The Dark Knight Rises OST (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Soundtrack Reviews

Empire Admin -> The Dark Knight Rises OST (23/7/2012 12:50:33 PM)

Post your comments on this article

sleepwalker -> (23/7/2012 12:50:33 PM)

Great soundtrack, this trilogy has managed to create a soundtrack as iconic and recognisable as some of the classics from the 80's and 90's, especially in a sub genre that lacks great scores (cough spiderman, cough x-men) but I'm not impressed to hear that this is a third of the total score, too many repeated themes, literally note for note in some cases. Still I have no doubt ill buy the next cd that comes out!

TPM007 -> Batman Begins and Dark Knight are better (24/7/2012 2:30:39 PM)

Not as good as the previous two Bat scores.The first half seems too...I'm not sure what word I'm looking for...slow, uninteresting. I seem to prefer Zimmers work more when he collaborates (The Rock, Gladiator, etc). However, as the Empire review states, this is only a third of the full score, and some of the bonus tracks that are available ('No Stoned Unturned', 'Risen From Darkness') do show there is much more unreleased goodness. Best track on the album? 'Why Do We Fall?' is awesome.

Oh and @sleepwalker:

Surely you haven't heard the brilliant X-Men First Class Score

carleslempner -> RE: Batman Begins and Dark Knight are better (9/12/2012 12:31:15 PM)

The Dark Knight Rises feels fresh even though it is based on the previous Batman scores. It rises to a new level of excitement for me. Overall this score is nothing short of great. It has what you would expect from Hans Zimmer. I love this score and it feels so right, yet I canít say it is the best score of the year so far (even though I want to).

dreamextractor -> RE: The Dark Knight Rises OST (24/4/2013 2:30:35 AM)

Zimmer is the man [sm=rolleyes10.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI