Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

the_driver -> Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 7:54:24 PM)

What director would you like to see take the helm of a certain franchise?

To start things off, after seeing The Raid I would love to see Gareth Evans do the Deadpool movie with an 18 rating slapped on it.

UTB -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 8:06:15 PM)

I'd like to see Robert Rodriguez/Frank Miller do a Batman movie in the same style as they did Sin City.

chewbacasnapsak -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 8:53:06 PM)

This might seem bizarre but I was watching Tangled with the kids and I thought some of the action set pieces, particularly the mine chase were very reminiscent of Indiana Jones. Maybe that's the direction the Indiana Jones franchise needs, a full length animated feature, where none of the actors ages are called into question.

jackcarter -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 9:11:38 PM)

wont happen but Ridley Scott directing Terminator 5. Q Tarentino directing Escape from NY part 3, nolan directing Bond.

Biggus -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 9:21:31 PM)

Scorsese + Pixar = Cinema Heaven

Whistler -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 11:09:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackcarter

nolan directing Bond.

I would LOVE to see this. He'd make an amazing Bond movie.

Lucky Day -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (11/6/2012 11:14:31 PM)

Said it before, say it again.

The Wachowskis do Batman, Keanu Reeves is Batman.

Nice.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 3:10:27 PM)

Christopher Nolan for Daredevil reboot.Wil never happen of course but hed do an awesome job.

Whistler -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 3:11:28 PM)

I think we can all agree that Christopher Nolan would make anything good.

st3veebee -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 3:34:52 PM)

Ridley Scotts Terminator would be fascinating.  Ditto Nolan Bond.

Del Toro doing LotR or Hobbit [image]http://www.empireonline.com/forum/image/s7.gif[/image] or...Pinnochio?

Joss Whedon doing an Xmen film would be awesome too

Spaldron -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 4:06:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I'd like to see Robert Rodriguez/Frank Miller do a Batman movie in the same style as they did Sin City.

Urgh.... I wish the pair of them could fuck off an never make a film and/or comic book again. [:'(]

UTB -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 4:16:16 PM)

Well it was them or Michael Haneke but I thought we'd had enough emo Batman for now.

Fit Kisto -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 5:17:48 PM)

Wes Anderson for the third Tintin film.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 5:50:19 PM)

Guilermo Del Toro on Alien or maybe the Prometheus sequel.[:D]

David Lynch on Batman

Christopher Nolan on Predator,yep very left-field that one.

Biggus -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 6:07:59 PM)

Cronenberg does Alien.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 6:37:58 PM)

J.J Abrams on Transformers.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 7:13:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Cronenberg does Alien.

He was offered Alien: Resurrection but IIRC he said he turned it down because he knew he would never get the creative control he needed.

Valanya -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 7:14:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Joss Whedon doing an Xmen film would be awesome too

[sm=happy34.gif]

Olaf -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 7:23:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

David Lynch on Batman

I remember telling my brother recently about my amazing idea for a new Batman movie after Nolan's trilogy is finished. It was going to be a surreal body horror/detective movie directed by Lynch with Clayface as the main villain (played by three different actors) and Michael Fassbender as Bruce Wayne. it was glorious.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 7:32:15 PM)

Neill Blomkamp - Transformers, Star Wars

Timur Bekmambetov - Transformers, Star Wars

Christopher Nolan - Bond

Guillermo Del Toro - Batman(no JLA)

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 8:08:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

David Lynch on Batman

I remember telling my brother recently about my amazing idea for a new Batman movie after Nolan's trilogy is finished. It was going to be a surreal body horror/detective movie directed by Lynch with Clayface as the main villain (played by three different actors) and Michael Fassbender as Bruce Wayne. it was glorious.

Sounds cool.[sm=happy34.gif]

Coyleone -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 8:59:59 PM)

Nolan doing Bond would be my obvious choice.

Wasn't Aronofsky originally supposed to be doing Batman before Nolan? Would like to see that down the road, something tells me it would be seriously dark in tone.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 9:04:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

Nolan doing Bond would be my obvious choice.

Wasn't Aronofsky originally supposed to be doing Batman before Nolan? Would like to see that down the road, something tells me it would be seriously dark in tone.

Yeah I think that its nailed on to be honest.
But to me I feel its abit uninspiring,mainly because I find James Bond a rather boring character.

Aronofsky would have done a good representation of The Batman.

the_driver -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 9:44:56 PM)

Quite an odd choice but Paul Greengrass doing a Punisher movie with Matt Damon would be interesting.

Biggus -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 10:08:36 PM)

Paul Verhoeven doing Sin City.

rich -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 10:09:43 PM)

Guillermo del Toro reboots Van Helsing

adambatman82 -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (12/6/2012 11:36:01 PM)

quote:

Yep, and it sounded amazing.

http://www.slashfilm.com/tales-development-hell-darren-aronofskys-batman-year-one-starring-clint-eastwood/

Cool Breeze -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (13/6/2012 2:30:03 PM)

Iv given him a lot of stick over his rubbish Superman movie but based on his other work i think Bryan Singer would be a great choice to direct a proper reinvention or even belated follow up to the original Battlestar Galactica ( Not the crap noughties remake ).

He was involved in an attempted revival before and is obviously a fan of the original series so i hope he gets a shot at it.

shool -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (13/6/2012 2:32:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

( Not the crap noughties remake ).

[sm=ohmy.gif]

JonathanMardukas -> RE: Dream Directors for franchise reboots and sequels (13/6/2012 3:05:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

Yep, and it sounded amazing.

http://www.slashfilm.com/tales-development-hell-darren-aronofskys-batman-year-one-starring-clint-eastwood/

Wow. That was a fascinating read. I'd heard briefly once before that this had been in the pipeline but to read actual interviews from the scriptwriters is amazing.

Shame it will never see the light of day.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI