Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Cool Breeze -> Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (23/6/2012 4:48:10 PM)

Beem watching this on Netflix for a while now and while its fairly cheesy its still very watchable thanks to a decent cast ( With some of the HOTTEST babes iv ever seen on a sci-fi show! ) and a general '' doesnt take itself too seriously '' approach.Based on an original series concept of Gene Roddenberrys, Andromeda is set in the far future where The Systems Commonwealth ( Basically a federation of planets like Star Trek ) is wiped out after being betrayed by The Nietscheans , genetically engineered warlike humans.The Andromeda, under the command of Captain Dylan Hunt is flung into a black hole and frozen in time for 300 years.When he and his ship is unfrozen 3 centuries later, he finds the Commonwealth has fallen and the universe has fallen into disarray.Recruiting a rag tag space trucker sort of bunch he sets out to restore The Commonwealth and reunite the galaxys.

[image]http://usuarios.multimania.es/OsmoLukult/Series/Andromeda/Andromeda_cast.jpg[/image]

The stand out character for me is the ships hologrphic avatar nicknamed Rommie played by the gorgeous Lexa Doig.She is later installed in an identical android body so she can go on missions.

[image]http://greenobles.com/data_images/lexa-doig/lexa-doig-03.jpg[/image]

The show doesnt really take itself too seriously and is a fun action show very reminescent of the original Star Trek ( No surprise given they share the same creator) .Roddenberrys wife Majel was an executive producer and DS9's Robert Hewitt Wolfe is responsible for developing it for televison.The shows cast and direction changes mid way through season 2 ( For one major character in particular ) due to Wolfe leaving the show after ' 'creative differences '' with series star Kevin Sorbo who apparently wanted to make the show more central on his character and make it more action orientated and less '' intellectual ''.

Im currently halfway through season 2 and finished the episode '' Dancing With The Mayflies '' which i found to be the most enjoyable episode yet.

Any fans?

Funkyrae -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (23/6/2012 9:31:50 PM)

I think I managed about two episodes before I realised how utterly shite it was and didn't bother with any more.

galvatron -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (23/6/2012 9:46:12 PM)

I only watched it cos the women were fit. It was utterly preposterous stuff.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (23/6/2012 9:48:29 PM)

Twas shite. The chick with the tail was strangely hot though.

spark1 -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (25/6/2012 10:19:08 AM)

decent show for its first couple of seasons but lost the plot thereafter.

blackduck -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (25/6/2012 11:27:49 AM)

Could have been a great show but they were never really sure how the central arc should go, shame had some great characters (and the women were hot). For me it always fell short of the similar but miles better Farscape

jcthefirst -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (25/6/2012 12:09:01 PM)

I remember seeing this on Channel 4, ages ago in a lunchtime slot.

It was awful, even for that time of day. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of cheesy sci-fi but this took the piss.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Gene Roddenberrys Andromeda (25/6/2012 4:13:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Twas shite. The chick with the tail was strangely hot though.

The tail ( And the pink skin ) didnt last too long.The character undergoes quite a change in season 2.

[image]http://www.trance-gemini.com/215_cap119.jpg[/image]

Space/time distotions tend to do that [;)]

Im midway through season 2 and it has improved from its rather shaky start.Will continue to watch and post my thoughts here.For those who are interested or are thinking of giving it another chance, all five seasons are up on Netflix.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI