Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic

Kilo_T_Mortal -> Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 6:49:59 PM)

Not that weird really but I loved the sticky rice and mango (anyone been to thailand?) I just ate, that was the bomb yo.

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 6:52:05 PM)

Cyndi Lauper

Shifty Bench -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 6:55:56 PM)

You replied to your own opening post just to make an eating-out-a-popular-eccentric-80s-singer gag?

I doff my cap to you sir. *doffs cap*.

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 6:57:22 PM)

I couldn't wait for the whole Uk with that under my hat.

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 6:58:10 PM)

but you know your thread is doomed when you posted to it 4 times in the first 5 posts

Shifty Bench -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:11:52 PM)

I don't think I've eaten anything 'weird'. I'm Scottish, so I've ate Haggis, that's pretty weird. And minging.

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food, I'm quite a wuss actually.

Sway -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:14:47 PM)

I've eaten nettles before.

And kangaroo, ostrich, springbok, and zebra. The latter being my favourite of them all.

matty_b -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:16:31 PM)

Reindeer, probably.

rawlinson -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:17:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Reindeer, probably.

RUDOLPH! [:(]

matty_b -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:19:42 PM)

It was at Christmas as well, just for extra evil points.

rawlinson -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:20:53 PM)

Matty_b - The cunt that ate Christmas.

gingerdaniel -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:23:11 PM)

I accidently drank pigs blood once, gave me the shits. I can't recommend it.

I've eaten crocodile, kangaroo and horse. However these may only be classed as weird in UK culture, same with all the bugs they eat in eastern asia i suppose. I eat enough bugs when i'm running/cycling!

I like horse, when i see my pal in Switzerland we always dine on them.

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:27:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

And kangaroo, ostrich, springbok, and zebra. The latter being my favourite of them all.

It's probably my turn isn't it? Sorry.

Sway -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:28:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Definitely is.

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:31:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Definitely is.

[:@] [sm=08.gif]

gazpop -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:40:02 PM)

But I lurrv horses!! Bloody French. And some of you lot. And other nationalities that eat horse. Don't let Daz see this thread. Mine? Er..well, they say we eat 8 spiders in our lives when sleeping so that's mine I guess. Shit on a stick in Thailand no doubt is up there too. And yes Kilo, Mango (my fave fruit) and sticky (coconut) rice with evaporated milk (all over it) is fucking nomnommers!

matty_b -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 7:41:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Matty_b - The cunt that ate Christmas.

[:D]

Rinc -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 8:04:18 PM)

Some crickets, locusts and a cockroach. Locusts were a bit tasteless, the others weren't too bad.

Hood_Man -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 8:05:58 PM)

I've eaten Ostrich steak before, but the weirdest for me would be snails. Not that they tasted of anything mind, at least nothing I could taste over all the garlic anyway.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 8:51:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

I accidently drank pigs blood once

Man, don't you hate when that happens?

Hood_Man -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 9:17:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel
I accidently drank pigs blood once, gave me the shits. I can't recommend it.

Now there's an anecdote for a chat show.

UTB -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 9:24:47 PM)

I'm sure I'll regret posting this but I recall trying my poop when I was a child. [:D]

Edit: just realised this thread is titled 'best' weird thing and not 'weirdest' thing.

[:-]

impqueen -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 9:44:54 PM)

Not too sure if itís the best but the most challenging in that looking at it I had minor qualms but thought sod it when in RomeÖor Vietnam - Balut.

Iíll try most things once, Iím almost certain I had Dog in Vietnam too; Iíve a photograph somewhere of a couple of barbequed/smoked dogs on the back of a motorcycle, looked like beef jerky.

matty_b -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 9:47:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I'm sure I'll regret posting this but I recall trying my poop when I was a child. [:D]

Edit: just realised this thread is titled 'best' weird thing and not 'weirdest' thing.

[image]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qDdnwPOuokU/TxNMk4iUxFI/AAAAAAAAAoI/HyLL3sHS4jg/s1600/clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif[/image]

Toby Monroe -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 9:48:44 PM)

Snails. It was actually a snail pie.

great_badir -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 10:22:15 PM)

As I consider horse, haggis, kangaroo and frog legs (yes, they DO taste like chicken, albeit about 100 time more succulent) to all be nommers, I don't think of any of them as being weird. I've also had the "usual" ostrich, crocodile (though not had alligator), reindeer etc etc. I've also had snails, but to me it's just like eating bits of tasteless rubber, but easier to chew.

I suppose the weirdest thing I've actually eaten is sheep brains in black butter sauce - me and my sister are the first non-Welsh generation in our family, so to us it was a bit weird when our grandparents had that for Sunday tea, but it was quite a regular event and quite normal for Welsh people in their 70s and 80s to be eating that as late as the 1980s. Actually, sheep brain is rather tasteless. The other weird-weird thing I've had is chocolate covered ants in Gibraltar - obviously being so close to North Africa, there's a lot of African influence on some of the food in Gibraltar, especially when it comes to snacks (I bought these in an otherwise very British looking newsagent and they were just in with all the other "normal" bagged sweets and chocolates and were similarly packaged). However, they weren't really the "best" - the ants, I thought, were actually quite tasteless (bit of a theme here, although I understand they are quite bitter if eaten without anything else) and merely provided a crunch to a chocolate which tasted like cheap cooking choc, so a bit bleurgh.

I suppose I'd have to go for frog legs, then.

The problem I have is that pretty much every animal I look at = food, with the exception of cats and dogs. I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious and wouldn't try cat or dog (not that I would ever find myself in a position to try them - I doubt the wife would ever agree to a holiday anywhere in Asia!), but even if I liked them, I wouldn't make a habit of eating other carnivorous mammals. That's how nasty-nasty diseases start.

Also, I understand, those of us who have eaten any pre-packaged salami type cured meats (particularly mortadella) as far back as the mid 90s that were NOT from Italian or Spanish delis have almost certainly consumed donkey without realising it...

Lucky Day -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 10:33:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

As I consider horse, haggis, kangaroo and frog legs (yes, they DO taste like chicken, albeit about 100 time more succulent) to all be nommers, I don't think of any of them as being weird. I've also had the "usual" ostrich, crocodile (though not had alligator), reindeer etc etc. I've also had snails, but to me it's just like eating bits of tasteless rubber, but easier to chew.

I suppose the weirdest thing I've actually eaten is sheep brains in black butter sauce - me and my sister are the first non-Welsh generation in our family, so to us it was a bit weird when our grandparents had that for Sunday tea, but it was quite a regular event and quite normal for Welsh people in their 70s and 80s to be eating that as late as the 1980s. Actually, sheep brain is rather tasteless. The other weird-weird thing I've had is chocolate covered ants in Gibraltar - obviously being so close to North Africa, there's a lot of African influence on some of the food in Gibraltar, especially when it comes to snacks (I bought these in an otherwise very British looking newsagent and they were just in with all the other "normal" bagged sweets and chocolates and were similarly packaged). However, they weren't really the "best" - the ants, I thought, were actually quite tasteless (bit of a theme here, although I understand they are quite bitter if eaten without anything else) and merely provided a crunch to a chocolate which tasted like cheap cooking choc, so a bit bleurgh.

I suppose I'd have to go for frog legs, then.

The problem I have is that pretty much every animal I look at = food, with the exception of cats and dogs. I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious and wouldn't try them (not that I would ever find myself in a position to try them - I doubt the wife would ever agree to a holiday anywhere in Asia!), but even if I liked them, I wouldn't make a habit of eating other carnivorous mammals. That's how nasty-nasty diseases start.

Is it? I never really thought about it but I suppose bad things would happen if you got involved in this. What kind of diseases (I'm just curious, not planning on going out and eating a bear or anything)

Goodfella -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 10:35:26 PM)

I've eaten a ghost chilli sauce but I'm not sure I'd count that as "weird."

I've tried kangaroo meat, and the proper stuff not the crap they serve in 'Walkabout', that was pretty nice actually!

Shifty Bench -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 10:37:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

As I consider horse, haggis, kangaroo and frog legs (yes, they DO taste like chicken, albeit about 100 time more succulent) to all be nommers, I don't think of any of them as being weird.

Part of haggis is a sheep's stomach, a part of an animal that you don't normally eat, so I'd consider that to be weird. Especially if you get to say 'brains'* which is a delicacy in some countries [:D]

*I know you didn't ultimately choose brains, though

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Best 'weird' thing you have ever eaten (13/6/2012 10:37:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

[image]http://swiftor.com/attachments/f22/11107d1333830955t-modern-warfare-3-needs-iphone-app-1308181932113.gif[/image]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI