Fire walk with me (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

Woger -> Fire walk with me (23/7/2012 5:01:02 PM)

Walking on hot coals in a car park sounds like something Alan partridge would organise.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/21/tony-robbins-coal-walk-burn

directorscut -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 6:10:51 AM)

GODDAMN MISLEADING TITLE BOLLOX.

jonson -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 8:01:52 AM)

Are people really that stupid? Walking on coals that are 1200 degress Fahrenheit and they don't expect to get burnt.
And seriously, why would you trust Baldrick if he said it was safe? [:D]

Edit: I just read it happened in America. I'm not surprised now.

matty_b -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 8:10:41 AM)

I wish I could remember the title of the book, but I did read a scientific explanation as to why you can walk over hot coals if you do it quickly enough. Something to do with the heat transference to the top of the coal being relatively slow, which is why they get used for fires.

Might have been bollocks though. [:D]

steffols -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 10:37:09 AM)

quote:

"First one person, then a couple minutes later another one, and there was just a line of people walking on that fire. It was just bizarre, man,"

First proper laugh of the week. [:D]

Woger -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 3:16:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I wish I could remember the title of the book, but I did read a scientific explanation as to why you can walk over hot coals if you do it quickly enough. Something to do with the heat transference to the top of the coal being relatively slow, which is why they get used for fires.

Michael Aspel used to present a paranormal themed show back in the day, walking on coals was one thing they covered. Thee was someone doing it live and Aspel started talking to a skeptic and he siad he could do it no problem and then went and one it. From what I remember it has something to do with the ash on the coals that delays heat transfer for a while and the skin on peoples feet is thick enough to also delay heat transfer for a little bit. The two of these combined allow people to be able to run quickly, not saunter along as if your window shopping in Amsterdam.

Sway -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 6:26:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

Michael Aspel used to present a paranormal themed show back in the day, walking on coals was one thing they covered. Thee was someone doing it live and Aspel started talking to a skeptic and he siad he could do it no problem and then went and one it. From what I remember it has something to do with the ash on the coals that delays heat transfer for a while and the skin on peoples feet is thick enough to also delay heat transfer for a little bit. The two of these combined allow people to be able to run quickly, not saunter along as if your window shopping in Amsterdam.

Are you talking about Strange But True? Because that show was the shit. That and 999 with Michael BBC Buerk. Fuck the CITV nostalgia weekend, I demand a weekend of tv showing these on loop.

sanchia -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 6:36:56 PM)

They are no Peter Duncan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtQRiLDy03I

Mister Coe -> RE: Fire walk with me (7/1/2013 8:37:33 PM)

... elbat elbacimfoF a si sisT...

[;)]

Chief -> RE: Fire walk with me (8/1/2013 11:27:55 AM)

I'd like to try it but I'd be a bit afraid of tripping up and face planting.

Woger -> RE: Fire walk with me (8/1/2013 2:04:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

quote:

Are you talking about Strange But True? Because that show was the shit. That and 999 with Michael BBC Buerk. Fuck the CITV nostalgia weekend, I demand a weekend of tv showing these on loop.

That's the one, think it might have just had one series.

Sway -> RE: Fire walk with me (8/1/2013 6:53:37 PM)

quote:

That's the one, think it might have just had one series.

One?! It had four of the bad boys!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI