RE: Stop comparing it to The Raid! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

superdan -> RE: Stop comparing it to The Raid! (13/7/2012 2:15:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

That bad, eh? Two whole stars worse than Attack of the Clones? Is that even possible?

I prefer to think of it as two whole stars better than Taken.

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
It's posts like this that kept me well away from the Spiderman thread and have ensured I won't be going anywhere near the Dark Knight Rises one.

I thought the Spiderman thread was disappointing. Not nearly enough crazy for my liking, so I'm hopeful the DKR one makes up for it.

Anyway, I'll be watching this film. Given how turbulent the production appears to have been, 3 stars seems like something of a triumph.

Spaldron -> RE: Stop comparing it to The Raid! (13/7/2012 2:16:08 PM)

This threads just going to lie dormant until September, pointless. Why release the review so early?

elab49 -> RE: Stop comparing it to The Raid! (13/7/2012 2:17:17 PM)

Well presumably to answer the inevitable complaint threads about everyone else having reviewed so why haven't Empire.

Rock and hard place in here sometimes.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Stop comparing it to The Raid! (13/7/2012 2:17:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

This threads just going to lie dormant until September, pointless. Why release the review so early?

Because everyone is reviewing it I suppose. And we are already at two pages. It will get published in the August issue, leading into the September release.

bnicholson50 -> More Brackets (13/7/2012 6:19:21 PM)

Chris Hewitts review needs more brackets! That's all I have to say about that

talltom -> (13/7/2012 8:39:32 PM)

Correct me if I'm wrong but Dredd was in production before The Raid. Any chance the latter could be riffing on the former?

JOE SOAP -> DREDD IS DREDD (13/7/2012 8:46:20 PM)

Dredd aint as good a martial arts film as the Raid aint as good a Dredd film.

The comparison between them is about as functional as an arse without a hole.

burtbondy -> 3 Star-To Be Expected (14/7/2012 10:12:59 AM)

Judge Dredd is my all time fav comic book series but i just couldn't get excited for this for some reason. The satirism and twisted morality tales were to left wing for a mainstream movie. Ill still go to see it in the show-house though, and i hope im wrong.

Bighousewill -> RE: Raid looked crap anyway (14/7/2012 8:41:50 PM)

The Raid was crap

jace007 -> RE: Raid looked crap anyway (15/7/2012 10:58:13 AM)

The Raid was crap?/ From a troll who can't keep up with subtitles. STFU!

jace007 -> RE: Raid looked crap anyway (15/7/2012 11:00:02 AM)

Error.

MonsterCat -> RE: Dredd (15/7/2012 11:29:57 AM)

So if you didn't like The Raid you must be a troll who can't read subtitles.

Another slice of faultless Jace logic there, kids.

oui3d -> RE: Dredd (15/7/2012 12:00:32 PM)

Anyone remember when the Dredd script was 1st leaked (as Peachtrees) and people kept saying "So it's essentially Die Hard?"

It's not the films that are unoriginal. It's us.

rich -> RE: Dredd (15/7/2012 2:03:28 PM)

Or it's the fact some people have no attention span and think movies with tower blocks have only been released this year.

Pro-tip: the error message does not mean you didn't post, just go back and refresh the page

drich90215 -> (20/7/2012 1:50:52 AM)

I have not seen this film yet, but from having read the script and seen the overall press reaction to the film, I'm positive that to fans of the character Dredd will be Triumphant.
Oh , and for marking the film down on the basis that it is too close to another film which more than likely stole its premise from Dredd, I'm awarding an extra star.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Dredd (26/8/2012 12:29:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

So if you didn't like The Raid you must be a troll who can't read subtitles.

Another slice of faultless Jace logic there, kids.

[:D]

Absolutely bonkers!

elab49 -> RE: Raid looked crap anyway (26/8/2012 10:49:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jace007

Error.

MMmm. And can you guess what the actual error was?

Cool Breeze -> RE: Raid looked crap anyway (26/8/2012 1:00:13 PM)

Im excited to see this film but the one thing that worries me is this slo mo thing they have goin on with the drug during the action scenes.I hope they are not too reliant on it cos it looks a bit too Zack Snyderey for me.

MetalManDan -> Stop Comparing (3/9/2012 1:17:41 PM)

I've been reading a lot of reviews over the internet and I'm getting annoyed that almost everyone of them is jumping on The Raid band wagon when reviewing this movie. I'm sure The Raid has borrowed heavily from movies such as Die Hard. Plus it's just a mere coincidence as Dredd went into production before The Raid was released.

I haven't seen either film yet, I will eventually see The Raid in good time, but for god sake just review the damn movie without comparing it to one or more movies. For me this story works perfectly with the Dredd universe and I'm looking forward to seeing it in less than a week.

Pelle -> (3/9/2012 4:10:45 PM)

Oh well, better luck next time fellas. And maybe you should figure out fresh storylines instead of ripping them off from better action movies.

warren7355 -> RE: (3/9/2012 5:16:22 PM)

You can boil down the vast majority of action films and they all have a helluva lot in common. Watch Dredd (I have, and it's excellent) and then make comparisons to The Raid. Until then, stop trolling.

tallaght24 -> aarrrrggghhh (5/9/2012 9:46:35 AM)

For the last time, and for that tit at the back of the room, Dredd did NOT rip it's plot from The Raid. It had been written and was well into production before The Raid. Obviously post production would take longer because of the SFX. It was just a wicked coincidence that the plots were similar. Budget constraints I imagine played a big part in both instances.

leeseaton -> (5/9/2012 8:14:05 PM)

I thought that was a really well written and informative but entertaining review. I read a lot of reviews and this sticks to point and the reference to 'the raid' is relavent regardless of which was in production first. Keep up the good work. Right, off to book my ticket!

leeseaton -> (5/9/2012 8:15:03 PM)

I thought that was a really well written and informative but entertaining review. I read a lot of reviews and this sticks to point and the reference to 'the raid' is relavent regardless of which was in production first. Keep up the good work. Right, off to book my ticket!

burtbondy -> Any 2D ?? (6/9/2012 9:45:18 AM)

It seems my local showhouse is only showing it in 3D. Im happy watching plain ol 2D aint paying extra money for an experience I don't enjoy. The option has to be there or it will fail like Fright Night which mostly screened the 3D version , which like me, put off many people watching. Ive waited so long for this and looks like the wait will go on. Bugger 3D, Bugger it!

evilpickle4 -> 2D or NOT 2D? (6/9/2012 11:10:12 AM)

In a follow-up ro burtbondy's post about the lack of 2D in cinemas, I too would like to express my concern and unhapiness that this film is only being shown in 3D in all cinemas in a 50 mile radius of where I live. I have a sight defect which stops me from seeing 3D movies. On top of that I hate the concept itself. And because of this I'm not going to be able to watch this film. This movie is going to flop (undeservedly if the trailers are anything to go by) unless someone sorts this out. There are plenty of forums about this topic and especially relating to Dredd. The movie is going to miss out on a whole branch of it's potential audience if they insist on 3D and nothing but 3D.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: 2D or NOT 2D? (6/9/2012 2:51:46 PM)

Completely agree with burtbondy & evilpickle.

Much to my dismay, I discovered last night that my local world of cine will only be showing this in 3D as well.

As a result, I wont be bothering with Dredd - even though I was looking forward to seeing it.

If people want 3D (although I'm dubious to this idea anyway) then that's fine, but there should always be a choice between the formats.

If they provide no choice, then I will simply choose to boycott it.

Really disappointed....

warren7355 -> RE: 2D or NOT 2D? (6/9/2012 4:47:22 PM)

Just to clear it up, being made in 3D was crucial to Dredd recieving funding just to be made, I don't like it either, but I'll put up with it if it means that we get the Dredd film we've all been waiting for. (And it is!).

The Disciple -> RE: 2D or NOT 2D? (6/9/2012 5:15:13 PM)

http://film.list.co.uk/article/45206-dredd-2d-screenings-around-the-uk/

evilpickle4 -> RE: 2D or NOT 2D? (7/9/2012 10:26:05 AM)

The fact that you have to "put up with it" and the very short list of cinemas showing the film in 2D, surely proves my point.

As for seeing the film, f*ck 'em.

3D is a pathetic gimmick that should have died a death in the 80's. Does anyone remember how great Jaws 3D was? No?

quote:

ORIGINAL: warren7355

Just to clear it up, being made in 3D was crucial to Dredd recieving funding just to be made, I don't like it either, but I'll put up with it if it means that we get the Dredd film we've all been waiting for. (And it is!).

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI