It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Lucky Day -> It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (11/6/2012 5:34:57 PM)

Yet that is what I am. All around me people are chanting for France. Oh no, they've all gone quiet. 'mon England !

Saltire -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (12/6/2012 3:06:55 PM)

Shame on you, your in Dundee too!! [;)]

Russ Whitfield -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (13/6/2012 2:46:53 PM)

I've never seen the point of that sort of behaviour. I mean, its not like you ever see England fans wearing the shirt of Scotland's opponents in a major tournament and supporting them.

boaby -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (13/6/2012 3:00:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

I've never seen the point of that sort of behaviour. I mean, its not like you ever see England fans wearing the shirt of Scotland's opponents in a major tournament and supporting them.

That might have something to do with our now perennial absence from major tournaments.

[:D]

As for Lucky Day, well, chin up. Stiff upper lip. Keep calm and carry on.

'mon Sweden.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 3:45:27 PM)

quote:

I take it the concept of footballing rivalry has been lost on you then?

Admittedly though, you probably don't see us as your rivals, much in the same way the Germans don't see the English as theirs.

Chief -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 4:11:56 PM)

I don't hate England but I just can't support them and hope they get pumped everytime.

I can handle normal English people supporting their team but I really dislike:

The players. Arrogant cunts (in general), okay maybe I just cannae stick John Terry.
The commentators that insist on talking about them every game no matter what the situation
The stereotypical 'fan'. Beer-bellied 'oi-oi' brigade

Qwerty Norris -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 4:23:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I don't hate England but I just can't support them and hope they get pumped everytime.

The players. Arrogant cunts (in general), okay maybe I just cannae stick John Terry.
The commentators that insist on talking about them every game no matter what the situation

Pretty much this...Tyldesley & Drury's ability to bring up an England reference out of nothing never ceases to amaze or infuriate me.

Terry & Cole aside, I don't really have an issue with any of the players or staff though.

superdan -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 4:32:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

Admittedly though, you probably don't see us as your rivals, much in the same way the Germans don't see the English as theirs.

True enough. There's nothing like your team getting consistently beaten in tournaments by the same country to make them your main rivals. Plus, I've only seen about 4 games between England and Scotland (most of which England won), while I've seen something like 10 England v Germany games (most of which those dastardly Bosh won).

English commentators are almost without fail one-eyed, bigotted bellends though. I hate Drury with a passion rarely held for a person whose face you've never seen.

horribleives -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 6:27:19 PM)

quote:

Most english fans dislike this kind of stereotypical fan too though, just as I'd imagine most scottish fans dislike pissed up wankers in skirts smashing up shops.

Spaldron -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 7:39:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Most english fans dislike this kind of stereotypical fan too though, just as I'd imagine most scottish fans dislike pissed up wankers in skirts smashing up shops.

Only this doesn't really happen. The only footie fans on these islands who are known for smashing up shops in other countries are the English.

Lucky Day -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 10:14:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

I would love the opportunity as a Scottish man to enjoy some footballing rivalry with England. But that would require Scotland qualifying for some kind of tournament (further to this, it would require them winning some games). This is sadly unlikely to happen in my lifetime (but I do hope my kids see it).

Hoping that England get pumped by everyone they play is not football rivalry. It is petty sour grapes. England losing is not (in my opinion) an acceptable substitute for Scotland winning.

So yes, if Scotland had qualified for Euro 2012 I would be cheering them on, I would want them to beat everyone including England. I would want to get further into it than England and I would enjoy watching England getting pumped. I would be enjoying the rivalry.

As it stands though, seeing as Scotland are pish and have been for quite some time, it seems pretty pathetic the entire nation should be praying for Englands misery.

Especially so, when you consider how many Man U & Chelsea tops I was seeing in Dundee's pubs at the end of last season.

boaby -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 10:23:22 PM)

Cheer up Lucky Day. Next summer at Wembley. England vs. Scotland.

Meantime... ABE.

Petty as phuck. Sour grapes? Nope.

superdan -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 10:32:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

That hasn't been confirmed yet, has it? I know the FA are pushing it, but I don't know how far negotiations have got.

Regardless, England v Scotland hasn't really had any relevance since the 1980's. We haven't even played each other for 13 years ffs. Germany and Argentina are far more important rivals from an English point of view these days.

boaby -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 10:55:25 PM)

I thought it was a stick on.

13 years since '99... phuck me. Getting old. I was on the phone all day in a futile attempt to get tickets - the first time I'd ever skived. I had to swim a loch as a forfeit after pride forced me to bet that even after the Hampden debacle that Scotland would get through. Christian phuckin' Dailly heading it straight at Seaman... phuck.

I guess the English may find playing Scotland as nothing more than an interesting novelty. It'd be the biggest Scotland game since Wembley '99. That's probably indicative of how far Scottish football has fallen for various reasons (though for me the primary reasons are the formation of the SPL and the structure it operates combined with the massive and illegal skewing of the market by Rangers).

Whether the Scottish interest in a game would in itself generate English interest I don't know.

Lucky Day -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 10:57:03 PM)

quote:

Meantime... ABE.

Petty as phuck. Sour grapes? Nope.

[:D] I never win this argument !!

horribleives -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:15:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Only this doesn't really happen. The only footie fans on these islands who are known for smashing up shops in other countries are the English.

I guess you don't class Rangers fans as 'scottish' then [;)]

But that's irrelevent. My point was that the aforementioned 'beer-belly/oi-oi brigade' are no more representative of the average england supporter than those scottish fans who rucked with them during Euro '96 are of the Tartan Army - all hooligans are cunts.

Saltire -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:35:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

That might have something to do with our now perennial absence from major tournaments.

'mon Sweden.

Aye Ibra to get a hat-trick tomorrow!! [;)]

Saltire -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:37:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

Pretty much this...Tyldesley & Drury's ability to bring up an England reference out of nothing never ceases to amaze or infuriate me.

Terry & Cole aside, I don't really have an issue with any of the players or staff though.

That vile band as well, and the newspapers with all their shit.

Saltire -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:40:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

But that's irrelevent. My point was that the aforementioned 'beer-belly/oi-oi brigade' are no more representative of the average england supporter than those scottish fans who rucked with them during Euro '96 are of the Tartan Army - all hooligans are cunts.

Exactly, we don't.

Lucky Day -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:42:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

'mon Sweden.

Aye Ibra to get a hat-trick tomorrow!! [;)]

Pfffft. Ashley Young will win three penalties [:D]. England has this one.

boaby -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:48:03 PM)

Doesn't matter if the leg-flailer wins* penalties. The absence of bottle will result in highly amusing misses. [:D]

* penalties are awarded by the ref not won by players. Pet hate. One of many.

Lucky Day -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (14/6/2012 11:51:21 PM)

quote:

Doesn't matter if the leg-flailer wins* penalties. The absence of bottle will result in highly amusing misses. [:D]

* penalties are awarded by the ref not won by players. Pet hate. One of many.

I hate that also, my tongue was firmly in my cheek.

Stevie G would be taking them I guess? In the absence of Lampard.

horribleives -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (15/6/2012 5:21:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly, we don't.

Combine that with the fact that no scottish fans of any other club have ever been involved in anything hooligan-related ever and I guess he's right then...

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (15/6/2012 10:14:33 AM)

I wouldn't worry about it, its just Spaldron. He likes to pop up here every now and again, spout a bit of crap, gets called on it and then threatens to tell the mods. [8|]
Anyone who tries to claim Scotland and Wales don't have any reputation for fan troubles is deluding themselves.

As Boaby said buying Sweden/France/Ukraine tops is petty as phuck. Its quite pathetic really and hasn't got anything to do with rivalry.
Wanting a side to lose is fair enough and I would consider rivalry, I mean why would you want your rivals to succeed?
However, schools having Trinidad and Tobago themed days because they are playing England is a whole other level of sourness.

Goodfella -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (16/6/2012 12:53:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

Clearly you've never encountered a Cardiff City fan...

CORLEONE -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (16/6/2012 1:38:24 AM)

I think Lucky Day's fantastic.

Spaldron -> RE: It's a hard life being a Scottish man who is supporting England .... (16/6/2012 1:41:34 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was being specific to national football. The TA are pretty well behaved compared to the BA.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI