Scorsese Goes Digital, Abandons Film (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Scorsese Goes Digital, Abandons Film (28/6/2012 9:34:29 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Nicky C -> Mmm ... Hugo. (28/6/2012 9:34:29 AM)

What an amazing movie. Sorry The Artist, I know you won all the awards, but you're a curio and Hugo is a bonafide masterpiece. As for the digital debate, I personally abandoned vinyl about 2 years ago and the amount of storage space I have nowadays is nucking futs! Go digital!

simjamlmx -> (28/6/2012 12:56:53 PM)

Wonder how long it'll be before tarantino is forced to drop film. as long as these films are shot at 24fps i don't see a problem with digital.

retrorevival -> money. (28/6/2012 2:02:56 PM)

There's no denying that digital is cheaper, I can't even begin to think of the costs of multiple prints of movies for all the thousands of theatres out there. Sure film has a certain look and feel but where money is concerned everyone is looking to save as much as possible. Better to go digital than cut back in other areas

ronniem -> Oh well... (28/6/2012 2:29:30 PM)

At least Spielberg and Nolan still fight the studios tooth and nail to shoot on film...it's just so much better in terms of the overall quality, but unfortunately it is more expensive for the studios...and in the end they are a business trying to make money.

Nerps -> Stupid question coming up.... (28/6/2012 3:09:36 PM)

Is there any reason why studios can't let directors shoot on film, have the final results converted and distribute digitally? I can see the cost argument for producing/distributing prints but i'm confused about why this has to be the case, can anyone enlighten me?

Nerps -> Stupid question coming up.... (28/6/2012 3:10:07 PM)

Is there any reason why studios can't let directors shoot on film, have the final results converted and distribute digitally? I can see the cost argument for producing/distributing prints but i'm confused about why this has to be the case, can anyone enlighten me?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
5.078125E-02