Empire and advertising. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine

Dirk Miggler -> Empire and advertising. (2/6/2012 7:51:17 AM)

Been reading my Empire mag, great issue by the way, loved the spread on DKR but I couldn't help but be struck by the volume of advertising going on in this issue. I think 7 out of the first 9 pages were devoted to advertising, can't say I've noticed it before but are any readers starting to feel short changed ?

adambatman82 -> RE: Empire and advertising. (2/6/2012 11:12:28 AM)

I moved over to the iPad edition three months back, and actually quite miss the adverts!

Cool Breeze -> RE: Empire and advertising. (2/6/2012 3:26:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Been reading my Empire mag, great issue by the way, loved the spread on DKR but I couldn't help but be struck by the volume of advertising going on in this issue. I think 7 out of the first 9 pages were devoted to advertising, can't say I've noticed it before but are any readers starting to feel short changed ?

It is a bit excessive at times but i guess without the advertising there would be no magazine really.The DKR article is excellent however.Job well done Empire!

Dirk Miggler -> RE: Empire and advertising. (2/6/2012 4:49:52 PM)

Yeah I get its a necessary evil and without it we probably wouldn't get great articles like that one.

They probably just needed to spread it out a bit better then I don't think I would have noticed.

Spaldron -> RE: Empire and advertising. (2/6/2012 5:45:49 PM)

Tbh its not half as bad as it used to be. And at least some of the ads are film related (like the Jameson ones) so they don't really bother me. If there weren't ads the mag would cost about a tenner.

Helen OHara -> RE: Empire and advertising. (18/6/2012 9:26:31 AM)

Advertising pages actually pay for more editorial pages. When we get a bumper crop of ads in an issue, we are actually able to add more content as well - we get to "up-page" and write extended features and reviews. So if you see "excessive" advertising, it means you're also getting excessive content.

samhuds24 -> RE: Empire and advertising. (20/6/2012 9:06:53 PM)

To be fair to Empire, there are a lot of magazines out there that have adverts on virtually every other page. Plus it's better to have a lot at the start of the issue so you can have whole features later in the issue without any interruptions. I actually quite like the ads as a lot of them are film-related, as has already been mentioned.

Pritesh3k -> RE: Empire and advertising. (15/7/2012 2:02:40 PM)

I like the ads...some are usually posters for upcoming movies that I've forgotten about...others are linked into films that are out at the moment (I remember seeing an ad for Casio WaveCeptor watches when Bourne Ultimatum came out)...it's cool with me =)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI