Taken 2 Trailer Escapes Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Taken 2 Trailer Escapes Online (21/6/2012 7:00:47 PM)

Post your comments on this article

GALLYMOO -> I wish I had Brian Mills particular set of skills.... (21/6/2012 7:00:47 PM)

...he's so blatant, he gives the sick bastards no other option than death! Roll on Taken 3!

nucleargibbon -> "will this live up to the original?" (21/6/2012 7:28:05 PM)

It's impossible for it not to really... given that you gave the original 1 Star.

murchison21 -> "will this live up to the original?" (21/6/2012 7:37:34 PM)

Beat me too it, would not take much after the review of the first. I loved Taken, was a great surprise hit, looking forward to this.
Empire really need to do an article on top ten reviews we got massively wrong! I agree with you most of the time, but every now and again you have a howler! Not often though!

dannyfletch -> Looks awesome! (21/6/2012 8:19:45 PM)

I think this will equal, if not surpass the original. All the ingredients are still there, including Neeson's excellent presence, plus more exotic locations and bombastic action!

SwedishDave86 -> Cant wait (21/6/2012 8:31:34 PM)

Is Brian Mills the 21st century John Mclane

Dave Oz -> (21/6/2012 8:50:41 PM)

Very clever. This proves that what we might have considered to be throwaway action scenes, gratuituous violence and gruesome deaths actually have consequences that will revisit the main character. I'm glad this approach has taken.

Cool Breeze -> Looks BAD ASS! (21/6/2012 9:16:07 PM)

Now THATS a trailer! Cant wait to see this.Looks like it will be even better and more hard edged than the first.Is it me or does it look like Mills wife is going to die? if that is what happens, Mills will be opening up a serioius can of whup ass! The only thing missing was footage of Maggie Grace running funny.

GALLYMOO -> Brian Mills is the new John Matrix ! (21/6/2012 9:31:56 PM)

Let's party!

dsysa06 -> Empire, what? (21/6/2012 10:20:03 PM)

"Will this live up to the original"

Oh yeah that 1 star movie you pretty much said was absolute bobbins.

Sellingstraws -> (21/6/2012 11:13:57 PM)

I love it when a horseshit sequel to a bag of wank original comes together...

Sellingstraws -> (21/6/2012 11:14:48 PM)

BenTramer -> Neeson In The Balls For Baddies (22/6/2012 3:54:32 AM)

Taken was a surprise hit that rebranded Liam Neeson as a hardman hero and it's an interesting direction for his career to take. Neeson has said that the success of that movie had Bruce Willis and Arnie calling his agent asking how he got that script.

Easy Rider -> "I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." (22/6/2012 7:52:38 AM)

The first one was great, once i watched that i had everyone i know watch it, they enjoyed it. Really looking forward to this one as well.

Aticus -> Looks the same (22/6/2012 8:40:55 AM)

But with no Holly Valance, she looks missed.

Perhaps Kylie will make a cameo.

Aticus -> Looks the same (22/6/2012 8:41:01 AM)

But with no Holly Valance, she looks missed.

Perhaps Kylie will make a cameo.

echoalpha92 -> Empire is fickle (22/6/2012 9:09:36 AM)

Quote from the review of the original "A venomous little actioner that mistakes bile for adrenaline. "

Couple that with the 2 star rating for phantom menace (which was originally given 5 on its release)

Reviewers...you either like a film or you don't...please don't change your minds when it becomes successful or bombs.

elab49 -> RE: Empire is fickle (22/6/2012 9:25:43 AM)

Different reviewers may review the film or DVD release.

And people DO change their minds about films. [:)]

ronniem -> Re: Empire is fickle (22/6/2012 9:26:15 AM)

@echoalpha92 ... Couldn't have said it better...Empire's credibility has taken a few hits in my opinion. Their reviews have been all over the place for my liking. It's getting to the stage where I don't even take their reviews into account anymore...they need to sort it out.

echoalpha92 -> Empire is fickle (22/6/2012 9:31:05 AM)

Quote from the review of the original "A venomous little actioner that mistakes bile for adrenaline. "

Couple that with the 2 star rating for phantom menace (which was originally given 5 on its release)

Reviewers...you either like a film or you don't...please don't change your minds when it becomes successful or bombs.

guysalisbury -> On my own........ (22/6/2012 10:53:23 AM)

I must be the only person on the planet who didn't like the first one. I enjoyed it more the second time but I really don't get the hype. With regards to the second one, I think ill just wait and see what the hoards have to say and maybe give it a go,

guysalisbury -> On my own........ (22/6/2012 10:53:37 AM)

I must be the only person on the planet who didn't like the first one. I enjoyed it more the second time but I really don't get the hype. With regards to the second one, I think ill just wait and see what the hoards have to say and maybe give it a go,

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: On my own........ (22/6/2012 11:24:58 AM)

My views on the Taken sequel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyxmD_UAK4
[&o]

hunterrific -> (22/6/2012 11:33:03 AM)

"live up to the original"? The original that you, Empire, gave 2 stars to? At times you're so hypocritical.

elab49 -> RE: (22/6/2012 11:50:32 AM)

Reviewer of Taken - Dan Jolin, 1 star, man of sense and taste
Writer of article on Taken 2 - James White, man with apparent fondness for shit films.

James White is not a known alias of Dan Jolin.

Conclusion - Empire is not a single person. It features different reviewers with different opinions. This is why the reviews have individual names attached and don't come under the committee heading of 'Empire'. [:)]

Filmfan 2 -> RE: (22/6/2012 1:23:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sellingstraws

Word indeed.

The first one was forgettable nonsense that didn't need a sequel, but they went ahead and made it anyway; this looks like more of the same.

Oh for some originality!

bradcam72 -> Reviews (22/6/2012 1:39:32 PM)

I always thought it might be worth having the feature reviewer's stars at the foot of the article coupled with stars by an alternative reviewer; that way you could choose a take on it before deciding to part with cash.

elab49 -> RE: Reviews (22/6/2012 2:01:37 PM)

But if one person gives if 5 stars, one person gives it 1 star - I'm not sure what basis you use to choose a take? Whichever fits your existing view of the film formed from your anticipation raised from other information? It seems to be making the review kind of redundant. And scores are really blunt instruments, which pretty much all reviewers seem to agree with.

If it's a balance of reviews then perhaps the Metacritic score for the film might be a way to go? It will look at reviews from lots of different sources. [:)]

Anyhoo - this is a bit off-topic. Empire have spoken about this before (as it comes up in every comic book or genre film review thread if the review doesn't match exactly what the person who hasn't seen the film yet wanted the review to say [:D]).

petethejakey -> How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice (22/6/2012 2:19:58 PM)

They must be NUTS to ever leave US soil again after the last movie, especially so soon after. The guy from Snatch is out to get revenge...yawn.

The bad guys this time should have come to his turf I reckon, but America won't want to show "baddies" being let into US. Better to kick their ass in their own country, hell yeah!

Dannybohy -> RE: Taken 2 Trailer Escapes Online (22/6/2012 7:25:48 PM)

ive just done a love wee in my pants

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI