RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine

superdan -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 4:11:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but 3 things are correct here.
It's better than The Phantom Menace
It's better than Return of the Jedi
And it was great fun.
It's certainly no 5 star film but I'd give it 4 for sheer entertainment. IMO.

Every single point here is wrong, on a level so great that I might have to go out and punch a swan.

So, swan-puncher [:D] you thought The Phantom Menace was better? You didn't think AOTC was great fun?
I won't comment on the ROTJ, some people like it, I think it's fucking rubbish and would much rather sit through any of the new versions.

I did think TPM was better (though it's like comparing gonorrhea to Aids). AOTC is awful in almost every way - the clunking dialogue, dreadful acting, horribly forced and unconvincing love story, a revoltingly unpleasant main protagonist, nonsensical plot, oddly poor CGI, and C3PO being an annoying cock.

I realise most of these apply to TPM too, but at least that has a mildly exciting fight at the end. The fight at the end of AOTC consists of Anakin and Saruman waving their wands about in the dark before Yoda goes chop-socky [:D]

Edit: I didn't punch a swan though. They're pretty big and kind of intimidating when you get confronted by one.

Olaf -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 4:45:27 PM)

Return of the Jedi is better with pan pipes at the end. True fact.

superdan -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 5:01:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Return of the Jedi is better with pan pipes at the end. True fact.

You are worse than Hitler.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 7:53:09 PM)

Actully I agree about the pan pipes thing. Some days.

And Menace is a better film - Clones is just flat out awful. Menace has small moments that let you remember it is Star Wars.

directorscut -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 8:08:15 PM)

And it was shot on film and doesn't look like a video game (well, it did until they DNR'ed the crap out of it for the Blu-ray).

Cool Breeze -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 10:19:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Actully I agree about the pan pipes thing. Some days.

And Menace is a better film - Clones is just flat out awful. Menace has small moments that let you remember it is Star Wars.

The speeder chase across Coruscant.

Obi Wan vs Jango Fett.

The asteroid chase.

Jedis vs Battle droids in the arena, heck the whole last 40 mins of the movie is pure Star Wars.Still, different strokes for different folks.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (31/5/2012 10:45:10 PM)

Not going down this path again - this was suppose to be a joke thread!

andrewmicky -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (27/7/2012 6:37:19 AM)

Ten years yesterday, Attack of the Clones was released. Let us celebrate the best thing to have come out from it. Here is to another ten years of the review being constantly brought up, in what is now known as Hewitt's Law!

Chris Hewitt -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (25/9/2012 3:14:34 PM)

BURN IT!

JediBobster -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (25/9/2012 6:39:28 PM)

And now, for a musical interlude to this thread, one of Chris Hewitt's favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2W_IvFceQ&feature=related

JEDI BOBSTER

Dannybohy -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (9/5/2013 2:41:08 PM)

5 out of 5!! really......

yankee -> RE: Happy 10th Birthday Attack of the Clones Empire Review (29/6/2013 10:49:26 PM)

quote:

It's better than Return of the Jedi

What? No, none of the new trilogy can be compared to the old ones...

_________
Free hosting

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI