New Wolfman Trailer Howling Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Wolfman Trailer Howling Online (26/7/2012 9:36:10 AM)

Post your comments on this article

jazzyjules63 -> (26/7/2012 9:36:10 AM)

Just awful. Van Helsing with werewolves. Have a look at Louis Morneau's back catalogue and you get an idea of what kind of garbage this will be. What a waste of a franchise.

GunnerGeezer -> Noooooooooooooo! (26/7/2012 10:20:35 AM)

Why? Why? Why? Even the quality of the voiceover man is shockingly poor. I predict a 1 star shocker.

ronniem -> (26/7/2012 10:30:40 AM)

No wonder it's going straight to DVD...looks shite

BenTramer -> "Beware The Moon" (26/7/2012 10:32:39 AM)

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about this and, now I've seen the trailer, I can see why. Actors you've never heard of doing dodgy accents, cheapo effects and production values and it's DTV...I've forgotten this one already.

cactusjon -> Really? (26/7/2012 11:03:32 AM)

Little puzzled as to how Empire consider a DTV mess as being worthy of comment. As for the article itself...... Sounds as if someone at Universal is pulling in a favour to be honest.

st3veebee -> RE: Really? (26/7/2012 11:56:10 AM)

Yet another crap werewolf film.....why is it so difficult to produce a decent Lycanthrope movie

jobloffski -> RE: Really? (26/7/2012 12:33:41 PM)

It's hard because the idea of a man changing into a wolf is cool. But almost impossible to write a plot around, because whatever happens, we just want to see a man turn into a wolf. Nobody seems to have the sense to START a film with a transformation sequence, have the main character have no idea what is happening to him, massacre a bunch of people and be hunted, learning what he is as he goes, becoming ever more tragic, ever more hunted.

Forget the ensemble bunch hunting the werewolf approach. Unless it's gonna be a coen brothers or tarantino type script, nobody cares about that shit. Start bloody, get tragic, stay bloody, stay tragic. Man knows what he is, but wants to live. Stay with his POV even when he's the wolf, so we want him to survive but also can hardly bear the viciousness he visits upon the innocent. Maybe there's a film there, maybe not, but anything that appears to be in the mould of Van Helsing can eat me.

And Werewolf: The Beast Among Us is so jaw-droppingly badly titled it's hard to believe even anybody involved thinks it isn't dogshit

loafroaster -> I wonder how much Empire got for plugging this. (26/7/2012 3:25:49 PM)

dannyfletch -> Looks crap but I'll give it a go! (26/7/2012 4:31:29 PM)

Ok, this does look pretty crap and has the values of a T.V movie but I think I will give it a watch on a rainy day as I'm sure it'll be entertaining in a so bad it's good kinda way. Anyway I actually quite liked the recent Wolfman!

Cyberleader -> I adored The Wolfman remake. (26/7/2012 4:43:59 PM)

There. Said it. As far as I'm concerned, I'm waiting to see if this one is as good...not whether it can 'relaunch a franchise'.

thepluginbaby -> (26/7/2012 4:59:34 PM)

Wolfman: Bastard Child sounds like a better title tbh

bradthunder -> Well... (26/7/2012 5:35:40 PM)

...that looks like a pile of shite.

lygutnelseon -> (26/7/2012 8:24:03 PM)

I love the remake as well,
I thought it was one of the best movies that came out that year.
& I still don't get why it fared so badly when the lamest, complete piles
of poop that they call movies that are released make shit tons of money.
I hate the common movie goer, you all are fat, dopey cunts.
That's right, ya fat dopey cunts.

I'm bleeding profusely, leave me alone.

NateDrake007 -> ??? (27/7/2012 8:48:48 AM)

Why would empire comment on straight to DVD stuff?

Fallen Giant -> (27/7/2012 9:48:47 AM)

Yeah I liked the Wolfman one of the few horrors I enjoyed. And I seem to remember it getting four stars in the Empire mag upon release (although it now only has two). I was really just thrilled that they didn't convert it to modern times -I mean you could see the seams where the new director had come on board and where things had changed course but I still thought it was worth watching and would've welcomed the sequel with Hugo Weaving where as this piece of Celluloid shit with a no name cast of TV actors and a director of crappy cash in sequels Plus the fact it's DTV kinda shows they don't have high hopes for this one. Just retesting the waters maybe? We need better monster movies especially after the Underworld 4, Abraham Lincoln etc clunkers.

ODForrest -> The Wooooolfman (27/7/2012 12:40:28 PM)

I enjoyed the remake (on a certain level) and was disappointed that it didn't do well at the box office. OK I accept that it was a bit clunky and you can see where it had changes made, but still it was enjoyable fare and the actual "Wolfman" looked good and was the dogs. I'll give this one a go and hope for the best.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.586914E-02