RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

snaze1 -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (13/8/2012 4:41:18 PM)

"My friends, you bow to No-one"

Discodez -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (14/8/2012 3:16:28 PM)

so many to choose from but for now:

"I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight."

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (14/8/2012 6:16:51 PM)

SICK BOY
It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.

RENTON
What do you mean?

SICK BOY
Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed...

RENTON
Some of his solo stuff's not bad.

SICK BOY
No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.

RENTON
So who else?

SICK BOY
Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley...

RENTON
OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?

SICK BOY
All I'm trying to do is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.

RENTON
What about The Untouchables?

SICK BOY
I don't rate that at all.

RENTON
Despite the Academy Award?

SICK BOY
That means fuck all. Its a sympathy vote.

SICK BOY
Do you shee the beasht? Have you got it in your shights?

RENTON
Clear enough, Missh Moneypenny! This should preshent no shignificant problemsh!

SICK BOY
For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a fuckin' EVIL shot!

(You know, I always thought Johnny Lee Miller's spot-on Edinburgh accent and Connery impresshion was impressive/ironic cos:

a) He's English, and...

b) He's Bernard "M" Lee's grandson or something!*)

*c) He was also married to Angelina Jolie. Bastard!

Cabal aka Boone -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (14/8/2012 11:08:24 PM)

Just a few that forever stick in my head.

"I don't have time... for this Mickey Mouse Bullshit!"

"I didn't mean to call you a meatloaf, Jack!"

"You're right in the poo now sister!"

"Yo, Flo. Tell Mel to whip me up a toasted bagel with cream cheese!"

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (15/8/2012 2:46:30 AM)

BLAINE
I don't have time to bleed.

PONCHO
Do you have time to duck?

dicky_monster -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (15/8/2012 11:13:13 AM)

I alway really liked this line from Gattaca:

VINCENT
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (15/8/2012 3:11:34 PM)

Name the Kurosawa homages...

My mule don't like people laughin' Gets the crazy idea they're laughin' at him. Now if you fellas just apologise like I know you're going to...

I've got the death sentence in twelve systems...

That was the best shot ever.

The worst. I was aiming at the horse!

st3veebee -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (15/8/2012 4:53:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dicky_monster

I alway really liked this line from Gattaca:

VINCENT
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back.

Great choice, love that film.

clownfoot -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (15/8/2012 10:50:41 PM)

Nothing can beat Nigel Tufnel's constant state of confusion...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

boaby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (15/8/2012 11:45:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Nothing can beat Nigel Tufnel's constant state of confusion...

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

I like how the beeb's iplayer volume goes up to eleven.

Another candidate for best line:

Oh, oh oh oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, actually what I said was: [loudhailer]How would you like to suck my balls, Mr Garrison?[/loudhailer]

donethinking -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (16/8/2012 12:21:27 PM)

Leon grabs a hold of Deckard in the street..

Deckard: "Leon!"

Leon: "How old am I?"

Deckard: (punches Leon across the face with no effect whatsoever)" I don't know."

Leon: "My birthday is April 10, 2017. How long do I live?"

Deckard: "Four years."

Leon: (Starts beating the shit out of Deckard) "More than you.........Painful to live in fear, isn't it?...(continues beating deckard)..... Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

Deckard: "Oh, I agree!"

Leon: (grabs a semi conscious Decakrd by the throat ) "Wake up..Time to die!"

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (17/8/2012 3:27:27 AM)

JACK*
Oh, I got a helmet. I got a beauty!

Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Indians! First of the day...

* (Who else?)

DancingClown -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (20/8/2012 8:16:59 AM)

"Sheriff, I think I need to have a movement...(!)"

[image]http://www.brego.net/imglib/movie/movie_image_18.jpg[/image]

Viggo in Young Guns 2. His delivery makes the line.

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (26/8/2012 10:57:39 PM)

"You stoopid focking cont."

"FOCK YOU, DAVE! FOCK YOU!"

(Al Pacino, Glengarry Glen Ross)

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (26/8/2012 11:05:21 PM)

LELAND
Bernstein, these men who are now with the Inquirer, who were with the Chronicle until yesterday... Bernstein, Bernstein, these men who were with the Chronicle, weren't they just as devoted to the Chronicle policies as they are now to our policies?

BERNSTEIN
Sure they are just like anybody else. They got work to do, they do it. Only they happen to be the best men in the business.

LELAND
Do we stand for the same things the Chronicle stands for, Mr. Bernstein?

BERNSTEIN
Certainly not. Listen, Mr. Kane will change them to his kind of newspapermen in a week.

LELAND
There's always a chance, of course, that they will change Mr. Kane without his knowing it.

BERNSTEIN
A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (26/8/2012 11:13:59 PM)

BOND
Who'd want to put a contract on me?

M
Jealous husbands! Outraged chefs! Humiliated tailors! The list is endless!

rich -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (26/8/2012 11:33:06 PM)

Hans Gruber: Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life.

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (27/8/2012 8:05:17 PM)

It happens sometimes. People just explode.

They ain't scumbags. They're car thieves just like us.

Get in the car, white boy. Job's not done.

Hey, blanks get the job done too.

Someone piss on the floor again?

I show up at a guy's place of work, he's shit scared. He knows I ain't no cop. Thinks I've come to kill 'im. And I would. I'll kill any man who crosses me. Know what I mean?

John Wayne was a fag.

The hell he was!

He was too, you boys. I installed two-way mirrors at his pad in Brentwood and he came to the door in a dress.

The more you drive, the less intelligent you are.

HOLY SHEEP SHIT!

I will not allow a vehicle to be harmed or through inaction allow that vehicle to come to harm. It's The Repo Code, kid. Etch it on your brain.

I don't want no Commies in my car. No Christians neither.

Ordinary people. I fuckin' hate 'em.

Only an assh*le gets killed for a car.

Repo Man's always intense!

Flip you, melonfarmer! (TV version only! [sm=18.gif])

mclane1 -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 10:40:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

A thread for positivity? How wonderful!

Um... That's why I started it. I went looking for a "Best Lines" thread and, er, couldn't find one. A damning indictment overwhelming online negativity? You tell me. It's certainly hard to deny that the negative threads seem to outnumber the positive. But that's t'internet for you. I'm a wide-eyed optimist me - always look on the bright side of life!

That probably sounded more snarky than intended. I'm genuinely happy that there's a positive thread to contribute to - so rare among the whinging. [:)]

check out my 'cheesy tears of joy ' thread, that will be right up your street, albeit still containing one grumpy post by DC, but thats to be expected.

Zaphod121 -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 5:27:32 PM)

"Some motherfucker's are always tryin' to ice skate uphill"

Dirk Miggler -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 9:29:15 PM)

"you want me to beat your dick off ? I will, with two hands, let's go"

"fuck you science"

"you have the right to........ Suck my dick motherfucker!"

"Guess what ? Im black, and I worked my ass off to become Captain, and sometimes I get angry. So suck a dick!"

"Clearly, I wasn't talking to you, big titties! You cherub-lookin' mother fucker!"

Watched 21 Jump street this morning so it's still fresh in the memory.

MonsterCat -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 9:33:36 PM)

You forgot the best line: "Have some fairy dust, motherfucker!"

That was such a funny film.

Hood_Man -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 9:35:50 PM)

"....freeeeEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

vad3r -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 11:16:18 PM)

Alien: I come in peace.
Dolph Lundgren: But you go in pieces, asshole!

Larry of Arabia -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (28/8/2012 11:45:36 PM)

"You'd be William Munny out of Missouri. Killer of women and children."

"That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

from Unforgiven and:

"Shut it, Love Actually!"

from In The Loop, which I quote to my brother quite frequently. [:D]

donethinking -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (29/8/2012 8:49:00 AM)

"You know somethin', Mikey?"

"You make me laugh, you know that?"

Hood_Man -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (29/8/2012 1:40:09 PM)

Y'know, I could eat a peach for hours.

Bowser, Super Mario Land.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (29/8/2012 1:53:30 PM)

You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0K63RYrlXc

endjinnoil -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (29/8/2012 8:30:52 PM)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have..." - Unforgiven

Love that film!

chris kilby -> RE: What's The BEST Line of Dialogue In a Film? (1/9/2012 2:20:14 AM)

DILLON
Just hold onto that chopper.

(Predator. * Titter *)

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.882813E-02