Prometheus Sequel Confirmed? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Prometheus Sequel Confirmed? (2/8/2012 6:44:46 AM)

Post your comments on this article

mclane1 -> not bovered (2/8/2012 6:44:46 AM)

Unless hes making what could be Alien 5 its not for me. prometheus made money because of the hype, not cause people liked it.

Whistler -> RE: not bovered (2/8/2012 8:40:18 AM)

Good stuff! I'm one of the few who really liked Prometheus. Yes it has flaws, mainly regarding the script (some particularly bad lines of dialogue), and there are a few silly scenes (Millburn playing with the snake), but otherwise it was an exciting and though-provoking sci-fi movie, something we rarely see these days. Complaining about it because it answers no questions is something I can understand, but at the same time it's a bit pre-emptive; Scott has said that there would be at least two more films before a direct connection to Alien would be made, so there are obviously a lot of ideas that he didn't want to answer in the first one. If he's had the idea from the get-go to do three films, it makes sense that he would ask a bunch of questions in the first and answer them in the next two.

Anyway I think I'm fairly alone in this opinion, so let the negativity begin! [:D]

Duncan74274 -> A Bridge to far? (2/8/2012 8:42:10 AM)

I thought there were problems with Prometheus but I still find myself thinking about it. Maybe the first one could be a bridge to some bigger ideas more fully explored in the second. After all poor Elizabeth Shaw is stuck out there on her own, going God knows where and she only has David's head in a canvas bag for company.

burtbondy -> Great News (2/8/2012 9:25:26 AM)

Enjoyed the movie as did a lot of people. Looking forward to rewatching it on Dvd.

Nicky C -> Talk about 'Out of the frying pan ...' (2/8/2012 9:31:19 AM)

Not sure how you tie up all those threads with Elizabeth and David on their own. If they're really going forward and further away from humanity who will they talk to other than each other. Only David can communicate with the Engineers ... and if the Engineers aren't in it then the first movie will have been for nothing. Prometheus took the rubik's cube and twisted all the heck up. Can't see how a sequel can untangle the mess and remain engaging (which Prometheus wasn't). Mind you, I've been wrong before, but jeez ... you'd rather reboot Batman wouldn't you?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Talk about 'Out of the frying pan ...' (2/8/2012 10:19:53 AM)

I liked Prometheus so all in all I'm happy that a sequel is in the works.
But,realistically, it was always going to happen imo.

Just hopefully the script is more tight and answers some questions.

BenTramer -> Choose Alien (2/8/2012 11:02:15 AM)

Trainspotting writer Irvine Welsh gave the most accurate review of Prometheus when he said it managed to be "absolutely brilliant and totally shite at the same time." Bang on.

waltham1979 -> RE: not bovered (2/8/2012 1:36:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Good stuff! I'm one of the few who really liked Prometheus. Yes it has flaws, mainly regarding the script (some particularly bad lines of dialogue), and there are a few silly scenes (Millburn playing with the snake), but otherwise it was an exciting and though-provoking sci-fi movie, something we rarely see these days. Complaining about it because it answers no questions is something I can understand, but at the same time it's a bit pre-emptive; Scott has said that there would be at least two more films before a direct connection to Alien would be made, so there are obviously a lot of ideas that he didn't want to answer in the first one. If he's had the idea from the get-go to do three films, it makes sense that he would ask a bunch of questions in the first and answer them in the next two.

Anyway I think I'm fairly alone in this opinion, so let the negativity begin! [:D]

I agree. I thought Prometheus was superb; possibly as I went in having read all the awful reviews and being told by my Alien loving friend that watching Prometheus was "like having Ridley Scott skull fuck his dreams of a prequel" (bit harsh maybe, but a funny analogy all the same) so my expectations were pretty low.

Looking forward to the sequel; and to be honest anything with Fassbender in gets my thumbs up!!

Nickwantstowork -> It could neve live up to its hype (2/8/2012 5:15:40 PM)

Like most i thought it looked great, had a fantastic cast just in Aliens shadow too much; Promethus II needs to be its own movie.

andyswright -> I can handle hype... (2/8/2012 6:24:10 PM)

.... but a poorly conceived and ineptly plotted story cannot go unchecked. Biggest let down in YEARS.

GALLYMOO -> p r o b l e m E t h e u s: THIS TIME IT'S MORE (2/8/2012 7:13:47 PM)

Can't Ridley give up...yes it was ambitious and the script really let down all the visual mastery of the movie...Ridley lost his balls with the Pregnancy Abort Scene...it was all to easy utilising technology...should of been more organic as he kept going on about it in the marketing virals....get cameron back on board!

katehj -> A stella trailer, a film that missed the mark (2/8/2012 10:29:50 PM)

Like a lot of people I was absolutely blown away by the Prometheus trailer. With Ridley himself at the helm of bringing back the Alien franchise I thought it was in safe hands. What could go wrong? A lot, it turned out. Take away the performance of Michael Fassbender and the excellent effects, I can see why viewers found plenty to criticise.

Here's my personal reflection on seeing Prometheus. Ridley wasn't bothered about who he partnered with for the writing, or was he? Fortunately he has a sympathetic ear when it comes to prequels…

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLtkUuHNmmw

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI