Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack

furrybastard -> Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (13/7/2012 2:49:05 AM)

For the 25th anniversary of Sandman's first issue, Neil Gaiman is returning to the series to tell the one remaining story he never told in the original run, with art from JH Williams III (Promethea, Batwoman).

LINK: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/12/confirmed-with-video-announcement-by-neil-gaiman-new-sandman-by-gaiman-and-jh-williams-iii-for-2013/
VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GndnR7oSYYk

Great news! Gaiman had talked about doing this a few years ago but DC were too stingy and even after offering a pretty smart compromise, they still said no. Looks like they've budged!

Now come on Neil, how about finishing up Miracleman while you're at it? [:D]

EDIT: Cover art

[image]http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/phpxY082OSandmanpreview.jpg[/image]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (13/7/2012 9:03:58 AM)

Hell yeah!!!

I was genuinely just thinking last night that I wished Gaiman would do some more Sandman. So, obviously you've all got me to thank for this [:D].

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (13/7/2012 9:07:08 AM)

What? Are you serious? Ah man! Just one word.....
AWESOME!![:D]

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (14/7/2012 11:20:42 AM)

Now if only He'd do more Books Of Magic, Ennis more Preacher, Wagner more Sandman Mystery Theartre & Moore more ANYTHING!!![;)]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (14/7/2012 11:38:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Now if only He'd do more Books Of Magic, Ennis more Preacher, Wagner more Sandman Mystery Theartre & Moore more ANYTHING!!![;)]

I'm really down in the dump's at the moment regarding Moore's output of late. I think his judgement is now clouded by his how should we say, 'eccentric' lifestyle. And I think some of it was evident in one of his last effort's - Neonomicon (i've still to read his latest League exploits so cannot comment on that). But sometimes I feel he's not bothered anymore. He's lost that zeal and fervour of years past, when he produced masterwork's such as From Hell and V for Vendetta. I'm still hopeful that he will give us one more masterpiece before 'retiring'.

sanchia -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (14/7/2012 11:48:06 AM)

I would suggest not going near the most recent League storyline. Live with the quality of the first two and ignore the rest.

furrybastard -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (15/7/2012 2:40:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

I'm really down in the dump's at the moment regarding Moore's output of late. I think his judgement is now clouded by his how should we say, 'eccentric' lifestyle. And I think some of it was evident in one of his last effort's - Neonomicon (i've still to read his latest League exploits so cannot comment on that). But sometimes I feel he's not bothered anymore. He's lost that zeal and fervour of years past, when he produced masterwork's such as From Hell and V for Vendetta. I'm still hopeful that he will give us one more masterpiece before 'retiring'.

Pretty sure Neonomicon was written a good while ago but released much later than originally planned. Apparently the new League is fantastic. Didn't think much of 1910 or '69 but I hear 2009 is fantastic. Looking forward to reading it.

No need for more Preacher either. That's frankly a terrble idea!

sanchia -> RE: Neil Gaiman announces new Sandman series! (16/7/2012 9:42:42 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikAb-NYkseI&feature=player_embedded#!

How to achieve a Gaiman level of writing. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02