Paul Verhoven Sees Jesus Christ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Paul Verhoven Sees Jesus Christ (22/6/2012 7:26:59 PM)

Post your comments on this article

GALLYMOO -> well ish innit? (22/6/2012 7:26:59 PM)

of coursh well yesh the v2sss

chris kilby -> RE: Paul Verhoven Sees Jesus Christ (22/6/2012 11:32:37 PM)

This won't be controversial in the slightest.

You just know in advance what all the Bible-bashing pinheads will say about this sight-unseen. The Last Temptation of Christ all over again. Which is a real shame cos Verhoeven's been planning this for years and couldn't be more serious about the subject. A mathematician to trade(!), Verhoeven is actually a member of some high-powered theological committee in America made up of some serious intellectual heavyweights which meets annually to discuss The Life of Jesus Christ as a real historical figure. I expect his book has emerged from this.

Jesus of Nazareth could well be The Flying Dutchman's masterpiece and the one which makes a lot of people re-assess his career much like Cronenberg, post-Dead Ringers. If common sense, proportion and perspective will be allowed to be prevail over the predictable howls of outrage.

Nexus Wookie -> Paul Verhoeven to direct Jesus of Nazareth (23/6/2012 1:15:09 AM)

Wow! Looking forward to it! I've known for a while of Verhoeven's interest in the subject - I remember him talking about it in one of his commentaries. The whole Jesus as a human view and so on. The thing is to always have an objective view of things, you may not neccessarily agree with something, but you should respect peoples opinions. Therefore, I really do hope this film does not come under attack like The Last Temptation of Christ did - another film which was taken the wrong way.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI