Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel (30/7/2012 8:55:27 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Whistler -> (30/7/2012 8:55:27 AM)

I hate this current trend of trying to answer every question from every movie ever made.

waggle -> bad idea (30/7/2012 9:22:56 AM)

The story should be left alone.I enjoyed the book,film wasn't too shabby thanks to Jack Nicholson's performance.As for a prequel no somethings should ne left for your imagination.Not sure about King's sequel although I haven't read anything of his in years.

Nicky C -> Leave it the f*ck alone! (30/7/2012 9:24:11 AM)

Hollywood needs to stop sh*tting on the family silver.

jamiemulls -> Don't make this (30/7/2012 10:54:19 AM)

As someone else has said, the beauty of the original is that they leave it for you to ponder on the history of the hotel. The power of the imagination is infinitely more terrifying than any half-baked prequel will ever be and all it will do is sully the film/book's legacy.

Nicky C -> Exactly! (30/7/2012 11:12:53 AM)

There's nothing scarey about an answered question. The unknown is what MAKES the whole damn picture!

ronniem -> Leave it alone (30/7/2012 11:35:13 AM)

"Writer/producer Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and her partners Bradley Fischer (Black Swan) and James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) have been tasked with hammering out a potential direction for the film to take." ...why don't they get together and get busy "hammering out" an original idea...

MonsterCat -> RE: Warner Bros Predict A Shining Prequel (30/7/2012 12:38:17 PM)

Get Peter Hyams to do it and should be a workman like film that's perfectly decent but ultimately a bit pointless.

BenTramer -> (30/7/2012 1:33:04 PM)

You could do a Godfather Part II structure where you start out with Stephen King's Dr Sleep story with Danny Torrance in the present and then cut back to the past with The Grady's or The Donner Party or a Native American curse on the land. You could also fill in what the Torrances lives were like before they got to the hotel and fill in the blanks there. Some prequels are good. It would all depend on the quality of the script, if they can't get it right, they should leave it alone. Let's see what they come up with.

sowasred2012 -> RE: (30/7/2012 1:39:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I hate this current trend of trying to answer every question from every movie ever made.

Yes! This! Hollywood is wringing every last dollar out of answering questions nobody was either asking or bothered about. It's like Hollywood is now Lost, and now we're getting a ton of 'How did Jack get his tattoos?' and 'Where did the Dharma bus come from?' episodes.

Nobody cares!

Angelus -> RE: RE: (30/7/2012 2:00:18 PM)

No thanks.

MaxRenn -> Is King checking in? (30/7/2012 7:14:34 PM)

Is King going to be involved? If I recall, he originally wasn't that happy with Kubrick's movie.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI