Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (8/8/2012 8:11:19 AM)

Post your comments on this article

brownish1 -> (8/8/2012 8:11:19 AM)

A sigh of relief is right, Whedon was perfect for the first avengers movie and script pending this outing should be no different.

Whistler -> (8/8/2012 8:13:31 AM)

Well this is joyous news!

MadMart -> (8/8/2012 9:41:41 AM)

I'm thinking Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Heroes for Hire as the TV series.

Fits in with the 'cop show' theme and their powers are not too expensive to portray.

bobsbitchtits -> (8/8/2012 11:07:17 AM)

I hope someone has peeled Helen O-Hara off the ceiling at Empire towers!

jimmyriddler -> Great stuff (8/8/2012 12:14:10 PM)

I'm glad that he's doing it. Slightly sad it means Joss can't work on his own original ideas (although maybe in a producer role?), but he clearly loves these characters and knows how to find their voice.

If he thought it was difficult tying together the strands for the first Avengers movie, it's going to be even more complicated with the rest of the stand alone films that are coming, including Guardians of the Galaxy.

Nicky C -> Aw F*CK YEAH! (8/8/2012 12:27:07 PM)

Avengers was the best blockbuster of the year (didn't love DKR nearly as much as Avengers Assemble, not by a long chalk) and I can't wait for more, quite frankly.

Fozola -> 2nd Chance To Give Us The Movie We Hoped For? (8/8/2012 1:16:59 PM)

Must admit, Avengers was my biggest disappointment of the year (along with The Dictator) I hope the second shot gives us long time Marvel fans the film we have waited 3 decades for! For me the first one (Hulk smashing Loki aside) was all a bit 'Meh!'

Simon124 -> Dr Strange? (8/8/2012 1:41:04 PM)

Would fit in with Whedon's 'Buffy' backgound and could be fun..

clarkkent -> (8/8/2012 1:55:38 PM)

AWESOME. Makes me think Whedon already has a TV idea, and that's the source of the "Avengers based TV show" rumours: so to make that happen, Marvel bartered the show for him doing Avengers 2. Plus, y'know, a pile of money Galactus would struggle to choke down.

Big Red -> No Uwe Boll?? (8/8/2012 3:39:44 PM)

No Uwe Boll?? such a shame!

danbo1138 -> No Firefly series 2? (8/8/2012 6:07:33 PM)

danbo1138 -> No Firefly series 2? (8/8/2012 6:07:34 PM)

Shifty Bench -> RE:Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (8/8/2012 7:31:32 PM)

This is great news. Of course, the deal means he can't do his own film and TV work for a while but he can still do web series, like Dr. Horrible 2 Apparently he enjoys doing that sort of thing anyway, so hopefully we'll get Joss original work that way......

mclane1 -> Busy guy (8/8/2012 7:42:03 PM)

Still amazes me the guy has time to make such cool movies whilst he's filming mythbusters.

kermit24 -> Nice one (9/8/2012 1:19:02 AM)

The most under used and under appreciated writer/director/producer on the scene, finally gets the budgets and backing he has always deserved! Nice one Joss!

BenTramer -> (9/8/2012 2:05:32 AM)

I'm thinking of Avengers 3 when The Avengers team up with The Justice League AND The Expendables to stop Simon Cowell taking over the world with his robotic karaoke singing clones.

vad3r -> RE: (9/8/2012 2:28:14 AM)

Sad new for me. I'd rather Joss devote his beautiful brain to a new long running TV show.

Reboot Buffy with Kristen Bell.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 2:45:08 AM)

Maybe he doesn't want to do TV any more?

And no Buffy reboot please. The show has been gone for almost ten years and as a fan, I have made peace with that fact......

vad3r -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 2:53:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

And no Buffy reboot please. The show has been gone for almost ten years and as a fan, I have made peace with that fact......

Anything is a better idea than Avengers 2. I loved the first Avengers but don't want to see one of my heroes invest so much time that he could be using elsewhere.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:17:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

Anything is a better idea than Avengers 2. I loved the first Avengers but don't want to see one of my heroes invest so much time that he could be using elsewhere.

He's one of my heroes too but he's still a) a writer/director and b) human, so he goes where the money is. This deal will set him for life and he'll do his own thing after it, people will be falling over themselves to hire him now (if the sequel does well which it no doubt will). Also, you have to remember, it's only a three year deal, it's until not the day he dies.

EDIT: and could you please settle on an avatar? [:D]

vad3r -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:23:03 AM)

How do you rate this one?

Shifty Bench -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:25:08 AM)

It's an arrow and but'll probably change by the time someone else reads this. [sm=augen14.gif]

vad3r -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:30:22 AM)

quote:

It's an arrow and but'll probably change by the time someone else reads this. [sm=augen14.gif]

What's sad is that's it's the most important decision of my life thus far.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:32:34 AM)

What was wrong with your Empire one?

vad3r -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:33:49 AM)

quote:

What was wrong with your Empire one?

Nothing, I loved it. It wasn't showing anymore so I assumed a mod must have disabled it or something.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:47:42 AM)

And you've changed it again. At least twice since the arrow.

vad3r -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:50:10 AM)

I'm weak.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:51:05 AM)

Are you choosing the silhouettes on purpose?

vad3r -> RE: Joss Whedon Confirmed For Avengers 2 (9/8/2012 3:53:18 AM)

quote:

Are you choosing the silhouettes on purpose?

I couldn't find one that goes with the Empire background. They all have white borders which makes it uneven.

[image]http://forum.demon.net/avatars/default.png[/image]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI