No Marc Webb For Amazing Spider-Man 2? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> No Marc Webb For Amazing Spider-Man 2? (20/7/2012 7:39:40 AM)

Post your comments on this article

partybee -> Could Garfield get... (20/7/2012 7:39:40 AM)

his former director Fincher on board? Aren't Sony and Columbia his usual bosses?

Aidan Williams -> Marc Webb (20/7/2012 7:54:51 AM)

I hope he directs it because i don't think any one else will be good enough to direct the second one

Wild about Wilder -> RE: No Marc Webb For Amazing Spider-Man 2? (20/7/2012 9:17:11 AM)

Thank Fuck for that![sm=51.gif] [;)]

The Hooded Man -> RE: No Marc Webb For Amazing Spider-Man 2? (20/7/2012 10:01:53 AM)

He shouldn't have been near it in the first place.

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (20/7/2012 10:38:48 AM)

Andy and Emma had nice screen-chemistry & were both very good, but the film felt samey; the extended use of stunt men to keep it 'real' just made the movie seem small.

If a film lacks urgency/energy, they always bring in a top film composer at the last moment to give it a kick, and in this case, it was James Horner, who did his level best.

A re-boot needs radical change, especially if the last film was only a few years before; this franchise is hanging by a thread.

ManBitesHoff -> Is that because.... (20/7/2012 12:32:40 PM)

the first one was a bit shit?

bogman2099 -> the same movie (20/7/2012 12:44:42 PM)

its the same movie i know its a reboot but it is the same movie the performances and the special effects were great apart from the the slightly dodgy lizard,but it felt flat no norman osborne and the post credits scene was adamp squib were spideys movie brethern was seanaded with thors hmmer nick fury and other worldly thanos we just got a guy of no description it could of been a scene left on the cutting room floor we didnt need this reboot

daston498 -> raimi (20/7/2012 1:47:09 PM)

lets bury this garfield hipster rubbish and pretend it never happened, get Raimi back and continue on with Spiderman 4 with Tobey, black cat and the vulture.

BenTramer -> Webb Boots The Reboot (20/7/2012 2:13:56 PM)

I didn't care for this Spiderman reboot. It lacked the energy and invention of the Raimi movies. The casting was wrong (no chemistry between Garfield and Emma Stone, Sally Field completely anonymous as Aunt May although Martin Sheen was better as the Uncle than Cliff Robertson. The villain wasn't great either). If Webb doesn't come back, it wouldn't bother me.

Shifty Bench -> RE: raimi (20/7/2012 11:02:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: daston498

lets bury this garfield hipster rubbish and pretend it never happened, get Raimi back and continue on with Spiderman 4 with Tobey, black cat and the vulture.

The problem with that, though is Tobey's age. By the time they get round to making another film, he'll be about 40.......

Timbzy -> RE: raimi (21/7/2012 3:17:52 AM)

Lets just agree that they should never try again.

BatSpider -> Sony to boot Webb, they should dump the rest too (21/7/2012 12:23:26 PM)

what a lame-ass reboot. Everything about it sucked.

Workshed -> RE: Sony to boot Webb, they should dump the rest too (22/7/2012 9:23:24 PM)

I think the worst thing about the reboot eas the direction. Garfield was a far better Parker AND Spidey than Maguire who was a complete charisma vacume and is generally a pretty crap actor. The cast overall in this was FAR better than the
Raimi films but the direction was underwhelming and the plot and script were flawed.
I'd love to see Fincher's take but that will never happen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.152344E-02