RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (22/11/2012 10:33:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Afraid not Gaz! It would appear that when they state it was 'about 2000 years ago' that they decided to eradicate us, that is what they were getting at. Pretty sure it was eluded to in the mammoth making of on the BD. But it is definitely a theory that many are starting to accept as the probable reasoning for the engineers decision. But like so much in the film, it's hardly set in stone so we can just dismiss it here if we see fit. [:D]

In other news… could this sequel act as the link to Bladerunner that I'm suddenly hearing so much about! Like space Jesus… I am not kidding. I only cottoned on to all this yesterday (probably been about for months though!) but some keen eyed consumers spotted this on the UK BD Steelbook of Prometheus. It's written by Weylend about a familiar sounding someone!

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-prometheus-set-in-the-blade-runner-universe/

There was also apparently discussions where Scott was to have the company in Prometheus be Weyland-Tyrell! Think they even went as far as proposing that one of Weylands guards on the Prometheus was none other than Roy Batty. Did see a piece of concept art that had him in Weyland military fatigues yesterday but can't track it down now. Obviously, not THE Batty as the time lines don't mesh. But perhaps a far more advanced Nexus was intended to protect Weylend… didn't do a very good job though if he is in there somewhere [:D]

quote:

Afraid not Gaz! It would appear that when they state it was 'about 2000 years ago' that they decided to eradicate us, that is what they were getting at. Pretty sure it was eluded to in the mammoth making of on the BD. But it is definitely a theory that many are starting to accept as the probable reasoning for the engineers decision. But like so much in the film, it's hardly set in stone so we can just dismiss it here if we see fit.

That idea doesn't really fill me with entheusiasm. Why would it take them over 2000 years to get around to wiping out the humans?[8|]

Been watching the Furious Gods doc on the Prometheus 3D Blu - the 'Jesus-as-Engineer' idea was originally scripted, but binned. I seem to remember (either from that or a different interview), that it was felt to be to on the nose. But absolutely, the idea was mooted. Glad they left it alone though... [:D]

Sotto Voce -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (22/11/2012 4:06:23 PM)

It'll probably be more a general defiance of the engineers, or taking some piece of technology from them, which would fit with the Prometheus myth.
Here's a thought; you've got David, and the engineers are sort of giants. Could there be a sort of David and Goliath motif?

I must go back to watching Ancient Aliens on YouTube now.

Ghidorah -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (25/11/2012 8:50:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Afraid not Gaz! It would appear that when they state it was 'about 2000 years ago' that they decided to eradicate us, that is what they were getting at. Pretty sure it was eluded to in the mammoth making of on the BD. But it is definitely a theory that many are starting to accept as the probable reasoning for the engineers decision. But like so much in the film, it's hardly set in stone so we can just dismiss it here if we see fit. [:D]

In other news… could this sequel act as the link to Bladerunner that I'm suddenly hearing so much about! Like space Jesus… I am not kidding. I only cottoned on to all this yesterday (probably been about for months though!) but some keen eyed consumers spotted this on the UK BD Steelbook of Prometheus. It's written by Weylend about a familiar sounding someone!

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-prometheus-set-in-the-blade-runner-universe/

There was also apparently discussions where Scott was to have the company in Prometheus be Weyland-Tyrell! Think they even went as far as proposing that one of Weylands guards on the Prometheus was none other than Roy Batty. Did see a piece of concept art that had him in Weyland military fatigues yesterday but can't track it down now. Obviously, not THE Batty as the time lines don't mesh. But perhaps a far more advanced Nexus was intended to protect Weylend… didn't do a very good job though if he is in there somewhere [:D]

quote:

Afraid not Gaz! It would appear that when they state it was 'about 2000 years ago' that they decided to eradicate us, that is what they were getting at. Pretty sure it was eluded to in the mammoth making of on the BD. But it is definitely a theory that many are starting to accept as the probable reasoning for the engineers decision. But like so much in the film, it's hardly set in stone so we can just dismiss it here if we see fit.

That idea doesn't really fill me with entheusiasm. Why would it take them over 2000 years to get around to wiping out the humans?[8|]

Been watching the Furious Gods doc on the Prometheus 3D Blu - the 'Jesus-as-Engineer' idea was originally scripted, but binned. I seem to remember (either from that or a different interview), that it was felt to be to on the nose. But absolutely, the idea was mooted. Glad they left it alone though... [:D]

Imagine if Jesus got Face Huggered and the traits the Jesus Xeno will inherit. The creature could resurrect in a day, turn water into 90% rum and be capable of feeding the whole world population with a single Tesco store.[:D]

Private Hudson -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (3/12/2012 12:43:38 AM)

Anyone with a bluray like to spill the beans as to what was in the deleted scenes?

Sotto Voce -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (3/12/2012 4:02:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Anyone with a bluray like to spill the beans as to what was in the deleted scenes?

Nothing very significant really. Just bits of dialogue that were deemed unnecessary, and a scene with an android that looked a bit like Harrison Ford.

Powka -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (3/12/2012 12:50:12 PM)

I would like to not see the most overrated screenwriter in the film/TV history of all time in the credits of the sequel. If this will be accomplished, then it's already a better film than Prometheus. What a piece of shit that was...

directorscut -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (4/12/2012 4:01:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Powka

I would like to not see the most overrated screenwriter in the film/TV history of all time in the credits of the sequel.

I wouldn't worry. After Alien: Resurrection they won't let Whedon near another Alien movie.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (4/12/2012 6:56:41 PM)

quote:

What a piece of shit that was...

No,it wasn't.
Flawed but certainly not a "piece of shit".

Powka -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (4/12/2012 7:09:33 PM)

I don't know, maybe I got my hopes up too high, but to me - it definitely was a piece of shit. Would never watch it again. But that's me...

Btw, is your nickname a reference to a film?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (4/12/2012 7:43:17 PM)

I like Prometheus,though I do know of its faults.
For me its creative wisdom/ideas easily cover its flaws.

Concerning my Username[:D]
Its was originally chosen out of a line in a Kafka book,though I forget which one.
Its is also the name of Spanish film Abre los ojos (English: Open Your Eyes).Which was remade into Vanilla Sky.

Private Hudson -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (24/12/2012 6:15:05 PM)

Any word on the sequel?

Vitamin F -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (27/12/2012 12:47:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

What a piece of shit that was...

No,it wasn't.Flawed but certainly not a "piece of shit".

He got it right...when the flaws are this huge, and it comes from a director that we know should have delivered something special, it's a piece of (expensive, pretty) shit imo.

Never thought I'd be so NOT looking forward to a sequel...

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (27/12/2012 1:57:08 PM)

It all depends on who they get in as the writer.

Vitamin F -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (27/12/2012 2:11:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Of course, but even if they get a screen-writer of the highest calibre, they're going to have to work with what's already been set up and left over from Prometheus, and that's not a good starting point. Sorry, I'm defo glass half empty when considering how this may go...

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (27/12/2012 2:15:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

quote:

Of course, but even if they get a screen-writer of the highest calibre, they're going to have to work with what's already been set up and left over from Prometheus, and that's not a good starting point. Sorry, I'm defo glass half empty when considering how this may go...

I think you could take the story in an interesting direction - there are ideas in there that could make for a strong sequel. But it all depends on the quality of writer and how willing everyone is to explore those ideas properly.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (27/12/2012 2:55:19 PM)

The problem I have with `Prometheus is the same that I have with Ridley Scott's Robin Hood in that it explored subject matter that wasn't as interesting as the story we know around this mythos. It felt like Scott was tinkering with ideas rather than giving us the most compelling story available.

Private Hudson -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (2/1/2013 5:42:41 PM)

quote:

quote:

Nothing very significant really. Just bits of dialogue that were deemed unnecessary, and a scene with an android that looked a bit like Harrison Ford.

LOL are you kidding me on?

Private Hudson -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (2/1/2013 5:44:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

I would like to not see the most overrated screenwriter in the film/TV history of all time in the credits of the sequel.

I wouldn't worry. After Alien: Resurrection they won't let Whedon near another Alien movie.

Agreed, I think people forget some of the crap that Whedon has made, and here is a controversial thought... I liked The Avengers, but I reckon someone more talented would have made an even better movie. I felt that the last section of the movie when the attack in NY takes place it was like a big budget version of Angel (when all that parallel universe or whatever was going on)

Ghidorah -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (2/1/2013 7:23:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Alternative or extended scenes

Space Jockey talking to Weyland
Shaw fighting the Space Jockey with an ax
David talking about Paradise
CGI Zombie Xenomorph attack on the hanger
Alternative violent sex scene
Extended Weyland and daughter scene

Deleted scenes

Christmas tress
Snake skin
etc

A lot of the deleted scenes weren't important but in my opinion most extended/alternative scenes should be reserted back into the film. They weren't cut because they were naff but because of the running time and this is why the final act feel so rushed.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (2/1/2013 8:28:38 PM)

I think in the next few years there will definitely be a Prometheus DC.
Just because Ridley has recently denied this doesn't mean he wont go down that route in the future.

Having recently been reading Ridley Scotts:The Making Of His Movies (Paul .M.Sammon) its clear to see his appreciation for his fanbase and he is extremely open to his own criticisms too.
Prometheus got far to much of a verbal-kicking in my opinion.

Private Hudson -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (4/1/2013 7:42:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

quote:

Deleted scenes

Christmas tress
Snake skin
etc

A lot of the deleted scenes weren't important but in my opinion most extended/alternative scenes should be reserted back into the film. They weren't cut because they were naff but because of the running time and this is why the final act feel so rushed.

Thanks for the info.

I still liked Prometheus, though I guess I did expect more, but I am not slagging it. It is still miles better than the dross some people churn out (Joss Whedon actually comes into that category).

The film looked a billion dollars! Fassbender's David was superb. I would also have loved Guy Pearce's TED talk as Weyland to have come into the film straight after the titles. So we have the alien DNA in the river etc, then we have this egotist, and then we can move 50 years on or whatever it was to the scientists in Skye.

Busy year for us sci-fi Scots. Prometheus in Skye and John Carter in Orkenys. What next? The Daleks attacking the Falkirk Wheel?

Sotto Voce -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (14/1/2013 7:46:48 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sadly, yes.[;)]

Sotto Voce -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (14/1/2013 7:53:54 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Deleted scenes

Christmas tress
Snake skin
etc

Were they cut just for running time, or was it more to do with pacing? Personally I wouldn't really want any of them put back into the film.

Dannybohy -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (14/1/2013 9:05:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Just make Alien 5.

This (what!! its Monday morning!!)

Ghidorah -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (14/1/2013 4:57:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Deleted scenes

Christmas tress
Snake skin
etc

Were they cut just for running time, or was it more to do with pacing? Personally I wouldn't really want any of them put back into the film.

I can only guess and say it must be down to running time. Afterall Prometheus is a two hour long big budget R rated movie and the final 30 minutes it felt rushed.

It's going to be interesting how Ridley Scott going to tell a story of a woman and an andriod on a nightmarish world. There isn't going to anyone else for them to relate to unless they come across living engineers. The only other possibilities is David took the ship back to a Weyland's colony while Shaw is in habination. What follows is a military expedition to Paradise while Shaw is still in statsis. She is unaware where she is and still think she is on the Engineer's spaceship. It revert back to the idea you can't trust David.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (14/1/2013 5:19:14 PM)

It is easy to get more humans involved - just have the Prometheus be tracked by a Yutani spaceship with another crew who follow Shaw to Paradise.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (14/1/2013 6:22:46 PM)

quote:

It is easy to get more humans involved - just have the Prometheus be tracked by a Yutani spaceship with another crew who follow Shaw to Paradise.

Yep,I think that is the most plausible and somewhat basic route for that scenario ie a good story starting point.

I'm intrigued over who is going to be set-on for writing the sequel,though I didn't think Spaihts or Lindelof did a bad job.
I still think this trilogy (by all accounts/reports) will be a memorable one,hopefully Prometheus will be considered as abit of a slow-burner to two interesting sequels.

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Just make Alien 5.

I personally think the Alien films have had there day and the only thing interesting in the alien-characters is its origins which will hopefully be fleshed out in the Prometheus sequels.

I mean,where do you go with the Alien films?
Everything has been done with the maturity of that character imo.

Ghidorah -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (28/2/2013 9:06:53 PM)

To me Prometheus was an update to the sci fi classics such as The Forbidden Planets. I did enjoy it but I was expecting a similiar approach to Alien than a homage to the 1950's?

Paradise's script is in the works and Noami paid Scott a visit in London.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/exclusive-noomi-rapace-says-prometheus-sequel-script-being-worked-on-now-20130226

Sounds like the script is still some way off.

Ghidorah -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (24/5/2013 8:13:06 PM)

Prometheus sequel nearing production?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2013/05/23/rik-barnett-for-prometheus-sequel/

Prometheus and it sequel was originally going to be shot back to back. So it does look like the sequel may already had a rough draft in place before Prometheus went into production.

pete_traynor -> RE: Paradise: Sequel to Prometheus (24/7/2013 10:31:53 AM)

So… is there going to be a 2nd film, or just a comic version [&:]? Thought they would have announced their intentions for a cinematic sequel at Comic Con.

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/news/1000

With a reported production budge of $130M and a total gross of $403M, I’d have thought they’d have gone for a green light on a second. Even with marketing costs, they probably still made $200M+ on Prometheus. But not sure what the bean counters regard as an actual success these days.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI