maldini,Shevckenko those names litterally role off the tongue and I'm sure there are other great players I've missed out on.

Generally the 90's and early 00's were my favourite times in watching football.The scope of greats players was much more consistant throughout the world let alone europe.

For me the love affair goes further back than that. The Milan of Arrigo Sacchi and then Capello was probably the best I'll ever see, better for my money than Barcelona today. The players they had in that period were just incredible. Rijkaard, Donadoni, Gullit, Van Basten, Maldini, Costacurta, Baggio, Boban, Simone, Desailly, Weah and of course, Baresi... unbelievably good. For an Italian team at that time they were exciting to watch as well as being ruthlessly efficient. You know when you're at school and you're playing footy and you say which player you are? When all my mates were Lineker or Gascoigne, Wright or Adams etc, I was Baresi [:D]

Saltire -> RE: European football (20/8/2012 4:13:54 PM)

quote:

Yeah me too, those halcyon days of when Serie A was great; I've always liked Milan since then too.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (23/8/2012 11:55:46 AM)

Apparently ITV4 will be screening a weekly edition of the Bundesliga highlights - as far as I know the same programme that ESPN get.

Highly recommended viewing if you don't watch it already. [;)]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (23/8/2012 12:11:39 PM)

Trying to keep up with Spanish kick-off times is mad

Barce vs Real tonight 9.30 kick-off. Cup match, but still could be a bit spicy.

Olaf -> RE: European football (23/8/2012 1:36:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Apparently ITV4 will be screening a weekly edition of the Bundesliga highlights - as far as I know the same programme that ESPN get.

Getting an ESPN subscription last year when I was at college was the best thing I ever did, so many live BL matches. Going to miss it this year (sadface).

also: one more day!

Saltire -> RE: European football (24/8/2012 2:27:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Interesting, may watch that as long as they have a decent line-up in the studio and not the twats they have on the main channel. Was always gonna start watching the Bundesliga last year by getting an ESPN sub, but never did. I'll give it a try.

Saltire -> RE: European football (24/8/2012 2:28:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Its as mad as the way their leagues (and country) is run, but I kinda like the bonkersness of the scheduling they have. [;)]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (24/8/2012 6:48:38 PM)

Well this is going into my little highlights for this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mfmQY3PHcM&feature=player_embedded#!
[:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (26/8/2012 7:54:07 PM)

Just when it looked like Llorente had turned a half chance into 3 points, Messi pops up with 2. He's not half bad that lad is he [sm=worship.gif]

Skiba -> RE: European football (26/8/2012 7:58:40 PM)

That is some kit that Barca played in! [sm=14.gif]

Saltire -> RE: European football (26/8/2012 11:42:52 PM)

And Madrid got beat too, happy days. [;)]

Qwerty Norris -> RE: European football (29/8/2012 12:13:58 AM)

Well, the Bundesliga got under way last weekend with both Dortmund & Bayern getting off the mark with victories. Marco Reus grabbed a debut goal in a narrow 2-1 victory over Werder Bremen, as did Mario Mandzukic for Bayern against newbies Greuther Fürth in a 3-0 win. For me it's a two horse race between them two this season, although I still fancy Dortmund to shade it & make it 3 in a row.

At the other end; Hamburg look like they've continued their rank form from last season & were completely dreadful against Nurmberg - with Rene Adler (new acquisition from Leverkusen) the only man preventing a cricket scoreline. They're the only side who've never been relegated from the Bundesliga in its 50 year history, but that will change if they don't start improving. Don't think that'll happen next time round either as they're away to Bremen next week - who looked quite impressive against the champions last Friday.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: European football (29/8/2012 10:47:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Its as mad as the way their leagues (and country) is run, but I kinda like the bonkersness of the scheduling they have. [;)]

Enjoying this second leg. Real started the season poorly, but improved in the first half there. Barce less tiki-taka than last season. Another sublime Messi goal, after a poor 1st half performance from Barca. The guy is so far at the top of his game, but just still gets better.

Saltire -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 1:15:11 AM)

Yeah I didn't see the game much as I was watching Robson beat CLijsters at the US Open, but what I did see of it, it looked a great open match. Didn't see any of the goals though, will need to look them up. Shame on the result too, but Real looked as if they deserved it a bit more for being slightly more clinical with their chances.

MOTH -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 8:54:09 AM)

terrifically entertaining El Clasico last night, Madrid could have been out of sight by half time, but 10-man Barca more than matched them in the second half and there was plenty of chances at both ends, with Messi this much away from a winner in injury time. Song and Modric both got a run-out and both looked very at home.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 5:43:23 PM)

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 5:53:19 PM)

Man City vs Real will be highly entertaining [:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 6:18:37 PM)

Lol @ City [:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 6:20:38 PM)

Not to mention, Borussia Dortmund will be a handful too. But very much looking forward to the tie. Chelsea also have a stern test when they face Juventus.

Saltire -> RE: European football (30/8/2012 8:02:22 PM)

Celtic gonna get pummeled again from Barcelona, good to see them come back to Scotland again though.

Also pleased for Iniesta getting that award, he didn't have his best domestic season though was excellent at the Euro's; its fair due's for him to get this after his performances over the years. Ronaldo's face was a classic [:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: European football (3/9/2012 1:06:31 AM)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/722/la-liga/2012/09/02/3349734/i-didnt-celebrate-because-im-unhappy-cristiano-ronaldo-makes

Ronny is clearly unhappy about something? Tactics? Team-mates? Money? Modelling assignment? Wrong pair of socks? Mourinho?

Any guesses?

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI