There's only one Ashley Cole.. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

BigBadWolf -> There's only one Ashley Cole.. (19/6/2012 10:12:49 PM)

I was going to do an ode to Ashley Cole, but hey, I'm not creative enough to write ode's.

So apparently Ashley Cole is now Englands most capped tournament player, now there's been times when I, like a lot of other people has said some 'orrible things about 'orrible, money grabbing Ashley Cole, but I now realise I was wrong. I was wrong to think he was a prick for shaking in near vomiting anger at the lack of a decent weeks wage from Arsenal, or for having a secret meeting with Chelsea.

Wrong for thinking he was a twat for shooting a youth player with an air gun. Let's face it, the kid probably deserved it. I never gave a shit about his relationship with nations sweetheart, or that he took nude pictures of himself in a hotel room.

For Ashley Cole is simply Englands finest, most consistent player of 'his (golden) generation' and will one day probably be looked at as one of Englands finest ever players.

Ashley Cole, world class player, and lovable rogue. I salute you. You lovely, mean spirited bastard [:D]

matty_b -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 8:42:42 AM)

Yep, got to agree with that.

England's consistently best player over the last ten years, England's best ever leftback (sorry Psycho, it pains me to say it, but it's true), and the one English who would probably make it into any other team.

And he gets bonus points for making Cheryl cry. [:D]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 10:28:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf
I never gave a shit about his relationship with nations sweetheart,

This would be the "lady" who physically assaulted a black women in a nightclub toilet because she wouldn't give her a lollipop?

quote:

For Ashley Cole is simply Englands finest, most consistent player of 'his (golden) generation' and will one day probably be looked at as one of Englands finest ever players.

A-fuckin men.

Mojo -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 10:51:49 AM)

I'll drink to that. A loveable rogue.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 1:54:22 PM)

In the same league as Paolo Maldini - one of the best left backs of all time

BigBadWolf -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 2:36:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I never gave a shit about his relationship with nations sweetheart,

This would be the "lady" who physically assaulted a black women in a nightclub toilet because she wouldn't give her a lollipop?

Yeah, that one. Indiscretions are no longer valid when you become a nations sweetheart. Apparently.

I read that Ashley Cole has played in all but 16 minutes of every tournament he's played in, which is remarkable really. And I've never known Cole not wanting not to play for England, not throwing his toys out of the pram, not undermining other players, or picking up mysterious injuries. The guy has always been available.

With 96 caps he might well stand a good chance of becoming Englands most capped player too, think Shilton is on 125.

Rhubarb -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 2:44:57 PM)

He's obviously not the most likeable guy off the pitch, but on it he has been, as has been said one of our most consistently outstanding players and he absolutely deserves to be England's most capped tournament player.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 4:21:04 PM)

Out of "the old gaurd" he's the only one I can see playing at the next world cup if we qualify.

James2183 -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 4:56:56 PM)

Not very nice as a person.

But one of the best footballers England have ever produced.

jonson -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 5:46:08 PM)

I never realy disliked him to be honest.
England's best player in his position for 20 years IMO, if he added goals to his game he would be better than Roberto Carlos, the "World's Best Left Back" until Cole came along.
I think his record, for England and domestically, shows a fantastic career, the proof will be in 20-30 years when people still talk about him as being one of the greatest. I just hope he bags his England goal soon.

horribleives -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 7:04:18 PM)

For proof of what a great player he is you need look no further than that shot he had just outside the six yard box last night. For someone who rarely makes an attempt on goal let alone score he kept a difficult ball down quite beautifully when many other players (including strikers) would've sent it sky high. I couldn't give two shits what he does in his private life (and for all we know he could be a decent bloke anyway) - he's easily the best english full-back in my lifetime, and I sincerely hope he sticks around for at least another tournament.

James2183 -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 7:07:23 PM)

Speaking of his shooting. He should be first choice for penalties too

Rinc -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 7:10:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
I just hope he bags his England goal soon.

Winning goal in the final vs Spain. [sm=happy34.gif]

He'd deserve it more than any player.

matty_b -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 7:25:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Yep. I can only remember him missing one in the FA Cup a few seasons ago, but I've never seen him miss in a final or for England.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 7:28:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Yeah, really not.

JJ Holiday -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (20/6/2012 7:31:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Milner on pens.

Goodfella -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 12:59:42 AM)

quote:

Would it be in poor taste to make a I've got something Cheryl can suck on quip here?[:D]

No joking aside, I agree about Cole. I don't like the man but he's by far and wide England's most consistent player, he's the rare commodity of his performances for his country matching those of his club, unlike the likes of Rooney, Lampard and Milner. Gerrard has really impressed me so far this tournament, as have Parker, Hart and Young, so far the five stand-out players for me.

The rest have been distinctly indifferent which is what, if we'd all been completely honest with ourselves, we should have expected.

clownfoot -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 9:52:18 AM)

If Gary Neville hadn't suffered the injuries he did at the end of his career I think he would be vying with Ashley as one of the best full-backs England has ever produced.

matty_b -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 11:37:06 AM)

People don't already think that of Gary Neville?

Skiba -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 11:52:30 AM)

I love Ashley but he's no Tony Dorigo

horribleives -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 12:59:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

Would it be in poor taste to make a I've got something Cheryl can suck on quip here?[:D]

No joking aside, I agree about Cole. I don't like the man but he's by far and wide England's most consistent player, he's the rare commodity of his performances for his country matching those of his club, unlike the likes of Rooney, Lampard and Milner. Gerrard has really impressed me so far this tournament, as have Parker, Hart and Young, so far the five stand-out players for me.

The rest have been distinctly indifferent which is what, if we'd all been completely honest with ourselves, we should have expected.

Really? He was better against Ukraine and made a couple of great crosses but of all the players who've started every game I'd say it's a toss-up betwen him and Milner over he's been the worst.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 12:59:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

Yeah, really not.

Actually he is - Ancelotti likened him to Maldini as well. He's come up against the best of the best of the modern game more than once and done the job - Messi + Ronaldo

Russ Whitfield -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 1:09:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

I think a bit of wee escaped me... brilliant

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 1:10:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

Yeah, really not.

Actually he is - Ancelotti likened him to Maldini as well. He's come up against the best of the best of the modern game more than once and done the job - Messi + Ronaldo

Maldini was also a top notch centre half, and two footed.

I'd rate Cole as a comparable left back, if not superior, but not as an all round player.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 1:21:44 PM)

Yeah that's a fair comment

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 1:33:10 PM)

quote:

Plus there is the whole Maldini bomance I had going on while I was growing up.

Always thought he was awesome, and then a popular girl at school (15 and she had huge boobs) said I looked like him.
I really, really don't, I just had the hair/eyes, but that was it I was Paulo. [:D]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 1:43:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

Always thought he was awesome, and then a popular girl at school (15 and she had huge boobs) said I looked like him.
I really, really don't, I just had the hair/eyes, but that was it I was Paulo. [:D]

I bet you loved that [:D]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 2:07:27 PM)

Back OT [:)]

I hope he is kept in around the team for the next World Cup. Plus it would be piss funny if he was become the highest capped England player.
The papers would go into melt down. GO ASH!!

Skiba -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 9:06:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

I think a bit of wee escaped me... brilliant

I mainly jest but Dorigo was my favourite player when I was a kid and was a regular at the Bridge...I started off as a left-back/left winger when I was younger so he was a bit of an idol for me!

He had goals in him too and hit a mean free kick, including one against Middlesbrough at Wembley in 1990...yes I was there when Chelsea won the coveted Zenith Data Systems Cup! [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1dVy_hbqwE

The man, the myth, the legend. There's only one Tony Dorigo

Rinc -> RE: There's only one Ashley Cole.. (21/6/2012 10:47:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

You've changed Martin Samuel, you've changed.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI