Zoe Saldana To Play Nina Simone? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Zoe Saldana To Play Nina Simone? (14/8/2012 9:50:10 AM)

Post your comments on this article

stephen35 -> Zoe to play Nina.....really? (14/8/2012 9:50:10 AM)

I have to admit that this is a suprise.I have heard over about this project and i did not think for one second Zoe Saldana(my favourite actress) would be in the running for the lead role of Nina Simone.If this happens it would be great to see it.Heres hoping.

launcelot -> Please no Saldana (14/8/2012 1:09:25 PM)

I'd love to see a biopic of Nina Simone if done well. But Zoe Saldana? She just doesn't have soul. Were Beyonce and Halle Berry already booked? Typical lack of Hollywood imagination picking the first inoffensive lightweight casting they can think of. Why not cast with a little more imagination. How about Lauryn Hill?!

buffster28 -> RE: Please no Saldana (15/8/2012 3:57:15 PM)

it does say at the bottom though that she may not be playing nina simone but her daughter. shes just attched to the film itself. i think its a good choice though - she may surprise people - as we've never seen her in a role like this before.

elab49 -> RE: Please no Saldana (15/8/2012 4:00:47 PM)

You mean we've never seen her in a role that requires acting before? True. [:)]

I'm not sure I get the point of casting Blige - a singer doesn't need to play a singer. I'm sure they have lots of actors to do that.

launcelot -> RE: Please no Saldana (16/8/2012 10:22:05 AM)

No, I mean I think she's bland. Even in roles that don't demand much acting actors with personality and depth can convey something behind the eyes - emotional depth. I just don't see her having the quality to bring Simone, the sensitive, troubled, soulful singer to life with any justice.

launcelot -> RE: Please no Saldana (16/8/2012 10:23:11 AM)

I agree re not needing to cast singers to play singers by the way.

elab49 -> RE: Please no Saldana (16/8/2012 10:37:35 AM)

Oh I agree - I just don't see Saldana as being a very good actress.

Also, I think Hill may have other probs at the moment. Curiously similar though Hill's tax issues don't seem to be an issue of conscience.

UTB -> RE: Please no Saldana (16/8/2012 1:59:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: launcelot

Typical lack of Hollywood imagination picking the first inoffensive lightweight casting they can think of.

True dat. They should have picked Roseanne Barr.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI