Chernobyl Diaries (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Chernobyl Diaries (7/7/2012 12:04:20 PM)

Post your comments on this article

filmsunlimited -> (7/7/2012 12:04:20 PM)

Erm - June 2016? Does the radiation now allow for time travel?

filmsunlimited -> OK Empire, if you won't review this, I will!!! (7/7/2012 12:10:10 PM)

A very decent atmospheric horror. The good thing about this is that it riffs off something that many people will find scary in itself, an abandoned city due to radiation (I wonder whether this was actually where it was filmed, althouhg I suppose the breakup of the USSR has brobably left plenty of military exclusion zones to come and make abandoned city horror films in.) The scares are genuine (watch out for sudden brown bears.) However, while most of the film is tense and captivating, it all goes a little downhill at the end. A common horror technique might be not to show you the monsters, but some sort of view of what the mutated zombies look like would be interesting. And while the cliche is avoided, come on, we all expected that child to turn around with three eyes or something!!! And correct me if I'm wrong but the radiation wouldn't affect you THAT quickly in the power station itself. However, minor transgressions from a thoroughly decent film. Go see! ( 4 stars)

stevenMcEpic -> RE: OK Empire, if you won't review this, I will!!! (7/7/2012 5:15:37 PM)

The trailer is really good. I want to see it for sure.

mattjtemp -> RE: OK Empire, if you won't review this, I will!!! (27/7/2012 8:34:14 AM)

Saw the advert and genuinely thought it was really tasteless, like having a remake of The Fog set on the Herald of Free Enterprise.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI