Disney Launches First Oz Teaser Poster (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Disney Launches First Oz Teaser Poster (4/7/2012 7:01:52 PM)

Post your comments on this article

jackcarter -> one ring to rule them all... (4/7/2012 7:01:52 PM)

that is all...

BatSpider -> "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan trilogy" (5/7/2012 1:57:50 AM)

good to see Raimi getting in on the marketing stuff too, but does he really want to remind us about SpiderMan 3?

theonering -> (5/7/2012 7:01:06 AM)

If they can make a film that comes even close to the style and scope of the original I'll be happy.

FoximusPrime -> RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan trilogy" (5/7/2012 9:36:48 AM)

What is it with marketing calling every bloody director "visionary"? Admittedly, that does kind of fit for Raimi, but I remember the trailer for Watchmen that referred to Zack Snyder as "The visionary director of 300...". That seemed to be a bit of hyperbole to be honest - I tend to think of Snyder as being at the same level as the visionary director of Die Hard 4.0.

Maybe one day we'll get a film from "The visionary director or...er...Visionaries"

Dave Oz -> RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan trilogy" (5/7/2012 2:08:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

What is it with marketing calling every bloody director "visionary"? Admittedly, that does kind of fit for Raimi, but I remember the trailer for Watchmen that referred to Zack Snyder as "The visionary director of 300...". That seemed to be a bit of hyperbole to be honest - I tend to think of Snyder as being at the same level as the visionary director of Die Hard 4.0.

Maybe one day we'll get a film from "The visionary director or...er...Visionaries"

Personally I would hesitate to bracket Zack Snyder in the same category as Len Wiseman. I think Zack Snyder has dropped in people's estimations since that movie with all the scantily-clad ladies in that asylum (the name escapes me), but I still think he has a lot more to offer than Mr. Wiseman.

Sam Raimi is a visionary though!

Moronifighter -> RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan trilogy" (5/7/2012 2:37:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

Personally I would hesitate to bracket Zack Snyder in the same category as Len Wiseman. I think Zack Snyder has dropped in people's estimations since that movie with all the scantily-clad ladies in that asylum (the name escapes me), but I still think he has a lot more to offer than Mr. Wiseman.

Sam Raimi is a visionary though!

Agreed. Snyders films definitely are visionary but the story an script is sometimes lacking...

FoximusPrime -> RE: "from the visionary director of the SpiderMan trilogy" (5/7/2012 2:49:28 PM)

That was probably a bit harsh of me to be honest - whilst I still wouldn't call Snyder 'visionary' he does at least bring some flair to proceedings and you know you're watching a Snyder film - he did a decent job with Watchmen and I am genuinely looking forward to Man of Steel. I still have zero interest in Sucker Punch (the scantily-clad asylum inmates film) as it doesn't look remotely enjoyable, but at least it was an original idea (I think).

Wiseman just seems to be a journeyman hack-for-hire.

However, edging back towards the topic at hand: Raimi is the Oz to their flying monkeys.

I might purchase Darkman...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI