Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

jackcarter -> Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (11/7/2012 12:07:52 PM)

-Batlogo in Nolans Following (1998)

-CGing Arnies mug onto a bodybuilder in Running Man (later done in real life for T4)

-Superman telling Luthor 'see you in 20' at the end of Superman IV (Returns was 19 years later - near enough)

???

st3veebee -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (11/7/2012 12:18:20 PM)

Pixar are all about this with tons of examples:

-Boo carrying Finding Nemo "Nemo" Toy

-Huggy Bear in childrens room in Up.

matty_b -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (11/7/2012 1:31:42 PM)

Yeah, but those are intentional.

The Big Guy -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (11/7/2012 2:08:25 PM)

quote:

Chris did get out. He enrolled in the college courses with me, and although it was hard, he gutted it out like he always did. He went on to college and eventually became a lawyer. Last week, he entered a fast food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument; one of them pulled a knife. Chris, who'd always made the best peace, tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat; he died almost instantly. Although I hadn't seen him for more than 10 years, I know I'll miss him forever.

grucl -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 11:59:04 AM)

In The Hunt for Red October Sam Neill's character's final words are: "I would like to have seen Montana"

A couple of years later we meet Sam Neill as Dr. Grant diging up dinosaurs in... Montana!

UTB -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 12:12:21 PM)

Unsure whether this is intentional or not...

In The Dead Zone Christopher Walken was a schoolteacher who told the class to read 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' and of course ended up playing the headless horseman in Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

Spaldron -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 1:21:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

In The Dead Zone Christopher Walken was a schoolteacher who told the class to read 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' and of course ended up playing the headless horseman in Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

Seeing as it was made years before Tim Burton even became a director I'd say that was definitely unintentional.

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 1:26:27 PM)

Spooky coincidence though!

UTB -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 1:35:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Seeing as it was made years before Tim Burton even became a director I'd say that was definitely unintentional.

What I meant was, it may have been intentional on Burton's part. He could have seen The Dead Zone, seen Walken reading the book and thought "hey wouldn't it cool if he was the headless horseman".

Spaldron -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 1:37:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

What I meant was, it may have been intentional on Burton's part. He could have seen The Dead Zone, seen Walken reading the book and thought "hey wouldn't it cool if he was the headless horseman".

I get ya now, its possible I suppose.

Brundlesflies -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 4:07:18 PM)

In Platoon one of the gunts says something along the lines of "Who's that guy think he is, Jesus Fucking Christ?" in reference to Willem Dafoe's Sgt Elias. 2 years later and who's Dafoe playing? Only JC himself in the Last Temptation of Christ [:)]

Brundlesflies -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 4:13:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

[image]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1231/huggybear3.jpg[/image]

[sm=ohmy.gif]

st3veebee -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 4:21:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

[image]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1231/huggybear3.jpg[/image]

[sm=ohmy.gif]

Didn't even realise I wrote that. Lots-o-Huggin Bear*

great_badir -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 6:39:09 PM)

After Arnie and Danny Devito get matching suits in Twins, Arnie says "cool as ice". Nine years later...well, sadly, we all know what happened when Arnie and cold stuff mixed nine years later...

UTB -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 7:17:20 PM)

Whilst we're talking about The Dead Zone, it also has Martin Sheen as a man who would one day become president.... as in The West Wing.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 7:26:31 PM)

In Leon, Gary Oldman waxes lyrical about Beethoven. "I love these little moments before the storm."

The same year, he played Beethoven, in Immortal Beloved.

I don't know which way round they were made, tho.

jackcarter -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 7:34:30 PM)

Zoe Sandalas character in The Terminal was a closet Trekkie - few years later shes Uhura

Colin Farrel as a supporting character in K Dicks Minority Report - 10 years later is the lead in the MR-esque version of P K Dicks Total Recall.

BudBaxter -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 10:18:25 PM)

Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park:

"That is one big pile of shit"

Four years later: The Lost World: Jurassic Park is released.

[;)]

UTB -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 10:27:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

[;)]

haha excellent. [:D]

Darth Marenghi -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 11:22:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

Zoe Sandalas character in The Terminal was a closet Trekkie - few years later shes Uhura

Colin Farrel as a supporting character in K Dicks Minority Report - 10 years later is the lead in the MR-esque version of P K Dicks Total Recall.

And Minority Report for several years was actually going to be the sequel to the original Total Recall film. Weird, huh? [:D]

rich -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 11:42:18 PM)

quote:

[;)]

[sm=happy07.gif]

Shifty Bench -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (12/7/2012 11:44:20 PM)

quote:

Ha! Bud wins the internet. [:D]

Spaldron -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (13/7/2012 12:08:02 AM)

quote:

[;)]

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha! [:D]

Bloke from Oz -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (13/7/2012 12:56:37 PM)

From the mouth of Arnold Schwazenegger in The Terminator, Commando, The Running Man and Terminator 2: Judgment Day - "I'll be back!"

In The Expendables 2 - now, erm.... what did he declare again?

Fit Kisto -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (19/7/2012 7:53:52 PM)

Empire pointed out at the time. Naked Gun 33 &1/3 ends with OJ Simpson running off in a panic, chased by police.

kumar -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (19/7/2012 8:07:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bloke from Oz

From the mouth of Arnold Schwazenegger in The Terminator, Commando, The Running Man and Terminator 2: Judgment Day - "I'll be back!"

In The Expendables 2 - now, erm.... what did he declare again?

My shoo is bigga dan dis caaahh

spark1 -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (20/7/2012 10:18:34 AM)

ian mckellen played a nazi in 'apt pupil' for bryan singer.
they reunited for 'x men' which began with an opening scene in a concentration camp.

FoximusPrime -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (20/7/2012 2:58:08 PM)

quote:

[;)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0ivRR48Mk

parsonage84 -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (21/7/2012 9:53:11 AM)

There's a scene in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, where Jason Segal sings the Muppets theme tune on the piano, and couple of years later, he helped bring the Muppets back to the big screen

Workshed -> RE: Unintentional foreshadowing in movies (22/7/2012 9:14:53 PM)

In Secret Window Johnny Depl is seen reading The Rum Diary and starred as the lead in that years later.

Matthew Modine played Pvt. Joker in Full metal Jacket then, urn... Starred in TDKR?

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI