RE: Should be something special... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Should be something special... (22/7/2012 4:59:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dolfinack

More solemn, no smiles, pass the razor blades action from modern day film-making. Why? I go to the flicks to be entertained and this does not mean sitting motionless staring at a screen full of miserable people. Movies used to be fun.

Oh shut up....[8|]

nollyg -> WOW (22/7/2012 6:26:54 PM)

Wasn't really that bothered about the new Superman film but these teasers made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Gillhead -> Major goosebumps - even without John Williams! (22/7/2012 7:06:07 PM)

That is all for now!

LSJShez -> (22/7/2012 8:34:11 PM)

NO FUCKING SLO MO, SNYDER! Or else.

natman_begins -> OMFG!!! (22/7/2012 9:28:37 PM)

A bit of wee just came out.

joey 100 -> Great Trailer apart from lotr soundtrack!! (22/7/2012 10:11:02 PM)

Loving the trailer, apart from the soundtrack, for me whenever you hear this tune you think of lotr, not superman!!! Really wished Synder could of just keep Wiliams Magnificent theme :(!!!

dannyfletch -> Can't wait for this! (23/7/2012 8:58:03 AM)

After being hugely satisfied with The Dark Knight Rises, I really can't wait for this new version of Superman. The teaser trailer has wetted my appetite hugly, this does indeed look like a true re-boot and re-imagining and not just a remake. Plus Henry looks like he suits the part down to a T ( I always had faith and wasn't one of the doubters) and with Nolan involved and a supporting cast including Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe I jut know I'm gonna love it!

Edgeware -> way more excited than I thought I'd be (23/7/2012 10:28:10 AM)

I certainly was not expecting to be able to describe the new superman movie as beautiful, but that might be what we're in for! weird choice of score though, surly everyone still thinks of LoTR when they hear it?

fraser1978 -> Questions?! (23/7/2012 11:10:45 AM)

So is Smallville a fishing village now, or is this Clark surviving on his way to find the Fortress of Solitude?

BelfastBoy -> RE: Should be something special... (23/7/2012 12:45:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

This should be something special. On other sites, people are bitching over the choice of music, but it fits perfectly - the last 90 seconds of 'The Bridge Of Khazad Dum' by Howard Shore from Fellowship. Comic con trailer was better though. God knows why Warner didn't run with that...

Comic-Con trailers are generally never made public though, are they? They don't seem to be considered as conventional promos for whatever reason, and so tend to be one-offs for those lucky enough to see them at the time. (For example, there was supposedly a great Avengers extended promo shown at a Disney event last year that never surfaced anywhere, even as dodgy cameraphone footage. Such trailers tend to acquire a bit more mystique if they can only be conveyed through written descriptions.)

As for the music, I clocked it as FOTR straight away, but it was well used and appropriate for the Superman context. On a personal note, I'm horrified that Hans Zimmer is apparently scoring Man Of Steel. I know that nothing can ever come close to John Williams glorious score for the 1978 film, but the thought of Zimmer's horrible generic, repetitive, simplistic industrial droning doesn't fill with me with joy right now, I have to say. (Cue lots of flaming from Zimmer fans! I know the guy has lots of admirers, but his production line-style of scoring does nothing for me. Please tell me I'm not alone?)

NateDrake007 -> Hold on to ya Snyder! (23/7/2012 4:19:50 PM)

I dont rate Synder at all and think 300 & watchmen are two over rated films. However, I am a HUGE nolan fan. If he can keep a lid on Snyder and keep his hands off that slow motion button in the editng suite, this should be a great reboot.
But Emma Thomas has recently said that this is very much a Snyder film, so i remain only optimistic despite a good looking trailer

MisterBob -> Washing powder? (23/7/2012 5:37:21 PM)

I think the best way to describe this/these trailers would be 'intriguing'. At first, it seems like a high-budget tv commercial for either washing powder or fish fingers. But by the end, it's done a good job of getting you excited. I don't know why they used LOTR music. I can't think of many other scores that are more instantly recognisable. Having said that, had they used the John Williams theme it would have been UTTERLY ridiculous. That theme was composed to fit the tone of the Christopher Reeve films and would not suit this new version. Imagine Nolan's batman with Danny Elfman's score... rubbish. The flying looks really good. Less floaty floaty, I'm so elegant and graceful and more I'm ripping through the sky creating sonic booms. Get out of my way.

Gillhead -> RE: Should be something special... (23/7/2012 6:30:32 PM)

quote:

: BelfastBoy

As for the music, I clocked it as FOTR straight away, but it was well used and appropriate for the Superman context. On a personal note, I'm horrified that Hans Zimmer is apparently scoring Man Of Steel. I know that nothing can ever come close to John Williams glorious score for the 1978 film, but the thought of Zimmer's horrible generic, repetitive, simplistic industrial droning doesn't fill with me with joy right now, I have to say. (Cue lots of flaming from Zimmer fans! I know the guy has lots of admirers, but his production line-style of scoring does nothing for me. Please tell me I'm not alone?)

I completely agree BelfastBoy.

But then again it would be difficult for most composers who have ever lived / are still alive to top what John Williams did in 1978. Best score of all time in my opinion!

lsdbaby -> A TEASE too far (23/7/2012 7:11:56 PM)

No, this needs to stop. Teaser trailers now show so little relevant footage that it's getting slly. If this trend continues in a few years time a flash of a logo and a mysterious tagline will be the norm for teaser trailers.

Lets be honest the same level of insane anticipation could have been generated with a black screen and the same narration(s). Maybe radio marketing is the way forward for film companies?

neil896 -> nice teaser but comic con trailer is wow! (23/7/2012 11:18:38 PM)

Superman return was a homage to the Christopher reeve films. good in its own right but DC want superman to as big as success as Batman Trilogy.
I can understand the apprehension with Zack Snyder at the helm and with the small teaser trailer..but. the longer action packedr trailer shown at comic con blew me away. It definitely has the Chris Nolan stamp ,it looks and feels fantastic. When this hits the mainstream or more footage shows up, people will take notice!.
The same thing happen with Batman Begins..people were not too sure how to take the teaser trailer but look at it now. Marvel are doing the business at the moment with their movie conversions and DC want a piece! Superman will big them another massive slice

BelfastBoy -> RE: A TEASE too far (24/7/2012 1:00:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lsdbaby

No, this needs to stop. Teaser trailers now show so little relevant footage that it's getting slly. If this trend continues in a few years time a flash of a logo and a mysterious tagline will be the norm for teaser trailers.

Lets be honest the same level of insane anticipation could have been generated with a black screen and the same narration(s). Maybe radio marketing is the way forward for film companies?

Don't quote me on this, but I think that, at the recent San Diego Comic-Con, a season 3 trailer was shown for Game Of Thrones. Apparently it was literally no more than the title and the broadcast date, and those present were a little embarrassed at how brief and inadequate this was.

I didn't mind the Man Of Steel trailer too much because it showed actual film footage. But, if there's literally nothing in a presentable shape, then it's a waste of time to prepare something - remember the Avengers teaser that was literally just a swoop around a stylised version of the film's title? Pointless! I know that the final film was a bit crap but Cowboys And Aliens managed to show an entire CGI-heavy sequence at one point within weeks of starting production, and Iron Man 3 has apparently just done the same, so it can be done.

st3veebee -> RE: A TEASE too far (24/7/2012 1:35:31 PM)

This didn't do much for me in fairness. However when he started flying (which they just can't get to look quite righ ever) and he broke the sped of sound it sounded bloody incredible in IMAX and got me a little bit exited (oooh err).

It doesn't look at all Snyder-y..which is a good thing.

Nicky C -> Love it! (24/7/2012 1:54:40 PM)

Certainly the bravest version of Clark Kent I've ever seen. Yes, I know it's incredibly short and it's just a mood piece, but it's so different that it really has my attention. Can't stop watching it.

GALLYMOO -> It looks poignant....this one's got heart.... (29/7/2012 3:03:42 PM)

The trailer is as epic as the originall Donner Trailer......Singer's dud hasn't a patch on this....This new chap has the look of the Man Of Steel....bring it on!

Frank Castle -> RE: It looks poignant....this one's got heart.... (29/7/2012 7:49:42 PM)

been waiting for them to finally film superman:the crab fisherman years and finally they've done it! seriously misses the superman theme for me and nothing really stands out even the money shot of superman flying was pretty dire.

Pelle -> Superbeard (29/7/2012 8:46:11 PM)

So... How does Man Of Steel shaves?

Emyr Thy King -> RE: Superbeard (30/7/2012 12:53:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelle

So... How does Man Of Steel shaves?

No idea, but I suspect his stubble are iron filings.

Looks quite good, the Jor-El voiceover is the better one and I say that as someone who doesn't dig Russell Crowe. We know what Snyder can do visually, it's really a question of what he can do beyond that.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI