New Total Recall Trailer Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Total Recall Trailer Arrives (28/6/2012 1:15:16 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Whistler -> (28/6/2012 1:15:16 AM)

Okay, I know it's a remake, but SPOILERS MUCH!

BenTramer -> (28/6/2012 6:35:21 AM)

I see they've used the old 3 tits mutant gag again. Not a good sign when a remake copies so much.

kittybinks -> REMAKE????????????????? A shot for shot rip-off!! (28/6/2012 8:09:13 AM)

Dialogue same. Scenes same. Cheese same. Im not spending my money on this shit!!!!!!!!!

Bubba76 -> Yay! (28/6/2012 8:38:07 AM)

Lots of shaky camera action scenes with fast editing! :/

lukeynemo -> Looks promising (28/6/2012 9:05:05 AM)

Whoever said this was a shot-for-shot rip off has obviously never seen the original! Sure there are a lot of elements from the originial but if there weren't then it wouldn't be a re-make would it? Action scenes look good, looks like Farrell is putting in a good shift and the effects look up to scratch. Just wish there was a cameo from Arnold...

Whistler -> RE: (28/6/2012 9:41:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

I see they've used the old 3 tits mutant gag again. Not a good sign when a remake copies so much.

It's not just copying it, it's paying a little bit of homage to the original. The three-boobed lady is a classic pop culture reference. I was worried she wasn't going to be in it.

Nicky C -> No 3D?! (28/6/2012 9:54:30 AM)

That makes me a sad panda. Still, this looks kick-ass! What a great year we're having for blockbusters. Shame we didn't get to see Bryan Cranston. He's one of my favourites.

Nicky C -> No 3D?! (28/6/2012 9:54:39 AM)

That makes me a sad panda. Still, this looks kick-ass! What a great year we're having for blockbusters. Shame we didn't get to see Bryan Cranston. He's one of my favourites.

TJD -> Original film (28/6/2012 10:47:06 AM)

Really! One of the production companies what made this remake is called original film. You can see how excited I am about this film when I'm more interested in one of the production company title.

dannyfletch -> Maybe! (28/6/2012 12:32:30 PM)

Ok, well Len Wiseman is exactly well known for being a great directer and if it was David Cronenberg ( who was once attached to direct this back in the 80's ) then I would definitely be excited. But maybe this could be his breakthrough, only time will tell I guess. From the trailer though it does look pretty good but I still don't think I'll like it as much as Arnie's version!

mazgolightly -> Looks like fun! (28/6/2012 1:55:25 PM)

We might not have the element of surprise, as we all know the story, but it still looks like fun, looks fast, looks like a great use of CGI. Superb cast too - can't wait!!

mazgolightly -> Looks like fun! (28/6/2012 1:55:55 PM)

We might not have the element of surprise, as we all know the story, but it still looks like fun, looks fast, looks like a great use of CGI. Superb cast too - can't wait!!

logan 5 -> 3D V 3... (28/6/2012 4:35:17 PM)

Firstly thank god it's not in 3D as the speed of the action shots like most other films will render the 3D aspect redundant and secondly nice tip to the classic with the 3 boobs ref...

logan 5 -> 3D V 3... (28/6/2012 4:35:31 PM)

Firstly thank god it's not in 3D as the speed of the action shots like most other films will render the 3D aspect redundant and secondly nice tip to the classic with the 3 boobs ref...

logan 5 -> 3D V 3... (28/6/2012 4:37:43 PM)

logan 5 -> 3D V 3... (28/6/2012 4:38:54 PM)

logan 5 -> 3D V 3T... (28/6/2012 4:39:23 PM)

kumar -> (28/6/2012 5:56:59 PM)

i wish i had three hands, so i could give dem titties three thumbs up!

GALLYMOO -> If Schwarzenegger isn't Doug Quaid...Then who the hell is Colin farrell? (28/6/2012 6:26:59 PM)

This look's like a summer event....'Get ready for a surprise!'

BenTramer -> (28/6/2012 6:46:28 PM)

@Whistler First of all, it's not a "three-boobed lady", it's a three-boobed MUTANT, not the same thing. So the three-boobed mutant is not "a classic pop culture reference" it's a direct, lazy lift from the first movie. There's no point repeating the same image 22 years later. It just seems creatively bankrupt.

GALLYMOO -> "You blabbed Quaid!!!" (28/6/2012 7:00:24 PM)

Then again so would I if I got the shitballs kicked outta me by Beckinsale...wonder if Arnold will make a cameo as 'Construction site worker to the left'....' harry...he was the Bohss!'

Filmfan 2 -> RE: "You blabbed Quaid!!!" (28/6/2012 8:06:13 PM)

Not expecting too much from this (pointless) remake, but it's gone up ever-so-slightly in my estimations as I saw the great Bryan Cranston in there.

drews -> RE: New Total Recall Trailer Arrives (28/6/2012 8:36:56 PM)

The original is on TV tonight.

Awesome

evildave69 -> (28/6/2012 11:32:50 PM)

Blah, blah, blah, pointless remakes blah, blah, blah, no originality in Hollywood etc. Come on people, it's not going to be a masterpiece but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm a fan of Farrell (not everything he does is amazing but when he's on it he's really great) and yes I have the original short story, which is nothing like either film, and is actually pretty dull. I'm looking forward to it.

evildave69 -> (28/6/2012 11:37:41 PM)

Blah, blah, blah, pointless remakes blah, blah, blah, no originality in Hollywood etc. Come on people, it's not going to be a masterpiece but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm a fan of Farrell (not everything he does is amazing but when he's on it he's really great) and yes I have the original short story, which is nothing like either film, and is actually pretty dull. I'm looking forward to it.

Whistler -> RE: (28/6/2012 11:56:45 PM)

quote:

@Whistler First of all, it's not a "three-boobed lady", it's a three-boobed MUTANT, not the same thing. So the three-boobed mutant is not "a classic pop culture reference" it's a direct, lazy lift from the first movie. There's no point repeating the same image 22 years later. It just seems creatively bankrupt.

Okay Mr. Pedantic, three-boobed MUTANT. It really doesn't make much difference for the point I was making. And it very much is a pop culture reference. Ask anyone to pitch a scene from Total Recall and there's a good chance they'll name the three boob scene. If they just did a shot for shot remake that would be lazy, but using one little character to reference the film it's remaking is nothing to complain about.

(Also, are we arguing about boobs? [8|])

jobloffski -> RE: (29/6/2012 10:29:56 AM)

quote:

Isn't a reference to Douglas Adams' Triple breasted whores of Eroticon 6?

Filmfan 2 -> RE: (29/6/2012 2:10:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: evildave69

Well that's all well and good, and you may have a point about it being fun (though that remains to be seen). However, the kind of comments you dismiss in the first part of your post are valid, though this isn't the thread to discuss them in.

musht -> RE: RE: (29/6/2012 6:42:09 PM)

Surely if there's one thing we should be glad they're taking from the original, be it a homage or a complete rip-off, it's the woman (slash mutant(for the pedants out there)) with three boobs

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI