RE: Sleeping Dogs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

James2183 -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (2/10/2012 8:41:24 PM)

Picked this up yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. A lot more fun than the snoozefest that was GTAIV but not as bat shit insane as Saints Rows 3 [:D]

The story is involving and I'm liking the variety of missions. I agree with DC on the soundtrack and wish there was more 'homegrown' music to make the game even more atmospheric.

Should keep me going until AC3 arrives

rich -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (4/10/2012 12:04:13 AM)

It's fun but ultimately short lived. Felt the story arc ended a bit flat to be honest after the uh.. building site part at the end which was a good sequence the rest never did anything for me and I felt a bit removed from the events that followed in cut scene only. In short pros and cons:

Great atmosphere, the colours of the city overcome the lower end graphics
Fun fighting controls, even if countering seems a little unresponsive sometimes
Limited guns makes the shootouts better
Little touches like car ramming, hijacks and car shooting keep the vehicles interesting
Plenty of cars and outfits to collect

Minigames need work, kareoko is crap, no fun, mahjong barely makes an appearance
Too short for a sandbox game, though it has enough content overall
Hacking and other side mission mechanics are fun at first but get repetetive
City areas don't feel very distinct, opening market promised more
Story resolution didn't cut it for me

From_Hell -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (5/8/2013 8:30:52 AM)

I've been playing this for the past few weeks, and finished it last night. It took me a couple of hours to get into it - initially it seemed to sit in a no-mans land between GTA and Saints Row, where it didn't have the appeal of GTA and didn't have the balls-out craziness of Saints Row. Once the storyline got moving, I thoroughly enjoyed Sleeping Dogs. The missions were good fun (albeit slightly lacking in variety), the hand-to-hand combat was good and the setting was excellent. I've got a few more lockboxes to collect, and a couple of achievements then I'm done. Hopefully we'll get a sequel on the next-gen consoles

Base -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (13/8/2013 8:29:01 PM)

I think I'm on the final boss, what is the point of simply disabling block?!?! Makes it all a bit pointless no?!?! [:@]

Ok, not final boss, was an annoying fucker tho!!!!

Base -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (13/8/2013 9:06:51 PM)

Now that's how you take out a final boss!!!! [:D] [sm=icon8.gif]

Yeah, agree with others, the ending was a bit sudden, but still I liked it, could never really get into GTAIV, this was much better...

directorscut -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (13/8/2013 10:35:39 PM)

Terrible writing. Fun, if repetitive gameplay.

Like Far Cry 3.

3/5.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (13/8/2013 11:45:42 PM)

Huh, just finished this yesterday. I'm a pretty big fan, but then again I'm a sucker for free-running and open-world gaming so it was right up my alley.

AxlReznor -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (14/8/2013 10:10:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Huh, just finished this yesterday. I'm a pretty big fan, but then again I'm a sucker for free-running and open-world gaming so it was right up my alley.

Me too. And being a fan of Hong Kong cinema helped, too. Immediately after finishing it I was watching Infernal Affairs and Kill Zone.

indysgill -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (14/8/2013 8:01:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Terrible writing. Fun, if repetitive gameplay.

Like Far Cry 3.

3/5.

How can you not like the genius line 'Wei Shen mother fucker, who you?' [:D]

Drew_231 -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (15/8/2013 1:14:53 PM)

Here's a medley of your Kung-Fu instructors insults

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fFruTkJOGs

'Your new nickname...Feeble Wong!'

From_Hell -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (9/8/2014 9:33:36 AM)

Another title being lined up for next-gen consoles. As much as I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, I don't think I'll be going back to this. When I bought my PS4, I hadn't envisaged it was to play titles I'd already cleared on my Xbox 360....

rich -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (21/8/2014 5:57:36 PM)

This one actually grew on me quite a bit ... not worth buying again though

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Sleeping Dogs (23/9/2014 7:27:57 AM)

Yeah can't say I'm up for a remastered version. Haven't even finished it on the 360 yet. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02