Monsters University Gets A Teaser (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Monsters University Gets A Teaser (20/6/2012 10:12:50 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Judge -> (20/6/2012 10:12:50 AM)

Part of me wanted to see Mike as the popular guy on campus and Sully as the geek who isn't as popular (would make sense as Sully is the more successful one in the first job) but this still looks great.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: (20/6/2012 10:43:36 AM)

Only the "disco" trailer working [:@]

Still looks good though.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: RE: (20/6/2012 1:57:32 PM)

This really does come across as scrapping the barrel.

I predict this movie to have atleast 15minutes worth of decent comic amusement while the rest is going to consist of "why did they make this?".
Hope i'm wrong.

clarkkent -> (20/6/2012 6:15:56 PM)

"Gleww" heh heh heh heh.

TJD -> monster house (20/6/2012 6:53:31 PM)

Shouldn't this film be called monsters Inc monster house? And one monster should look like John Belushi!

snaze1 -> RE: RE: (21/6/2012 10:21:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I predict this movie to have atleast 15minutes worth of decent comic amusement while the rest is going to consist of "why did they make this?".
Hope i'm wrong.

How can you "predict" anything from a not even 2 minute long (very funny) trailer, a year before the film is released???
Come on, Iits Pixar, have a little faith!

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: RE: (21/6/2012 11:42:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

Hope i'm wrong.

How can you "predict" anything from a not even 2 minute long (very funny) trailer, a year before the film is released???

Because its a prediction.If I want to predict something in the short amount of time then I will.

Pixar have been wanting to do a Monsters Inc film for years now,and if this is all they could muster-up then blimey.
See were people really thinking when they finished watching Monster Inc "hey,it'll be funny to see how these characters were at college/uni"...,no.
The only thing that this college/Uni premise could work on would be TV as a series on some (lost) Disney chanel.

I mean we already know the ending of this.They go on to be successful scare-mongers and earn a living in it only for them to come to conclusion that making children laugh is just as rewarding.
What we're going get in this film is a few cracky "college/uni day"laughs,some heartfelt relationship moments and an ending to the begining of the original M.I movie we already know.

Already the film looks like a cheap add-on to a great film that,arguably,didn't need it.

Do we need a sequel/prequel to UP,The Incredibles,Finding Nemo and Cars (Cars 2 ..shudders)?,no,not really.

If Pixar really want to do something they should go back on WALL-E and produce a slightly different premise.
Because bar the really good begining the film ,after that, falls flat on its knees.

ravagee -> RE: RE: (23/6/2012 5:54:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: snaze1

quote:

Hope i'm wrong.

Because its a prediction.If I want to predict something in the short amount of time then I will.

Pixar have been wanting to do a Monsters Inc film for years now,and if this is all they could muster-up then blimey.
See were people really thinking when they finished watching Monster Inc "hey,it'll be funny to see how these characters were at college/uni"...,no.
The only thing that this college/Uni premise could work on would be TV as a series on some (lost) Disney chanel.

I mean we already know the ending of this.They go on to be successful scare-mongers and earn a living in it only for them to come to conclusion that making children laugh is just as rewarding.
What we're going get in this film is a few cracky "college/uni day"laughs,some heartfelt relationship moments and an ending to the begining of the original M.I movie we already know.

Already the film looks like a cheap add-on to a great film that,arguably,didn't need it.

Do we need a sequel/prequel to UP,The Incredibles,Finding Nemo and Cars (Cars 2 ..shudders)?,no,not really.

If Pixar really want to do something they should go back on WALL-E and produce a slightly different premise.
Because bar the really good begining the film ,after that, falls flat on its knees.

Totally agree!
I wish Pixar would ditch the sequel making stuff and stick to coming up with original ideas. Up was fantastic and I can't fault the Brave trailers so far. Sure, Toy Story 3 was the perfect film to end a trilogy with but I think the problem is that Toy Story actually had room to grow - i.e. through Andy's life. Whereas as much as I love Monsters Inc I really don't feel there is a strong enough side story to carry a second film. Perhaps Pixar will surprise me and make me guilty for doubting but until then I'm keeping my excitement low for this project.

It's sad that Pixar seem to be selling out to Disney demands of making films to cash in on rather than to make them to create enjoyment.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI