RE: Revolution - US Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Mojo -> RE: Revolution - US Speed (3/10/2012 9:03:39 AM)

I'm actually starting to really like this. More unbelievable than the iPhone having charge, is surely the she's still carrying it round in an easily accessible part of her bag... you know just in case she needs it.

Captain Black -> RE: Revolution - US Speed (10/10/2012 10:50:05 PM)

Didn't see that one coming. Pretty bold move, killing off a lead relatively early in the series like this; particularly after giving Maggie a pretty decent backstory to go with her wobbly accent. Great (probably not actually) Wisconsin sky shot too.

While I wouldn't say I've enjoyed each episode more than the previous ones, I do think there's been enough good stuff here to convince me that, at some point -- probably 8 or 9 episodes in -- it'll reach critical mass and produce a really good episode.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Revolution - US Speed (15/10/2012 8:02:50 PM)

I didn't see that coming either. Wow.....Maggie was pretty pointless, huh?

Anyway, this show is a time-passer, right now. Nothing more. I can see it going the way of Flashfoward or Alcatraz if it doesn't up its game. The revelation about Miles and Maggie dying is a step in the right direction but the whole Danny storyline is starting to grate.

Eminent Junkie -> RE: Revolution - US Speed (5/11/2012 2:11:40 AM)

Anybody still watching this show on here? I watched last week's episode and was kinda disappointed. I got into the show, but now I'm not sure how I feel about it. Especially since I watched every episode of The Walking Dead between the premiere of Revolution and now. I think the show's kinda weak, just interesting, though. Solid production values. However, I thought that last week's episode was lame. All this shit goes down that doesn't further the plot in any way. The way they promoted it, I thought the episode was gonna go in an entirely different direction than it ultimately did, which was far less interesting.

I do find it interesting, however, that there's a lot of Stephen King references in this movie. The guy that kidnaps Grace (who we haven't seen or heard from since) is named Randall, as in Randall Flagg. And when Miles meets Nora's rebel group, he introduces himself as Stu Redman. And now, in the promos for tomorrow's episode, I see they've cast Colm Feore in a role...this is a guy who's actually played Randall Flagg before. Cool nods.

By the way, it seems that tomorrow we discover the truth behind the blackout...if you believe them.

Timon -> RE: Revolution - US Speed (8/4/2013 9:35:55 AM)

And I'm done. The girlfriend and I watched the latest episode after the mid-season break (the one with the helicopters) and we realised we just didn't care what was going on. Plus I kept laughing at the rebel leader's bad speeches.

It's a great concept, but it's done in such a ham fisted manner, that I just don't care and we decided that as we stuck with Chuck and Fringe to our detriment, that if the new episodes didn't immediately grab us, we'd stop.

Plus with all the new shows starting up that actually look good, it's time to get brutal.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI