words you hate because you can't spell them (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic

Kilo_T_Mortal -> words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 6:56:38 PM)

discison

gingerdaniel -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 7:24:00 PM)

definately

Shifty Bench -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 7:25:16 PM)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Cunt of a word.

Hood_Man -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 8:07:20 PM)

Entrepreneur, no wait, chrome suggests that that's right [>:]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 8:18:00 PM)

Occasionally.

I always tend to put a double ss and single l.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 8:45:12 PM)

Takes me ages to get lieutenant right.

Lucky Day -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 8:51:36 PM)

Pretty much all of them [:(]

Toby Monroe -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 9:44:45 PM)

Oddisea

Spaldron -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (13/6/2012 11:43:56 PM)

recognition

Rhubarb -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 1:57:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Any word like this with three vowels next to each other is a nightmare.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

Pretty much all of them [:(]

I hear you.

benny the jet -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 2:07:18 AM)

Coppola/copolla

Spaldron -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 2:52:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: benny the jet

Coppola/copolla

Ones a director and the others an Apple juice. [:)]

benny the jet -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 3:38:33 AM)

i like both :)

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 5:36:52 AM)

Necessarily. Always get it wrong.

jcthefirst -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:16:12 PM)

This is not a hard word to spell by any means, but any time I'm typing quickly I always seem to spell finished as finihsed.

Like, every time.

great_badir -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:21:10 PM)

This one is more grammatical use than spelling, but - affected / effected.

I always forget the correct use of each and it drives me up the wall.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:24:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Any word like this with three vowels next to each other is a nightmare.

Yeah, I always struggle with bureaucracy as well. I always tend to start spelling it with a "beau" instead of a "bu".

st3veebee -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:27:04 PM)

Arguement

shool -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:35:33 PM)

Awkward

I keep wanting to put a q in it.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:56:00 PM)

Just think of Wong Kar Wai.

Tafferel -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 12:57:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

definately

[:D] Always, ALWAYS spell this incorrectly!

homersimpson_esq -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 1:03:51 PM)

Humorous is a weird one, because you drop the second "u".

Humourous just looks weird.

Incongruous too.

There is a word I can never spell, but I forget what it is at the moment. I'm fairly proud of my spelling, most of the time. I used to love spelling tests as a boy.

Actually, when I applied for a job at a call centre some 10 years ago, one of the random day's worth of tests (seriously, a day of tests, for a call centre..? Anyway...) was a spelling test. Halfway through, the person taking the test said the word (and obviously this doesn't really work written down) "compliment". Or "complement". It was unclear, because THEY'RE BOTH PRONOUNCED THE SAME WAY. Anyway, everyone started to write it down and I was like,
"uh, excuse me..."
"Yes?"
"...which one?"
"Pardon?"
"Which compli/ement?"
Awkward pause
"...umm..."
"Do you mean compliment as in, to give a compliment, or complement as in 'that tie really complements that shirt'?"
"...umm... the second one...?"

They really didn't seem sure...

Rhubarb -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 2:22:31 PM)

Stumuch/stomuch/stomach/stamuch/tummy

Harry Lime -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 3:44:48 PM)

Guaranteeing and rhythm are the ones that I always have to have a think about. Those and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 3:50:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

Guaranteeing and rhythm are the ones that I always have to have a think about. Those and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Pah, childsplay [:D]

I actually learnt the pronounciation of Llanfair PG (as we near locals call it) with a song. The way it's broken down in the song makes it easy to spell as well. Unfortunately I still occasionally (woot!) find myself pronouncing it to the rhythm of the song which sounds ridiculous.

I know you were joking btw, I just felt the need to share [:D].

Harry Lime -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 4:04:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
quote:

I actually learnt the pronounciation of Llanfair PG (as we near locals call it) with a song. The way it's broken down in the song makes it easy to spell as well. Unfortunately I still occasionally (woot!) find myself pronouncing it to the rhythm of the song which sounds ridiculous.

Haha! I learnt it from a song too. It was quite catchy and it's still how I tend to pronouce now. Something like Llan-fair..pwllgwyngyll...gogerychwyrn (hold note here)... drbwyllllantysilio... GO..GO..GOCH! [:D]

Did you recieve my PM the other day, by the way, Harry?

Harry Tuttle -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 4:11:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
quote:

Haha! I learnt it from a song too. It was quite catchy and it's still how I tend to pronouce now. Something like Llan-fair..pwllgwyngyll...gogerychwyrn (hold note here)... drbwyllllantysilio... GO..GO..GOCH! [:D]

Did you recieve my PM the other day, by the way, Harry?

I did yes and have edited accordingly. I tried to PM you back but your inbox was full.

I think that's the same song by the way [:D]

Link

Chief -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 4:40:29 PM)

It actually came about in a conversation with Harry T's mum the other night but 'illegitimate' can be tricky.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 4:41:26 PM)

[:D]

Wait...what?

Great, another name to the "suspected" Father's Day list.

Sway -> RE: words you hate because you can't spell them (14/6/2012 7:28:13 PM)

Suprise. Is how I always want to spell surprise.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI