School Reunions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic

Larry of Arabia -> School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:08:15 PM)

My mum was telling me her school reunion was great fun as she got to see people she had lost touch with as well as seeing who got bald and fat etc. It got me thinking that, considering how many people these days are on social networks, you can pretty much see your old classmates get married, have kids, get divorced and also see them in their smalls in the obligatory holiday pics they post throughout this - without ever having met them in person since leaving school.

Would you want to go to a school reunion? Especially when you see people's Facebook and find out exactly why you haven't spoken to them since school in the first place i.e. you have nothing in common/you have had however many years of updates and are sick of them/you already know they are bald and fat and curiosity has been satisfied/they are a bit racist.

Shifty Bench -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:13:57 PM)

No, the majority of people in my year were bullying cunts who made my life hell and for that, they can kiss my arse.

superdan -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:14:22 PM)

I haven't seen nor spoken to any of my old schoolmates since 1999. I've not bothered adding them on FB either because, honestly, I've got nothing in common with them anymore besides the fact we went to school together. Consequently, the idea of a school reunion nauseates me, although I wouldn't mind seeing how one or two of my old female friends have aged [sm=whistle.gif]

superdan -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:20:14 PM)

Also, just the idea of people I haven't known for close to a decade and a half talking about their spouses who I couldn't give a shit about, and showing me pictures of their kids that I couldn't give a shit about, and telling me about their jobs that I couldn't give a shit about, bores me to suicide.

steffols -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:20:39 PM)

I have one friend from high school on my FB and I never talk to her. Thats more than I need to be honest. Most of the people I went to school with were arseholes who made my life a misery. I have no care for what they're up to.

rawlinson -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:20:57 PM)

One of the main reasons I don't use Facebook is because I don't want to be contacted by wankers from the past. A school reunion would be hideous.

directorscut -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:25:07 PM)

Well it's clear you were all Mr. Popular during school.

LOL. What a bunch of losers.

Hood_Man -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:26:13 PM)

That's cold DC, very cold.

I'm not sure, I kind of want to meet up with a few of the guys but then I still see my closest school mates fairly regularly.

That and it's only been 6 years since we all left anyway.

horribleives -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:27:10 PM)

Most of the people I was good mates with at school I still see anyway but I wouldnt go to a reunion for two reasons. I don't want to hear how rich and successful other people are (or for that matter, gloat at how fat and poor they are. Well, maybes one or two...) and I also don't trust myself to be in a room with grown up women who I may have harboured carnal desires for (or who may have harboured them for me. I've still got the cheekbones, you know...) without something messy happening that may result in stalking, broken marriages, or me getting my teeth kicked in by an angry cuckolded husband.

superdan -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:32:49 PM)

Thing is, I got on at school. Not in an academic sense of course, but I operated in the goldilocks zone of being neither one of the swotty nerdlingers, nor one of the arrogant popular people, but managed to get on with both groups just fine. Had lots of mates and went to lots of parties and a great time was had by all. They can all get knotted now though.

jcthefirst -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:34:41 PM)

I got on with most of the people in my year, but I was still pretty anonymous.

I reckon I would go to my reunion, if one were to happen.

MonsterCat -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:39:31 PM)

No way. I hope most them are dead.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:41:26 PM)

I would go - I quited liked everyone at school and I think I was reasonably popular. But then I see them all at Christmas in the same pub so not sure how unique it would be.

Shifty Bench -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:45:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Well it's clear you were all Mr. Popular during school.

LOL. What a bunch of losers.

And it's very clear what kind of person you were at school......[:-]

clownfoot -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:45:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I would go - I quited liked everyone at school and I think I was reasonably popular. But then I see them all at Christmas in the same pub so not sure how unique it would be.

Yeah, most of the guys I grew up with at school are still my mates now, even though I've moved to sunny Surrey. Going back at Christmas is just a big old reunion get together anyway where we catch up and get smashed, if we haven't already done so at a stag-do or wedding or other excuse to do so (rest in peace the funnel party) earlier in the year.

Sway -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:50:52 PM)

I had a semi-school reunion around the time me and my former Primary 1 classmates all turned 21. Organised by somebody in our class, the original group of us got together for dinner one night. Our P1 group was tiny - we ended up being in a composite class all throughout primary school - so there was only around 10 of us there that night. The majority of us have actually kept in touch with each other throughout the years to some degree or another. For example I'm currently living with one of them! However it was still weird seeing us all together and speaking to those I personally hadn't spoken to/seen in years.

However if it were a secondary school reunion - not a chance in hell.

Shifty Bench -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 10:54:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I had a semi-school reunion around the time me and my former Primary 1 classmates all turned 21. Organised by somebody in our class, the original group of us got together for dinner one night. Our P1 group was tiny - we ended up being in a composite class all throughout primary school - so there was only around 10 of us there that night. The majority of us have actually kept in touch with each other throughout the years to some degree or another. For example I'm currently living with one of them! However it was still weird seeing us all together and speaking to those I personally hadn't spoken to/seen in years.

However if it were a secondary school reunion - not a chance in hell.

Yeah, I'd like to meet some of the kids I knew at primary school, I had a lot of friends that moved away before we went to high school and while I got picked on at primary, it was nowhere near as brutal as high school. I'd like to know what happened to those kids, though.

I am Facebook friends with a guy who was my best friend at school, he moved away after school and is now married with kids. I still speak to him on occasion, so that's all that matters, really. The rest can suck it [:D]

Valanya -> RE: School Reunions (17/6/2012 11:47:11 PM)

I'm as in touch as I want to be with the people I'm still interested in from school. The rest were/are a bunch of twats, so no way.

Spaldron -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 1:00:59 AM)

I have most of my schoolmates on FB and seeing as the majority of them have gone on to be much more successful than me I don't think I would bother with a reunion for fear of looking like the biggest loser of the year. [:(]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 5:23:37 AM)

You couldn't pay me enough to go to a school reunion. I keep I touch with two people from school and there's a few more I still consider good friends (despite having not seen or spoken to them in about 7 years. Is that unusual?) but I'd be happy if I never saw any of the others again.

matty_b -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 10:41:41 AM)

Nah, fuck that.

I've kept in touch with the ones I wanted to, the others I couldn't give a hoot about.

Funkyrae -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 12:21:20 PM)

Which school?! I moved around so much I went to quite a few schools. I'm not in touch with anyone I went to any of the schools with and I'm quite happy with it that way. I AM however, in touch with my very good friends from Uni and can't wait to see one of them again this weekend.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 12:28:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

I have most of my schoolmates on FB and seeing as the majority of them have gone on to be much more successful than me I don't think I would bother with a reunion for fear of looking like the biggest loser of the year. [:(]

Yep,thats my fear.
Thankfully I dont live in america as these things are suposedly rather custom.

UTB -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 12:32:00 PM)

I don't think I would. The people I wanted to stay in touch with I have. All none of them.

great_badir -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 12:42:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b
Nah, fuck that.

I've kept in touch with the ones I wanted to, the others I couldn't give a hoot about.

Ditto.

Fortunately never had any trouble with bullying for the whole time I was there, but I don't see any point in seeking out people you never said a single word to in five plus years, let alone being friends with them in the first place.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 1:04:39 PM)

But arenít school reunions basically there for the ones who have done well to show-off (again).
See the ones I do see now and again who are currently successful were the exact same pricks who'd show-off endlessly at school.
Lifeís not fair..[&o]

Sounding really bitter about this

adambatman82 -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 1:39:27 PM)

I went to an impromptu high school reunion last year following the death of a former teacher. I'd like to get together with (most of) the people I went to school with. I'm sure that even the tossers have improved over the past 13 years.

st3veebee -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 2:37:19 PM)

Not really bothered to be honest. Got on well with most people in school but due to my lack of sporting, extra curricular and social acitivity I would be afraid I would show up and get a lot of "I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name" or just be flat out ignored. [:(]

I'm still friendly with a few and my best mate was in school with me so I don't see the point in going along and hearing about how great the other people's their children, money and looks are.

Also....is it just me or are we creating a sterotype about film fans being angry unpopular people on this thread [:D].

Harry Tuttle -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 3:27:21 PM)

I'm still mates with most of my old school friends to varying degrees so the only purpose of going to a reunion would be to see the people I wasn't friends with or outright hated. I've already had to go through the process of telling a few of them to fuck off and stop bothering me with friend requests on Facebook so it's a no for me.

impqueen -> RE: School Reunions (18/6/2012 3:46:25 PM)

I hang out with one person I knew at school and vehemently avoid the rest because to be honest it's excruciating being in the company of people who I have bugger all in common with. I am also rude and refuse to engage in conversations that don't interest me just for the sake of talking and I only recall about five people from school. I refuse to have Facebook. I always thought I was anonymous at school but turns out I wasnít. On several occasions Iíve been in a pub and had people chatting away to my friend and Iíve been politely oblivious to who these people are and yet they seem to know who I am.

Even when they leave and my friend tells me who they are (names, same classes we had, school rumoursÖ) not a fucking clue. Turns out I was the odd girl with the accent who never got caught. I pretty much agree with that assessment, I got on with my own thing at school, did well academically and never got caught or more likely was never suspected of anything remotely interesting.

What was the question? [:D] Umm no. [:)]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI