Indiana Jones And The Blu-Ray (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Indiana Jones And The Blu-Ray (26/6/2012 6:18:32 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Histeria -> (26/6/2012 6:18:32 PM)

Much as I love Young Indy, the SFX don't really stand up on DVD - they'd look awful on Blu Ray.

Pep Streebeck -> Box Set (26/6/2012 7:19:21 PM)

Please, someone tell Señor Spielbergo to release this in an Ark of The Covenant style box set.

vicandbob -> There's only 3.. (26/6/2012 7:54:19 PM)

There are only 3 Indy movies.. THAT IS ALL!!!

Whistler -> (27/6/2012 12:32:28 AM)

This is getting punished when it comes out.

dannyfletch -> About time! (27/6/2012 10:29:05 AM)

It's been too long a wait for this release and by the sounds of things I think it has been worth it. Crystal Skull is certainly the weakest of the bunch but I would still give it a watch on a rainy day. Raiders is without doubt the best of the bunch closely followed by Last Crusade. It'll be interesting to see the uncut version of Temple of Doom.

chris kilby -> RE: Box Set (30/6/2012 9:08:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pep Streebeck

Please, someone tell Seņor Spielbergo to release this in an Ark of The Covenant style box set.

He will. But you won't be able to look at it.

chris kilby -> RE: There's only 3.. (30/6/2012 9:11:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vicandbob

There are only 3 Indy movies.. THAT IS ALL!!!

That's four movies, Sallah. Can't you count?

chris kilby -> RE: About time! (30/6/2012 9:29:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

It's been too long a wait for this release and by the sounds of things I think it has been worth it. Crystal Skull is certainly the weakest of the bunch but I would still give it a watch on a rainy day. Raiders is without doubt the best of the bunch closely followed by Last Crusade. It'll be interesting to see the uncut version of Temple of Doom.

You'll be amazed at just how much was cut. I got the Region 1 DVD boxset just so I could finally see the uncut version and was surprised at just how brutal Temple of Doom is. It's still the most underrated Indy flick. And the funniest. Especially whenever Kate Capshaw deflates The Ultimate Hero's ego. How the future Mrs S didn't become a huge star off the back of this has always amazed me - she shoulda been Meg Ryan before Meg Ryan. That nightclub punch-up is classic slapstick and I've always loved the incongruously bonkers Busby Berkley number at the start - I still think Spielberg'll make a musical some day! Heck, even the cute kid wasn't annoying.

It used to be fashionable to diss Temple of Doom. Heck, even Spielberg got in on the act! But after a decade of disappointing Matrix and Pirates sequels, Temple of Doom looks like The Empire Strikes Back!

chuiching0806 -> RE: About time! (2/7/2012 2:06:09 PM)

Crystal Skull is certainly the weakest of the bunch [img]http://www.avufo.info/g.gif[/img]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI