BIG SCREEN - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine

Coen Brothers -> BIG SCREEN - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT (9/7/2012 9:56:49 PM)

Gutted to hear the news that empire big screen appears to not be happening this year :( this saddens me a great deal because big screen 2011 was one of the highlights of my year and is just a fantastic event. Everyone I chatted to at the event absolutely loved it and I think it's terrible that just because the company doesn't want to invest in the festival that we can't all get together and show our support for the world's greatest film magazine. I know there have been other forums for this but let's make a really successful one. Come on Empire readers, you watch the films, see how people protest against evil and battle for what is right and I think this is definately something we should all campaign for
WHO'S WITH ME?!?!
EMPIRE BIG SCREEN 2012 HERE WE COME!

Rhubarb -> RE: BIG SCREEN - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT (10/7/2012 12:01:50 AM)

Hey its the coen brothers.

MonsterCat -> RE: BIG SCREEN - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT (10/7/2012 12:32:26 AM)

Love your movies, guys.

Except for Lady Killers and Burn After Reading. That shit was whack.

DanC -> RE: BIG SCREEN - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT (23/7/2012 3:40:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coen Brothers

Gutted to hear the news that empire big screen appears to not be happening this year :( this saddens me a great deal because big screen 2011 was one of the highlights of my year and is just a fantastic event. Everyone I chatted to at the event absolutely loved it and I think it's terrible that just because the company doesn't want to invest in the festival that we can't all get together and show our support for the world's greatest film magazine. I know there have been other forums for this but let's make a really successful one. Come on Empire readers, you watch the films, see how people protest against evil and battle for what is right and I think this is definately something we should all campaign for
WHO'S WITH ME?!?!
EMPIRE BIG SCREEN 2012 HERE WE COME!

All is not lost. See Helen's post from earlier this month.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helen OHara

Afternoon all,

It's been brought to our attention that this is online: http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/bulletin/eventnewsbulletin/article/1139331/empire-magazines-live-event-canned-2012/?DCMP=EMC-CONEventnewsbulletin

Just in case any of you happened to be reading Event magazine and got worried, let's be clear: the decision was taken not to do Empire Presents Big Screen at the O2 in the same format as last year - as I think you all already know. Since then we've been working - and continue to work - on putting something else together. For various reasons, including the Olympics and the general madness of London this year, that's still a work in progress. But when we have anything to announce y'all will be the first to know - I wish we had more to tell you right now.

The main Big Screen / Movie-Con thread is at:
http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3166193&mpage=13&key=

DazCoops -> RE: BIG SCREEN - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT (27/8/2012 10:56:50 PM)

My personal hope is that Empire team up with the BFI again because as amazing i'm sure Big Screen probably was, it was out of my price range and like Comic Con you had to pick what to see over other things where as with Movie Con, you all got to see everything.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI