Flight Trailer Lands Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Flight Trailer Lands Online (7/6/2012 11:39:07 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Thumbsucker -> Live action... Thank God! (7/6/2012 11:39:07 AM)

I accept the premise that 'directing is directing, whatever the medium' but Zemekis is one who simply hasn't been able to embrace the technology smoothly - he plays too hard for the 'floaty stick towards camera' moves, he is constantly convinced by less exacting minds that the 'uncanny valley' humans that are produced are up to the task of facilitating the story (note: they're not, not by a huge fucking margin) and his economy of storytelling gets utterly bogged down by the process. Take the flabbiness of Beowulf and A Christmas Carol and compare to the leanness and efficiency of any of the Back To The Future films and What Lies Beneath. I, for one, am very interested in how this film turns out - okay, the scriptwriter may not have the most confidence-inspiring resume but, with a sturdy hand at the wheel, this could be a tight little treate on the power of celebrity, the need for modern media to create and destroy its own heroes and accountability of those in positions of great responsibility... the anti-Spider-Man movie, if you will. Will be looking forward to seeing this, I think.

danclay77 -> Good (7/6/2012 2:42:12 PM)

This looks surprisingly good actually. Interesting premise and a good twist to the standard story.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI