The Dark Knight Location Travel Guide (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The Dark Knight Location Travel Guide (3/7/2012 11:51:19 AM)

Post your comments on this article

cheekimonki -> Where's... (3/7/2012 11:51:19 AM)

Glasgow? I heard a rumour that Nolan filmed some in Glasgow as he loved the old architecture of the city and it reminded him of what he thinks Gotham would be like.

davey_g -> RE: Where's... (3/7/2012 2:21:42 PM)

And what about Wollaton Hall in Nottingham used for the external shots of Wayne Manor???????

Bloody production crew even knocked down a wall while filming it because the truck didn't fit through the gap!

Helen OHara -> RE: Where's... (3/7/2012 2:45:44 PM)

It's mentioned in the copy! 

thepluginbaby -> (3/7/2012 3:49:14 PM)

Spent a lot of time at Wollaton Park when I was at uni. Remember reading the Inception Issue of Empire and Christopher Nolan's big plans for the The Dark Knight follow up just in front of Wollaton Manor. If I had known it was being used as a location...

narf17 -> (3/7/2012 3:55:13 PM)

Nice to see a mention of Wollaton Hall in the copy. You can visit it every day of the year for free, unlike the place in Bucks.

Schnorbitz -> (4/7/2012 12:12:10 AM)

The Delta Point building in Croydon. Still an empty office, as far as I'm aware.

Rod Hull -> (4/7/2012 8:17:18 AM)

The Farmiloe Building near St John Street in London, has been Gotham police HQ in all of Nolan's films.

TPM007 -> That's Roger Moore's House! (4/7/2012 11:08:30 AM)

I remember seeing Osterley Park House loads of time in The Persuaders!, Usually as Lord Brett Sinclairs Mansion

helenleach -> You can actually go to Nottingham's Wollaton Hall... (5/7/2012 10:52:35 AM)

Thanks narf17 - I was a bit bugged that the Wayne Manor you can actually visit was given a throwaway sentence. For a travel guide it's handy to be able to go there!! www.wollatonhall.org.uk

I love Wollaton Park, a beautiful hall, majestic deer across the park and a lovely lake walk - my family and I always go when people come to stay with us. Entry is free and you only pay a couple of quid to park.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI