Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 11:51:50 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Cyberleader -> (29/5/2012 11:51:50 AM)

Just a shame they were never able to do a crime boss/Goldfinger type Oswald Cobblepot. Joe Pesi would have been great in that role (not that it would have been a given that he would have taken the role)

burtbondy -> Overrated Series (29/5/2012 12:12:18 PM)

Too many flaws to be called great. To many crazy indoctrinated fanboys lurking everywhere ready to pounce on anybody who doesn't worship Nolan as they do.

thelas -> RE: (29/5/2012 12:18:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyberleader

Just a shame they were never able to do a crime boss/Goldfinger type Oswald Cobblepot. Joe Pesi would have been great in that role (not that it would have been a given that he would have taken the role)

I agree, a Carmine Falcone or Sal Maroni sort. Eric Roberts or Tom Wilkinson would be great.

thelas -> RE: Overrated Series (29/5/2012 12:18:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: burtbondy

Too many flaws to be called great. To many crazy indoctrinated fanboys lurking everywhere ready to pounce on anybody who doesn't worship Nolan as they do.

You're trying too hard dude. Good trolls are subtle.

elab49 -> RE: Overrated Series (29/5/2012 12:21:31 PM)

It's an opinion (although the second part is scarily true - the stuff on Avengers was reminiscent of the SW obsessives leading attacks on Serenity and LOTR). So please leave off the troll stuff till it's merited.

veedlemonster -> Nolanverse Forever... (29/5/2012 12:22:07 PM)

I'd love the Nolan Bros. to cook up another Batman, especially if it features Philip Seymour Hoffman as Riddler!
OR jump decades into the future and do The Dark Knight Returns with Jack Nicholson playing a Ledger-style Joker, and James Brolin an elderly Bats...

veedlemonster -> Nolanverse Forever... (29/5/2012 12:23:23 PM)

I'd love the Nolan Bros. to cook up another Batman, especially if it features Philip Seymour Hoffman as Riddler!
OR jump decades into the future and do The Dark Knight Returns with Jack Nicholson playing a Ledger-style Joker, and James Brolin an elderly Bats...

MonsterCat -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 12:28:31 PM)

Holy cats Anne Hathaway is looking super foxy on that cover. [sm=wub.gif]

Bluehawk -> Doesnt have to die. (29/5/2012 12:34:07 PM)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelchair. Try batmanning out of that.

jcthefirst -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 1:08:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Holy cats Anne Hathaway is looking super foxy on that cover. [sm=wub.gif]

She looks even better on the poster that comes with the issue.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 2:49:44 PM)

As if DC would let Nolan kill Batman off. As if.[:D]

Nolan are not the man is not all powerful. I think fans like to imagine he has ULTIMATE control over everything. He doesn't.

Discodez -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 3:33:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Nolan are not the man is not all powerful. I think fans like to imagine he has ULTIMATE control over everything. He doesn't.

Ultimately.. I doubt that DC have any say in where a movies stories would take their characters, otherwise they would surley have stopped Joel Schumacher and "Pitof" turning their charatcers into fucking jokes.

Also comic books kill off and then reincarnate characters all the time....

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 4:13:50 PM)

I think they have more control then you think. Attitudes were a lot different to comic book movies back in 1997. It's just such a moot point. There is ZERO chance they would kill of Batman. Come on....

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 4:21:36 PM)

quote:

I think they have more control then you think. Attitudes were a lot different to comic book movies back in 1997. It's just such a moot point. There is ZERO chance they would kill of Batman. Come on....

The Batman will die but Bruce Wayne will live is the theory im sticking to.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 4:41:44 PM)

Talking metophorically I think the clue is in the title. 'Rises'

Discodez -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 4:53:37 PM)

quote:

Well you keep saying there's ZERO chance but this is a distinct story in it's own universe, and as has already been said in many places discussing Rises, there's a real possibility that Batman may well be killed off, that Bruce Wayne will fake his death, as "Gotham no longer needs Batman", in an echo of the end of "The Dark Knight Returns". 

Also as for DCs influence, again I think I'd have to disagree slightly. When a Studio pays millions for rights to a character, they buy the right to do whatever the hell they like with that character. Although I'm not a fan of Green Lantern so know little about the character personally, I understand from people who are fans, that the recent film played very fast and loose with the mythology of that world, much to the annayonce of GL fans.

conywolf -> bane's voice?? (29/5/2012 5:34:22 PM)

Why do people keep going on about them changing bane's voice? there's no new version of the line of dialogue that appears in the first trailer, so nothing to compare it to, and as far as I know Christopher Nolan has always said they weren't changing it, unless I've missed someone saying that officially?

waltham1979 -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 5:36:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Personally my theory it I think it will be the opposite...Bruce dying but Batman living?!

nevard271084 -> ? (29/5/2012 5:45:18 PM)

The bat will not die if bale has said that if an idea was generated for a 4th film then he would be up for it.

mclane1 -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 7:06:11 PM)

i think Banes voice in the trailer is silly, he sounds like stephen fry- its really not very menacing. its a shame people wont know its tom hardy infact hes been shafted all round, cant see his face and hes had to do a funny voice. classic
quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

quote:

Personally my theory it I think it will be the opposite...Bruce dying but Batman living?!

MonsterCat -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 7:36:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mclane1

i think Banes voice in the trailer is silly, he sounds like stephen fry- its really not very menacing. its a shame people wont know its tom hardy infact hes been shafted all round, cant see his face and hes had to do a funny voice. classic

Except it's now common knowledge that Hardy played Bane and his name is on all of the promotional materials.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (29/5/2012 10:17:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

quote:

quote:

who?........[;)]

waltham1979 -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (30/5/2012 9:05:19 AM)

i think Banes voice in the trailer is silly, he sounds like stephen fry- its really not very menacing. its a shame people wont know its tom hardy infact hes been shafted all round, cant see his face and hes had to do a funny voice. classic[

[sm=happy07.gif] Oh thats really put a smile on my face hahaha [sm=happy07.gif]

kingtutiii -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (4/6/2012 4:57:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

Ultimately.. I doubt that DC have any say in where a movies stories would take their characters, otherwise they would surley have stopped Joel Schumacher and "Pitof" turning their charatcers into fucking jokes.

quote:

Joel

Actually, Joel Schumacher wanted to do a serious Batman film. The problem was that DC forced him to do a campy style.

Discodez -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (6/6/2012 12:59:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kingtutiii

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

quote:

Joel

Actually, Joel Schumacher wanted to do a serious Batman film. The problem was that DC forced him to do a campy style.

Sorry but that's not the case either, it was Warners who wanted to turn the Batman films into kid friendly 90 minute merchandise adverts. Nothing to do with DC comics.

Schumacher has since said that he wanted to do a more serious Batman film after "Forever", but you would say that after producing the excreable "Batman and Robin" wouldn't you? I mean if you were a director, you'd want to distance yourself from it too?

chris kilby -> RE: Dark Knight Rises: Is This The End? (11/6/2012 8:28:27 PM)

How about the Butch and Sundance freeze frame ending just before the cops open fire which Frank Miller originally considered for the end of The Dark Knight Returns...?

(Nah - he's too big! Either Bruce Wayne retires to be replaced by the Joseph Gordon Levit character. Or Levit becomes - GASP! - Robin in some form or other...)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI