best bruce wayne (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

prontron07 -> best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 2:51:35 AM)

Who is everyones favorite bruce wayne or who did you think did the best job not only batman but bruce wayne

Lazarus munkey -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 3:10:47 AM)

Tricky one.

While I think Bale's movies are the best incarnation of the character by a mile, his Bruce Wayne is actually better than his Batman. Michael Keaton didn't convince me as Batman but his Wayne was believably eccentric.

I'll edge toward Bale but Keaton is a close second.

prontron07 -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 3:42:28 AM)

I like bales bats but hes so cockey i love keatens wayne but his bats is dumb

Lucky Day -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 8:03:45 AM)

Keaton , pretty much perfect as both Wayne and Batman. I would love express my feelings on Bale's efforts, but I would only be accused of trolling, so I won't (Kilmer is involved in this, I've said too much).

Lazarus munkey -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 8:08:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

Keaton , pretty much perfect as both Wayne and Batman. I would love express my feelings on Bale's efforts, but I would only be accused of trolling, so I won't (Kilmer is involved in this, I've said too much).

Not a Bale fan?
I fully understand why his voice as Batman would grate on some but think he really nails Bruce.

FoximusPrime -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 9:20:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazarus munkey

quote:

Not a Bale fan?
I fully understand why his voice as Batman would grate on some but think he really nails Bruce.

[image]http://blog.fluidbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kenneth-williams.jpg[/image]

prontron07 -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 9:25:39 AM)

Haah i like the first two bats movies and begins the best when itcomes to batman but bale is a good bats but dont like him as much as keatons wayne

st3veebee -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 9:45:55 AM)

Bale: A good, if slightly too repressed Wayne, and a great Batman except for the voice .[:)].

Keaton: Despite his lack of chin, i think he nailed he bat-voice and was a very solid Wayne.

Kilmer: Very underrated Batman and Wane, sadly involved in a pretty awful Batman film. Some great moments though.

Clooney: Egads. Nipples were the least of this chaps problems in the role.

NCC1701A -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 10:14:11 AM)

Keaton hands down.

Lucky Day -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 10:34:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazarus munkey

quote:

Not a Bale fan?

I really have tried to enjoy both Bale and Nolan's work, and I am not the sort of person who likes to be contrary just for the sake of it. It's just that I really can't get into it. The ridiculous voice is a problem, but one I would be willing to overlook, there are some other problems. Bale seems bored in the role and there is (to my mind) an element of both Bale and Nolan getting away with it a bit and not quite believing their luck.

I realise I am entirely in the minority on this.

Maybe (if I'm being honest) it is just that I love both both the Burton Films, with the first one being in my top 10 of all time. It might just be my hang-up and maybe I'm just not allowing myself to see past the earlier films.

Or, maybe Nolan and Bale are just shit [:D]

Of course, the element of fanboy that Nolan seems attract doesn't help, but I guess you get that with anything successful.

Still, I am prone to dramatic changes of opinion, maybe in a year or two I will be on here ranting about the good old days of Nolan and cursing whatever direction Batman is taken in next.

Lucky Day -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 10:35:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Bale: A good, if slightly too repressed Wayne, and a great Batman except for the voice .[:)].

Keaton: Despite his lack of chin, i think he nailed he bat-voice and was a very solid Wayne.

Kilmer: Very underrated Batman and Wane, sadly involved in a pretty awful Batman film. Some great moments though.
Clooney: Egads. Nipples were the least of this chaps problems in the role.

Entirely this.

Rob -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 11:01:38 AM)

For me Bale is unquestionably the best Batman, the best public Bruce Wayne and the best private Bruce Wayne.

Keaton was good as Batman but he just looked confused and too eccentric as Wayne.

Kilmer was actually not bad as both.

Clooney tremendous actor though he is, was basically Clooney in the batsuit.

With Bale, I do understand the voice annoying people but it really works for me. It adds to the primal nature of a menacing, shadow figure like Batman. The scene in Begins where he hauls Flass up and screams "swear to me" is probably the best example of this. His private Wayne is the right mix of earnestness but with a sly sense of humour and his public Bruce Wayne is a cocky playboy. If I had a criticism it would be that his public Wayne perhaps isn't as charming or as endearing as it could be. Other than that, nobody comes close to him in my opinion.

garvielloken -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 11:05:38 AM)

Adam West.

Bloke from Oz -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 12:20:43 PM)

Christian Bale all the way.

gunstar -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 12:30:43 PM)

Anyone said Kevin Conroy yet?

Kevin Conroy.

Coyleone -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 1:15:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

For me Bale is unquestionably the best Batman, the best public Bruce Wayne and the best private Bruce Wayne.

Keaton was good as Batman but he just looked confused and too eccentric as Wayne.

Kilmer was actually not bad as both.

Clooney tremendous actor though he is, was basically Clooney in the batsuit.

With Bale, I do understand the voice annoying people but it really works for me. It adds to the primal nature of a menacing, shadow figure like Batman. The scene in Begins where he hauls Flass up and screams "swear to me" is probably the best example of this. His private Wayne is the right mix of earnestness but with a sly sense of humour and his public Bruce Wayne is a cocky playboy. If I had a criticism it would be that his public Wayne perhaps isn't as charming or as endearing as it could be. Other than that, nobody comes close to him in my opinion.

Exactly what I would have typed if I didn't see this post [:)].

will1000 -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 5:24:14 PM)

I would say Bale but he's missing a cravat. All the billionaire playboys I know wear cravats.

[image]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090728142557/batman/images/3/30/Bruce_Wayne_(Adam_West).png[/image]

Shifty Bench -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 5:45:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

Kevin Conroy.

This.

But if I have to go live action, I like Keaton but Kilmer was actually pretty good too. He just had a really bad script to work with (I will admit, I don't hate Batman Forever). Hmmmm.....I'll say Keaton, fuck it, why not?

DancingClown -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 5:54:11 PM)

Keaton.

prontron07 -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 7:29:00 PM)

I liked val as well just the movie was horrible

Darth Marenghi -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 9:14:52 PM)

Unquestionably the Bale-man for me. He is to Wayne as Connery is to Bond by this point.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: best bruce wayne (26/6/2012 9:51:32 PM)

The voice thing I like. It makes sense to change your voice. A blind person will immediately identify you, as would a normal-sighted person in the dark. Changing your voice creates a total identity cloak.

adambatman82 -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 12:23:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

The voice thing I like. It makes sense to change your voice. A blind person will immediately identify you, as would a normal-sighted person in the dark. Changing your voice creates a total identity cloak.

Yep, I'm with this. I've never really understood the criticism either.

Bale is my preferred, but I do really like Keaton too. Kilmer was alright, and Clooney's performance is given an interesting spin if one considers it to be a take on the West Batman (as does the whole Clooney film actually).

prontron07 -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 5:02:08 AM)

I like the voice as well that doesnt bother me i think you have to change somewhat

st3veebee -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 10:04:44 AM)

I think the voice issues is less to do with the fact that he disguises his voice and rather how he uses the most stupid voice to disguise with. Keaton nailed the Bat-voice in my opinion. Bale just sounds silly to be honest.

spark1 -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 1:27:52 PM)

i pick keaton or bale.

clooney was actually quite good as bruce in his scenes with michael gough.

great_badir -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 1:37:52 PM)

Bale and Keaton on a relatively even keel I reckon, although for my money Nolan's films piss all over Burton's (I like Returns a lot, but I think the first one is dreadful).

Bale's Bat voice has never really been a problem for me, but I must admit ever since I first saw Cartman as The Coon I now really struggle to hear Bale as Batman without giggling.

And there's always a soft spot for Adam West, of course. Pure...West.

DancingClown -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 4:57:36 PM)

For me Keaton's Wayne had charm, charisma, eccentricity, plus you could really sense a darkness lurking behind those great eyes, a proper mystique. And he had something else that I thought was invaluable; a sense of humour. Something that, for me anyway, Bale's BW seriously lacked. Although Bale's Batman is a serious badass, of course, I just thought his Wayne was a little bland. And a bit too tortured.

Still great films though, but I am biased towards the Burtons because I grew up on them. Plus I thought the casting was ingenious because it was so against type for Keaton, that one wouldn't suspect someone of his stature could transform into a flying nocturnal kick-ass vigilante. That made him so much more compelling for me to watch as a boy.

Spaldron -> RE: best bruce wayne (27/6/2012 5:43:54 PM)

If we're talking strictly Wayne as the OP suggests then its Bale easy. He's the only one who managed the duality of public billionaire Wayne and private tortured soul Wayne. Add to that having the third Batman persona made him pretty much the best screen incarnation of a Superhero since Christopher Reeve with his magic ability to differentiate between Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman flawlessly.

IMO Bale has equalled that performance which neither Keaton or any other Batman managed.

Swoz_MK -> RE: best bruce wayne (28/6/2012 3:10:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

Kevin Conroy.

This.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.201172E-02